♡11♡ Fire and Ice

I want to remind everyone that I will be using a quote by Misaki Ayuzawa of Maid-Sama in this chapter. 

"Why do I feel lonely when you leave me? Why are you the only one causing me so much confusion?"

Also, a certain line by wmack99...

"Hope was a bright star in a hopelessly dark universe." 

Words in italic are internal thoughts of the character or highlights.

LET'S START! 
...............................

Tomoe's POV
All of a sudden, the clouds broke into a deluge of whirling snow. I gazed at the untouched snow in front of me as it swirled around my head. The shrubs and trees were stained with white, the ground was smooth and snowflakes fell like icing powder. 

This is strange... It is not yet the right season, why did it snow? What's the reason behind all of this? 

Thousands of questions had flooded my mind, but their importance all faded as soon as I spotted Ayasha. I immediately flew towards her direction. The moment I had her in my arms, I held her tightly... I never wanted to let her go.

"I am sorry Ayasha. I am sorry for everything." I whispered softly. 

"Move out of my sight!" She pushed me away from her, leaving me frozen in shock. 

She looked at me like the blue fire in her eyes had been dowsed with ice water. I'm not used to it, it unnerves me. I wanted her to give freely like she always does, but she won't. I felt as if she crawled inside some invisible shell. No matter how hard I try, she's unreachable. 

"Stop staring at me! I said move out!" Her usual sweet voice turned dark.

"Who are you? You are not Ayasha, give her back!"

"Oh yes, you are right, I am not your beloved Ayasha because Miyuki and I will be one."

"What Miyuki? What are you saying?" My face contorted into an angry expression. 

"Can't you understand fox that your goddess was not only bestowed with the land god mark? She is the goddess of ice as well. But soon, she will be mine in body and soul. I, Yuki Onna, will be the most powerful being in this world!" 

Yuki Onna, the snow ghost. For all the possible people that she could prey on, why does it have to be Ayasha?

"Tomoe, I am sorry. Leave me, please don't hurt yourself." Ayasha went back to her senses, but was immediately consumed by the darkness.

"Ayasha, no! Where are you? I will save you no matter what!"

"Oh, how sweet. But then, I shall end this drama." 

Ayasha's POV
I was trapped here in eternal darkness with no way out. There were no clues as to how I ever got in here. I tried to search for something, anything that could possibly help, but there was none. There was no window, no door. Blackness was absolute, not a trace of light anywhere. My breathing was steady, my mind was still focused. If there was a way out, I believe it was just the matter of thinking clearly until I find it. 

Tomoe's POV
"SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU BITCH!" I charged her in full speed with my fox fire. 

"Burn me if you want, hurt me if you desire. Remember, this is the body of your beloved goddess. You'll never retrieve her. I am the only one who knew how, but I will never tell." She started to laugh evilly, trying to mock me. 

"You witch! Tell me, what do you need? I'll give whatever you want even it will cost my own life, just give her back!" My eyes were closing into slits, hands closed into fists.

"I don't need anything, and you can't do anything."

This is my fault. I have to find a way to bring her back. Her depressing state enabled Yuki Onna to take over her body. She possessed  Ayasha, what could I possibly do? Think, think!

....................................

.............................

.....................

..............

.......

"What will you do fox, your time is running out. When the sun has risen, we will become one. You lost fox, this is the end of the road for the both of you."

"Really? How can say? She is mine now!" I slammed my lips to her, trying to awaken Ayasha. 

Yuki Onna left her body in defeat. "But, how? How did you found out? You sly fox! No! No! NOOOOOOO!"

"This is the end of the road for you." I smirked as I catch Ayasha's frail body. 

Ayasha's POV
I felt like I was drowning, and there was no hope of being saved. The blackness of my memories started to spread through my mind, clouding my thoughts and taking me back to places I never wanted to revisit. I pressed my hands to my ears, trying to block out the screams, but it doesn't work. They only grew louder and louder. I just want them to go away. 

Just when I thought all hope was lost, I heard Tomoe's voice calling my name. It was like a ray of light in the darkness of my past. It guided me back to reality. I felt him taking my hands in his, pulling me into his arms. The screams died down, he told me everything was fine. He was my anchor, he gave me hope when darkness creeps in.

Hope was a bright star in a hopelessly dark universe...

"T-omoe?" I muttered weakly. 

He entrapped me immediately into a tight hug. "I am glad you are back! Did something happen to you? Are you hurt? I am sorry for everything!"

"I am fine Tomoe, don't worry." I smiled as I wipe the flowing tears on his cheeks.

The loving and caring Tomoe that I saw behind his tough facade surprised me.

"In my heart, I retracted all the bad things that I have ever said. They were never a reflection of you, only on my inner demons. I can't undo everything, but I can make things right. All I can do is try, just please give me another chance."  He held my hands tightly and kissed it. 

I rested my head on his chest."I don't know now. Why do I feel lonely when you leave me? Why are you the only one causing me so much confusion? The world is empty without you. Sometimes I fear you are really gone. Any way to hear you is good enough for me, some conformation that you're hanging on there. We chose this, we chose to separate for the good. You know, it hurts. It hurts me so much. I wish we could be together, always together. I am lost without you, so lost. This must be what it means to be two halves. Only with unity are we whole, only with unity are we found."

Tomoe's POV
"I as well. I wonder if you have ever realize how confused you made me feel. My mind usually say, I don't care for a lame human girl like you. But my heart persuades that you are someone of great importance to me. "

"I am glad you came, so glad. I love you Tomoe" She snuggled on my chest as she close her eyes.

My heart skipped a beat by those words. She loves me? I don't deserve her, she is too pure to be corrupted by a boorish yokai like me. 

Do I love her? This is the question that I can't answer. So simple, yet it caused me to be a mess of unfinished thoughts. 

😭😭😭😭
I just want to remind everyone that from this day forth, updates will be a lot slower since I have to study for the upcoming entrance exam in a certain university that I will take. I really apologize for this, but I would still try my best to find some time to continue writing the following chapters...