six

When we arrived at the dining hall, I quickly noticed how empty it seemed. Since it was only us, there wasn't much. I mean of course there was food and all but not much to talk about.

I sat in between Minho and Newt, Thomas was right across from me with Frypan and Winston next to Thomas. Minho handed me back Isaac who was fussy for a moment or two but quickly went back to sleep once he was comfortable again.

Everyone was quick to make conversation about the food, mostly they just teased Frypan about how this food was better than any klunk Frypan ever made. But of course, we all knew Frypan was basically a cooking  god when it came to food.

The food was dull for the most part, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and some kind of beef thing. Though everyone quickly ate, we stayed in the dining hall talking mostly about Isaac who was currently being held by Frypan who was cooing softly to him as he talked to him about something that sounded like the Glade. But, in all honesty, I wasn't really paying attention since I was so tired from this day.

Newt had one of his arms wrapped around my waist as I rested my head against his shoulder hardly paying attention to anything anyone was saying, not even when Ratman had come back in and lead us back to our room.

I had gotten Isaac back from Frypan and made sure to thank him for watching Isaac for me. So as we walked back to our room, Ratman paused Newt and I, holding out his hands expectantly.

"I'm going to need to take him for now, I'll bring him back in the morning for his feeding but for now you two need to sleep." Ratman stated and I looked up at Newt who looked a little bit unsure but went along with it giving me a nod of approval before I handed our son over to Ratman who then let us into the room.

Newt laced our fingers together leading me into the room where the others boys were all sitting on their bunkbeds chatting with one another as they got ready for bed. Newt lead me to one of the bunks, that Thomas was at, he had the bottom bunk and it seemed Newt was going to take the top as he pulled himself up and then held his hand out and helped me up.

Although the bed was still small, he grinned and pulled me ontop of him making me let out a small giggle when he tugged the covers up so the both of us were even closer now.

"No shucking by the way, you two shanks!" Minho called from his bunk about two bunks over from ours. Newt chest rumbled as he let out a laugh sending me into another fit of giggles once the lights went off in the room.

Now that the room was practically pitch black, I could still see Newt's face and he just grinned before oh so quietly whispering, "I love you." And pressing a soft kiss to my lips and securing his arms around my waist when I murmured "I love you too." Back against his lips.

"I thought I said no shucking!" Minho's loud voice split through the silence as a choruses of "Shut up" came from the other gladers as they attempted to sleep.

Newt just laughed quietly and everyone slowly started to fall back asleep including Newt and I.