Chapter Four

Liz's POV 

She looked up at me, wide eyed. She looked terrified.

"Hi, I'm Liz. What's your name?" She didn't answer. I reached my hand out for a handshake and she flinched. Oh, that's not good. "Oh man, are you okay?"

"I... I'm sorry," she said before running away, in tears. 

"Well, that could've gone better," I told myself and got up. I threw away the gross school food and went after the girl.

I found her crying in a corner by some stairs.

"Goddammit, she's so cool. Why is she doing this to me to?" She was talking to herself. I felt so bad. 

"Hey, uh, kid?" She looked at me like a deer in the headlights. "Aye, I'm not here to hurt you man," I slowly approached her. I sat next to her and put my hand on her shoulder. 

"I... wh-why?" She looked at me with teary eyes.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm not mean like the rest of the school seems to be. Now, what's your name?"

"I... P-Pierce," she sniffled. 

"Hi Pierce, I'm Liz. Is it okay for me to ask why everyone is so mean to you?" 

"They hate me... because I'm different." I turned my head in confusion. "I... I hate myself... I wanna- I'm transgender." Pierce hid they're face from me.

"So, you're a he?" He nodded. "Wait, that's it? That's why they fucking hurt you? The fuck!" I stood up angrily. "No on should be treated that way because of that! Ooo, I'm gonna knock their faces in." I started jumping around angrily. 

I left to go give people a piece of my damn mind!

Pierce's POV 

She listened... and she got mad at them... this has never happened to me before...

Wait she's gonna go yell at people! 

I jumped up and ran after her.

"Liz," I yelled, grabbing her shoulder. 

"Pierce, it's not okay what they do to you!" I couldn't help but smile when she said my name. "You shouldn't be afraid to be you. I'm not, why should you be?"

"Wait, you're not? What do you mean?" Is she... like me...

"Fam," she put her hand on my shoulder, "I'm hella fucking gay man."

"Oh. Well that's different," I told her. She looked as if she was about to murder me.

"I mean, aren't you gay too though? Like, you're a man and you like dick. Right?" I shook my head. "Oh, so you're into girls?" I shrugged. 

"I've never really, no one ever... I don't know..." I fumbled with my thumbs.

"Awe, you're like an aromantic little babe! That's cute man!" 

Aromantic?