Chapter 3

Sam and Stefan stayed awake kissing and getting to know each other, the time went fast and before they knew it, Dean's alarm went off, making the younger brothers pull apart quickly.

They weren't ashamed but they wanted to keep whatever was going on between them, without involving their older brothers.

"Alright, my turn Sam, go to sleep." Dean frowned when he saw Stefan quietly sitting on a chair next to his little brother, Dean wasn't stupid and as soon as he saw Stefan blushing as he avoided Dean's probing stare, and Sam's swollen lips, he put two and two together. He was dying to get details but decided to wait a little while before he questions Sam for details.

"Stefan, why are you awake?" Dean questions as he yawns tiredly, feigning innocence.

Dean saw how Stefan turn his gaze briefly towards Sam but quickly averted his eyes before Sam could notice it.

"I couldn't sleep, I'm nervous about the originals." Stefan confesses in a low quiet voice.

"Don't be, me and Dean have been through hell and back,we can take a couple of old vampires, right Dean?" Sam pipes with a small tender smile, he wanted to ease the worry off Stefan and he felt helpless.

"Yeah literally through hell, Sammy here was even in a cage with Michael and Lucifer, they bonded." Dean chirps and the hunters heard a gasp coming from Stefan.

"You were in hell? For how long, did they hurt you?" Stefan shot question after question, Dean almost snickered but contained it so that he wouldn't embarrassed both younger man.

"Honestly, I don't know how long I was there, and well they tortured my soul and yes it was painful, but I'm ok now, so no worries." Sam smiled at Stefan, it warm his heart to see Stefan being concerned about his well being.

He had that from Dean and Bobby but for some reason his heart beat at how caring Stefan was with him

"Oh, well it's good that you're out of there,something tells me you two go through all that shit on a daily basis." Stefan pointed out as he looks at the hunters for confirmation, which they nodded their heads in agreement.

Stefan didn't like how his gut twisted at that, he didn't like how Sam was used to pain. He felt protective of the younger hunter, and he had an inkling feeling as to why he was feeling that.

But how could that be possible? How can he fall for someone in just weeks of knowing each other?

Stefan didn't want to suffer anymore, first with Kat then with Elena. And if he let it happen it will be the same with Sam. Only he was sure that if anything was to happen to Sam, Stefan wouldn't survive this time. It would be ten times more painful then with his past lovers.

So in order to protect his heart, he had to stay away from Sam, maybe go back to Mystic Falls or go somewhere else.

He just couldn't stay near Sam any longer, it pained him to even think that, but it had to be done. He felt his emotions all over the place, for a minute he considered turning them off, but he was afraid of the harm he could do if he did, he felt like he was bipolar, one minute he was all over Sam and the next he was planning on running far away from him, put as much distance between them as possible.

With his mind made up, he let out a long sad sigh and he stood up, the hunters eyed him curiously, but he avoided looking in their eyes, call him a coward but he didn't want to go through pain for the third time. "I'm going to bed, I think I can sleep now." Stefan murmurs as he went and lay down next to Damon, Dean was going to stay up and he wasn't about to share a bed with Sam, he was already starting to hurt, avoiding Sam, but he was dead set on going through with his decision.

He knew Sam wasn't going to be happy, especially since a few hours ago they been all over each other and now Stefan was just going to walk away. Leaving the hunter behind without an explanation, but hopefully Stefan's love was one sided, he was pretty sure Sam was only feeling attraction towards him but not love, it shouldn't hurt admitting that but it did.

Sam eyed Stefan as he took Dean's spot on their bed, he was kind of hoping that the young vampire would choose the empty bed, so that he could lay with him, he felt disappointed but didn't dare say anything, he heard a small chuckle and he turn to Dean to find his brother looking at him with amusement in his eyes. Sam raise an eyebrow in questioning, and Dean just glance in Stefan's way than back to meet Sam's.

He then gesture to the door with his head and Sam understood, they made it outside silently.

"You like him." Dean broke the silence with that statement.

"Dean,I think what I'm feeling for him is more than like, is...I don't know for sure but it's more than what I ever felt for Jessica or any other girlfriend, this feeling is more intense." Sam didn't want to say the four letter word for fear of jinxing it, or freak the vampire out.

"I know what you mean, that's exactly how I felt with Damon." Sam turn to see his brother and rolled his eyes at the ridiculous sappy smile on Dean's face. Sam wasn't ready to admitt his feelings towards Stefan, he knew it was too soon to name what he was feeling, and he wanted to take it slow, he had to smile when he remember Stefan's whimpers, how softly he moan everytime Sam kiss his spot, behind his ear.

He almost groaned when he felt his shaft growing.

"So, are you going to tell him?" Dean questions.

"No, at least not yet, I don't want to scare him, I want to take it slow." Sam grumbles as he leans on Dean's car.

"Don't wait too long, or he might think you're not interested." Dean pipes and looks around the dark empty spot outside the hotel.

Something didn't seem right, it was too quiet, no crickets chirping, no dogs barking, nothing and it made Dean unease.

"Sammy something is not right." As soon as Dean said that, a rush of wind went by him and then a punch to the jaw, making him stumble back, when Dean regained control he saw Sam struggling to get away from a man, then all of the sudden, someone hit him in the back of the head making him black out.

"Who the fuck are you!?" Sam snarl still struggling to get free.

"I think you already know that, our old friends probably told you everything about us." The one that knock Dean out answer with a cocky smile. "What the hell do you want with them?" Sam bit off angrily.

"Well, we want to kill the Salvatore brothers, and maybe turn you and your brother into vampires, the irony of becoming what you hunt, is just too much to pass." The fucker smirked as he takes a paper and sticks it on the impala's windshield.

"Of course, we won't change you yet, we want the brothers to see us do it,we want them to suffer." He gave Sam a sadistic smile, then he bend down and picked Dean up to throw him over his shoulder as if Dean was a sack of potatoes.

Sam kept struggling until the other vampire knocked him out.

Sam thought about Stefan as darkness took over him.

'I do love Stefan' was all he could think about.