fourteen

THIRD PERSON

The next day, Newt had woken up, quite emberrassingly to one of the doctors walking in on both him and Tide in only their undergarments. He had to explain to the doctor that she wouldn't let him go to sleep without having "lots of fun" as Tide had called it; the doctor just laughed. Tide had woken up quickly after, panicking when she noticed that a: Her leg was in a stirrup and a cast and b: Isaac was no where to be seen.

Newt quickly calmed her down explaining to her that the other boys had volunteered to watch Isaac for the night so he could keep an eye on Tide. He then had to explain to her what they had done last night to which she responded with a groan realizing that was why she was sore all over.

"Can I see Isaac now?" She asked as she attempted to sit up but Newt pushed her shoulders back against the bed.

"Yes, but you need to wait until the doctor checks your leg out. The bullet broke your leg." He said softly, "He should be back in a couple of minutes."

She nodded and sighed running her fingers through her hair. A minute of silence passed between the two before the door slid open revealing a younger man with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes wearing a white doctors coat that read "Dr. Ashford".

"Tide, Newt" He greeted and smiled stepped over to the side of her bed so that he was standing next to Newt. "How have you been feeling?" He questioned leaning over with a stethoscope and took Tide's heartbeat in a couple places.

"Good, a little out of it but good." She said softly and Newt gave her hand a soft but reassuring squeeze as Dr. Ashford straightened himself again and unhooked her leg from the stirrup and gently helped her rest it on the bed.

"Alright, that's good. You're baby, Isaac his name is correct?" When both Newt and Tide nodded he continued, "Well Isaac is doing just fine but he's going to need to be fed soon and I'm sure you want to get up and take a walk so you can go over to his room with the other boys if Newt is willing to walk with you." 

Glancing up at Newt, Tide gave him a "you'd better walk with me" look and Newt rolled his eyes and nodded pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Of course I'll walk with you." He said as Dr. Ashford handed Newt come crutches for her to use.

"Just call if you need anything." Dr. Ashford said before walking out and Newt looked down at Tide again and smiled. 

"You ready love?" He asked, his british accent shining through. Tide nodded pushing herself up into a sitting position as Newt helped her stand up and she nearly collapsed to the floor but he caught her carefully steadying her. "You all right?" He asked softly looking down at her worriedly.

"Yea, my leg just gave out." She said softly grasping his forearms to secure herself as he helped her get ahold of the crutches. 

"Do you think you want a wheelchair?" He questioned, his brown eyes filled with concern.

Tide grasped the crutches, finally getting them comfortable before looking up at him, "I'm good." She said and smiled pressing a kiss to his plump pink lips.

As she hobbled out the door she faintly heard Newt mutter under his breath, "Of course you are." And chuckled to himself following after her.