three

The next few hours went by painfully slowly. Doctors and nurses had hooked me up to all kinds of machines. There was a clip on my finger which monitored my heartbeat, a needle in my wrist which apparently was supposed to make sure I received the appropriate number of vitamins.

Of course Ava Paige had told me that this was for the better, but when your boyfriends giant baby was trying unsuccessfully to move out of you, it was kind of hard to believe her.

By the time Ava Paige had finally decided to come back in and visit me, another 20 minutes had gone by.

The door slid open revealing her in her same old perfectly ironed white lab coat with her name engraved on the breast pocket.

She smiled that cruelly perfect smile before saying, "Newt told us if we let him visit you, you would be much more cooperative with us." And took a breath before asking, "Would you like to see him?"

Before my brain could comprehend what she just asked, my mouth had already answered for me and I blurted out yes.

She smiled again, "He'll be in here momentarily then." She responded before turning on her heels and exiting, the door sliding shut behind her.

It wasn't even two minutes before the door slid open revealing Newt.

"Tide." Newt breathed out as he took in my disheveled looking figure before running over to me and hugging me as best he could considering the fact that I was in labor hooked up to way to many machines.

Even though the hug he game me probably wouldn't have even counted as a hug, it felt better than any one we could have shared.

With his face nuzzled into my neck and his dirty blonde hair more disheveled than ever, he asked if I was alright.

I mumbled reassuring works into his hair as he continued to cuddle me. That was, until one of those shucking contractions came again and I let out a loud whimper causing his head to shoot up..

"Is the baby moving again?" He asked worriedly as I gripped his calloused hands tightly praying the pain would go away.

"Contraction." I groaned out resting my forehead against out intertwined hands as he rubbed my back soothingly murmuring sweet nothings as I tried to make the pain go away.

A couple seconds later, the pain faded leaving me exhausted and Newt more concerned than ever.

He gently lifted my shoulders and sat down on the bed with me so I say comfortably between his legs resting my head against his chest listening to his steady heartbeat.

And we laid like the with one of his hands atop the baby bump and his other hand intertwined with mine.

That was when we silently agreed we were going to her through this together.
_________________________
oh my god guys I am so sorry I haven't updated in forever!! I feel so bad! I promise I'm going to update way more often!! I'm going to update again tonight!❤️❤️❤️
love, Maddie