Chapter Three

Q) What do you think should happen in this fic?

MIKE

I came back to Kate's hospital room and found her getting dressed back into normal clothes; I used the McDonalds bag in my hand to cover my eyes making her laugh out loud.

"Ah, has Mikey never seen a girl half naked before?"

I scoff and edge towards my seat still using the food bag as a shield.

"I've seen plenty of half naked bodies; I've even seen a couple of fully naked bodies Kate."

"Wow, Mike I'm proud of you. I'm decent now."

I lower the bag and see Kate dressed in her old clothes, only now in the daylight could I see just how beautiful she really was. Her pastel blue hair fell just below her chest, and her green eyes sparkled as she jumped back up on the bed and sat cross legged facing me. She had amazing legs; those short shorts were doing the right thing. She wore a black crop top with some occult symbols on, and on her ribcage, I noticed a rather big tattoo.

"What made you get a tattoo of your ribcage Kate? It must have been painful."

She shrugged her shoulders and made a grabbing motion with her hands at the bag of food in my hands. I chuckled at her childish behaviour before handing it to.

"I wanted something different. Plus not many people can say they have their ribcage tattooed, I like being unique."

There was no denying how unique she was. We dug into our food in comfortable silence. I intended to keep my promise about not losing touch with Kate after today. We were both broken in our own ways and could fix each other.

"The party has officially arrived, the fun can begin."

Jaime burst through the door making Kate jump and nearly choke on a fry, luckily I was close enough to pat her back.

"Nice Hime, give the girl a heart attack. What are you doing here?"

"Do I need a reason to visit my boo and this lovely lady? Tony and Vic are outside."

Kate visibly tensed at the mention of Vic's name; hopefully, he had sobered up now and remembered his actions from last night. I excused myself only to find Jaime and Kate deep in conversation sharing her fries.

Tony was on his phone while Vic slumped in one of the plastic chairs. Both of them looked at me when I cleared my throat.

"How is she, Mike?"

"She's better Tony, you can go in. I need to speak to my brother."

Tony nodded and shuffled into the hospital room leaving me alone with Vic. I sat down next to him and folded my arms across my chest.

"Do you remember anything about last night, Vic?"

He shook his head.

"I drank a lot and then I went to a club and met a girl. Then I passed out on the bus and woke up in my own bed. You did a good thing saving that girl Mike, but how do you know her?"

That was just perfect; Vic couldn't remember his actions from last night. I knew he was hurting from the breakup with Danielle but I hated seeing him self-destruct, and now he's managed to drag Kate into the mix.

I explained everything and even showed him the Twitter DMs, his face paled as realisation washed over him.

"Shit! I really said that to her. I'm an awful human being. I should just go. She won't want to see me, Mike."

Vic sounded generally guilty about his actions even if he couldn't remember them.

KATE

"Would you like to eat Mike's fry's guys? I mean he was an idiot to leave them and think we weren't going to eat them."