Chapter Sixteen

"What do you enjoy doing most?", he asked while rubbing his chin.

"I enjoy sword fighting and archery.", I replied hesitantly.

"What do you least enjoy doing?", he asked once more.

"I cannot kill people. Seeing somebody die is worse than living with...well, you.", I joked.

"Hmmm...", he uttered as he tapped his chin with his fingers.

"Here is your deal, you may become a shieldmaiden, complete the training successfully, and defeat our enemie's Jarl, or, you may marry me, or you may do both.", he said nonchalantly.

"I cannot defeat your enemie's Jarl! I will die!", I screamed.

"You will not die. I will see to that!", he said as he puffed out his chest in pride.

"How can you be so sure?",  I moved closer to him, staring deeply into his eyes.

"Let us just say that we have a certain magic between us.", he said slowly as if trying to make it sound romantic.

I gagged at that and nearly walked out of the room until Augun coughed, catching my attention and making me turn around.

"Challenge, accepted.", I was serious as I said those words but inside I dreaded those words most.

**********************
     I suited myself into my armor as I let out a long sigh.

"I am never going to be able to do this.", I whispered to myself.

"Then you should not have accepted the challenge.", said a voice.

"When did you come here?", I asked, clearly befuddled.

"That is something that you do not need to know.", he moved his hand to my shoulder armor, shaking it to check its security.

"I see that you know how to suit yourself with armor.", he explained.

"I have done it all of my life.", I replied blandly.

"Oh. I see. Does that contribute to your stubborness.", he looked at my hard facial expression but turned away from me before I could.

"Oh, on the contrary. My stubborness contributes to my physical strength.", I tapped my arms sarcastically as if trying to show him my muscles.

He snickered at that. "Do you not have a training class to get to?", he asked harshly.

"I know. Do not think that I enjoy talking to you?", I insulted.

I turned away from him and began walking out of the door.

This is going to be a long day.

A/N:  I know it's a short chapter. Sorry. Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!