Chapter Twenty-Six

"I did not ask Birger to escort you to me. In fact, I would prefer to be alone.", he said to me as he turned around to fiddle with his soft curtains.

"Oh.", I replied.

"Every single man seems to be in love with you now that you are my to be wife. We must devise a plan so this does not happen.", I looked at the shut door behind me and asked "Why must you worry? All that Birger had done was insult me on the way here."

"That always means that he fancies you.", replied Augun in an irritated voice.

"It is different were I am from", my vision faltered to my feet in a saddened matter.

"Well you are not there anymore."

He brought his fingers to his chin.
"You," he began, "will go to battle without training."

"But I will die!"

"That will not happen. I am leading the army. You will follow me by my side."

"That will not work!", I began to sweat in a nervous panic.

"Then you may marry me!"

"I will not do so! I will take my chances!", I screamed.

A smirk crossed Augun's lips. "Then it is settled."

"Yes, I suppose it is. Now of you will excuse me, I have somewhere I must be.", Augun put his hand on my shoulder. "And where is that?"

"Training, of course!"

He let go of me and let me leave without another word. I traveled down the steps and to the courtyard. "Where is Dargess?", asked our leader after a few minutes of training. "He is-", almost as if in que, he walked in and cleared his throat.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!