Chapter Nine

I stood up and with all of my anger pushed him to the ground. I bent down to my sword and grabbed it in a quick swipe. I pressed it to his neck.

"Run or die!", I ordered him. "Die.", he chose. I slashed his stomach and held him down until he went limp. Blood poured from his wound and glistebed in the daylight. It was not until then that I realized what I had done.

I murdered a man-an action that went strictly against my religion.

I fell to my knees and put my hands up in prayer. I began to cry and beg God for forgiveness. I was expected to turn the other cheek. I had failed my family and my faith.

I felt a hand brush my shoulder. I expected it to be Augun, who must have come to consciousness, but when I turned around, a tall woman with red flowing hair and peircing blue eyes stood before me.

My mother...

***********
"Please, run.", said my mother. "Why?", I asked her. "They will kill me and take you.", she explained.

"Mother, they have been merciful to me. Why shall they hurt you?", I asked her. "I am Christian. I used to agree with their beliefs...but now...now it is adifferent.", she put her head down and kicked angrily at the dirt.

She huffed and came to a conclusion. "Save this man and tell the other Vikings what we are doing. They shall listen to you."

I nodded. "Stop! Stop it all!", I screeched. Everybody turned and stopped. "Augun is injured. A companion and I will tend to him while you take shelter nearby! Now leave this village and keep everybody unharmed!", I ordered. Immediately, the men began to retreat to a camp that they had soon built.

We dragged Augun's body to a village home. A young woman answered the door, shock written across her face. "Please, may we use this home to tend to his wounds?", we asked.

"I shall not open my home up to a scoundrel from the depths of the underworld! Leave and help him elsewhere!", she demanded as she waved is away.

"But please!", I pleaded but she only shook her head.

"Is this not what our Savior would want us to do?", I asked. She froze and looked at me angrily. "Come in.", she huffed, cross.

"Thankyou, miss"

A/N: Sorry for the people who want faster updates! I'm trying! I'm just REALLY busy!!!!!!!! I will try my hardest to update faster but if I don't at times, please forgive me. You guys are the best!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a great day or night!! And don't forget, DREAM AND REACH FOR THE STARS!!!!

☄✨🌙⭐️🌟💫💨☁️