Chapter Seven

The trip was long and tiring but we had finally made it to Scotland once more. The trip took much less time than my previous trip because the drift patterns had changed because we had a faster and more efficient ship.

The days had been akward and long but I had finally gotten through them. I smiled at the sand beneath my feet.

Home.

I held back the tears that threatened to show themselves. I could finally see my family. "Videre!", ordered Augun. Onward!

I followed him with the other men that trailed behind. I hoped that I could stay as far away from Dargess as possible. I don't know what he did to make me angry, but I felt suspicious. His place in this group of rowdy Vikings felt like a lie.

He seemed cross with me as well, and maybe for the same reasons. I just felt as though staying away from him was the safest thing to do.

"Lagertha.", called Augun.

"Come.", he motioned for me to come through the crowd and stand with him. I did as he said and he put a hand in front of him, silencing the men.

"Vi vil ødelegge deres hjem, landsbyer og familier før de forteller oss hvor de skjuler sine skatter . Vi trenger å endre sine holdninger , og hvis de nekter , drepe dem .", he announced. We will destroy their homes, villages and families until they tell us where they hide their treasures . We need to change their attitudes, and if they refuse , kill them.

My mouth gaped open. "No.", I mumbled to myself. "What?", asked Augun harshly. "No.", I repeated. "Well what do you suppose we do then?", he glared at me angrily. "Mend the bond between my people and yours. Then they will willingly give you their goods once you show that you can be trusted."

"How do you know so?", asked Augun.

"God."

"Not this again. You are a Viking now. Your God does not matter to you anymore. You beleive as we beleive.", he ordered. "No. I am not a Viking. I am still a child of God."

"Your mother was a Viking!", yelled Augun. "That should not mean that I must be one too! You...you....I trusted you. I thought that you would understand. I guess that I was wrong.", I turned around and started to walk away. "Do not walk away!"

"Why should I not?", I asked angrily. "You are mine. I own you! I tell you what to do!", screamed Augun. I saw Dargess turn his head and look at us. He had heard it all.

I gripped the handle of my sword hard, ready to strike at Augun if I had to. Dargess walked towards me and picked me up by the waste, dragging me away as I kicked and screamed. "What do you think you were doing? You could have gotten yourself killed!", said Dargess.

"He does not own me."

"Well, he thinks differently. If you had the wits that you were born with, you would not defy him.", he set me down. "Excuse me?", I turned my head angrily to him. "Yes! I said it! You need to think before you say something! If you had a sense of danger you would not do such things!", his eyes were narrowed and filled with anger.

"You are done scaring me. You could not hurt me even if you tried!", he sneered.

"And why is that?"

"You love me. Do not deny it.", he said.

My face went blank. Before I could think, I slapped him. The whole crowd turned and looked at me and then Dargess in shock. I stomped away angrily, heading away from Augun and his men.

I had had enough of this. Even if Augun did not let me leave, I could try. Nobody was as angry as I was at this moment. I was scared, hurt, and upset. No criminal nor Viking would dare stop me now.

A/N: Wooh! It got heated up in here! Poor Lagertha! I can't imagine that I would do any differently than she did in her situation.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!