Chapter 33- Rain

Rain’s pov.

I wake up in a new bed and begin to panic before I remember the events of the previous night. How I was saved by Noah then taken here where I was questioned. All of that junk leading up to the pain. Then something ripped through my shirt and I collapsed. Now that I mention it, there's an unknown weight on my back. Patting it, I'm surprised to feel a feathery mass below my fingers.

What the heck?

I dart out of the bed and look for a mirror. Looking at my reflection, I'm shocked to see that, sure enough, two massive black wings are sprouting from my back.

Holy crap. I've gone bird.

I run to the room where I was before I passed out, the living room probably, and find Soal pacing the room with the same problem. Only difference is, her wings are silver.

"Rain. Oh god. You too?"

I nod.

"What's happening to us?" She asks.

"Look, guys calm down. There's something I have to tell you. Don't freak out, ok. I think, no I'm actually pretty positive, that Rain is my little brother. You see, when mom got pregnant the second time, I was told that she was having triplets. I don't know what happened, she didn't specify, but something happened to you and probably this Isis chick and you two never made it home." He shifts nervously in his seat, waiting for our response.

"Well this is quite an interesting day," I start. "First, I grow frikkin wings. Then, I find out that I have a sister and two brothers? What else is new?"

"Well, me and the guys were talking about it and we think that you and Rain meeting triggered a power change in you, possibly Isis, too. This means there could be another bird kid going around."

I sigh.

"I need to just forget about all of this right now."

Noah smiles. 

"Go get dressed. We're going out."

"Where?"

"Amusement park. Where else? I'll go wake up the guys. Rain, you look relatively my size. I'll see if I can find you something."

And with that, Rain follows Noah to the bedrooms, leaving me with my thoughts.