Chapter 18- Noah

Noah's pov

"NOAH! PIZZA'S HERE!" Soal's voice travels from the front door.

I go to get the money when I hear a shriek of pure pain.

"SOAL?!?" I run to the sound of her scream and find a blood stain on the floor.

"SOAL WHERE ARE YOU?"

By now all the guys had joined me and Alex was examining the blood stain.

"Let's see what I can do with this."

He mutters some Latin words under his breath and his eyes go white and I hold my breath in anticipation.

Finally, his eyes go back to normal and he sighs.

"Whoever took her is a magician. He blocked all spells tracking his and her DNA."

I stomp in frustration and run out the door. I just keep running, keeping my eye out for a flash of black hair or green eyes.

Suddenly I see something that catches my eye.

"Hey guys look at this." I call out.

"What is it?"

"It's the real pizza guy. Or his body, at least. Looks like his head was bitten off."

Alex and I share a look and he nods in understanding.

Walking over to the body, he uses the same spell and this time, he smiles.

"There's still a little of this guy's blood on the captor's teeth. I can track him."

He mutters some words under his breath and his eyes, once again go white.

"Got 'em. They're traveling east. They're stopped in an alley a couple blocks away." He takes some of the blood into a potion bottle and then throws it up into the air where it disappears.

"Let's go."

Minutes later

"Turn left here."

We turn into a dark alley and sneak around until we see a sight that makes my heart drop.

We against the wall, our dark clothing providing a decent camouflage.

A bleeding Soal is lying on the floor while some sickly pale man is getting bandages out of his bag. There is a tall Haitian guy leaning on the dead end part of the wall.

"Come on man. Let's go. They have Alex. You know full well he'll be able to track you sooner or later."

"Yeah. I know. He's powerful. I'm so proud of him. But I can't let her bleed out."

The Haitian tilts back his head in exasperation. Suddenly, his eyes, bright white in the darkness, dart towards us.

"Daniel. Pick her up now. We have to go. They're here."

"The pale guy, Daniel quickly puts away the bandages and picks up Soal's unconscious body as I charge towards him.

"Hurry up, Nathaniel! Teleport us!"

Nathaniel takes Daniel's hand and they disappear in a cloud of smoke.

"No!" I hit the wall and rest my head against it. I was too late.

"It's alright man. I can track them. Teleporting doesn't mean you fall of the grid."

"Where to now?"

"Death Valley