Chapter Four

A lot of hard thinking was being done as I continued to un-tack Duke. Dargess had left immediately after he kissed me.

I could not think why he would possibly fancy me. Even if I fancied him back, which I am not quite sure of yet, I would never be aloud to be with him.

Also, considering that I would probably soon die in battle, due to Augun's most likely faulty security, our time together would be brief.

I decided to stay well away from Dargess for as long as I could. It would save us from the akward situation that we will eventually have to deal with.

I was snapped from my thoughts when Augun called my name. "Coming!", I yelled.

I slowly left the stables, a sad look on my face. "What is wrong?", asked Augun in a concerning tone. "Nothing. I am fine."

"Good.", he replied.

"We shall set sail very soon. We will spend one more day here."

************

As the sun went down I couldn't help but wonder where I would sleep. Preferably, I would sleep in the stable with Duke. I know that it sound very odd, but I would love to spend some time with Duke. After all, he was my horse.

"Augun, where will I sleep tonight?", I asked as I stacked our supplies in a bag of deer hide. "Oh, in the trees or in a boat. Where do you think?"

Glamcing back at the stables, I replied "In the stall, with Duke."

A bewildered look crossed his face. "I was referring to me."

"I know. It is just that Duke is my horse and I would like to spend as much time with him as possible."

"No. You are a lady. I refuse.", he pouted.

I spat into my hand and held it out for him to shake. "Am I? Am I really a lady? We both know that is not the truth."

"Alright. But only once.", he spat into his hand and shook mine to ensure this a deal.

"Thankyou.", I finished what I was doing and immediately headed over to the stables. "Hey Duke! Hey boy!", I said as I gently patted his muzzle.

Opening the stall door, I hopped onto Duke and spread my self over his back. "You are rather comfortable, despite your pointy backbone,", I exclaimed.

*************
     The night passed and sorrow filled me. The land that I now knew so well, was going to disappear before my very eyes.

"Lagertha! We must leave!", Augun yelled from the front of the stables.

I slid off of Duke and gave him a slight kiss before leaving, glancing back at Duke for the last time in what would seem like a million years.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!