♡14♡ Awakening

Thank you for your constant support and I am already feeling well! I'm delighted that I can write another chapter :)))

Ayasha's POV

I was stuck in the same spiral staircase again, stuck in utter darkness. No matter how many times I tried, I kept on going back to the same spot. After countless attempts I made, I had finally chosen the wiser way - to stand still under that night and wait for this nightmare to be over. I took a few deep breaths, trying to make myself comfortable while I contemplate on Nightmare's words.

"My little dreamer, I want you to stay because I love you and you are mine. My real self is stupid, that's why I am here to love you, to tell you and show you how much you mean to me. I am your beloved Tomoe's inner thoughts. I am the side of Tomoe that he never shows."

.............................................
.......................................
................................
..........................
....................

"Now, I get it! I am so stupid to realize it just now! So that's just what I need to do to escape here. B-but that's embarrassing!" My whole face turned a dark shade of red, even through darkness, it was as clear as day.

A pair of arms was felt around my waist, sending shivers down my spine. Without turning back, I knew it was Nightmare. He spoke huskily into my ear. "What's wrong my Miyuki? Why are you so nervous? Have you fallen for me?"

"T-tomoe I-" I turned around, our noses touching, and our lips were merely centimeters apart. Slowly, I leaned towards his lips. The kiss was short, yet passionate.

I could see that his eyes widen in disbelief. "W-hat are you d-doing?"

"You told me that you are the side that Tomoe never shows, and you told me that I mean so much to you. After all, all you need was just my answer in order to set me free from this. I am sorry if it took me so long to realize. Tomoe, I love you!" I smiled at him.

A few feet from right, a door opened, flashing a bright light on my face. He moved his lips across my jaw until he reached my ear. "I am glad you figured it out. Congratulations, Miyuki! You can now go back to the real world."

"Thank you so much! I'll miss you, and I will surely tell him about how I feel. Good bye!" As I stepped into the light, I knew I was being pulled away from the dream word. Alas, I am back to where I belong!

Tomoe's POV

Before all of my hopes was lost, Ayasha slowly opened her eyes. She is finally awake, but before I can make a move, the tengu pushed me away.

"Ayasha, I was sooo worried!" He squeezed her into a tight hug, as if his life is depended on it.

"K-kurama too tight!"

The stupid tengu acted dramatically. "Ah, gomen! Ne, what happened to you? How are you feeling? Do you need anything? I feel like dying since I haven't heard your melodic voice for a week."

"Sorry for worrying you, but am I really out for a week?" She tilted her head in confusion.

I finally spoke. "Exactly, you've been unconscious for 7 days. Can you tell us something or anything that you know about this?"

She looked down, clutching her bed sheets. "Ano, I've been trapped in a dream world. Basically, I need to find things out in order to travel back to this dimension."

Dream world? Find things out? What exactly? I am curious, but I know I can't interrogate too much.

"Huh? Dream world?" Kurama questioned.

She gave us a weak smile. "I know you won't believe, but that's apparently the situation that I was in."

Something is wrong, I wonder if something happened to her there? She's not telling us, but I really want to know. Who caused her to be sent to the dream world?

"Since you haven't eaten anything for a long period of time, I'll prepare your dinner." When I was about to leave, I felt a hand gripping on my sleeves.

I looked down and I saw a sight that I've never expected. She looked at me with wide desperate eyes and pink tinted cheeks. "T-tomoe, wait! I need to tell you something..."

Why am I feeling nervous about this?

"If you wish, milady." I tried to stay calm, keeping my composure.

"I am really sorry Kurama, but can you please excuse the both of us for a while?"

Just the two us?

"U-h, okay." He looked hesitant, but soon complied.

"Arigato!"

Kurama's POV

As I close the door, leaving the two behind, I feel like everything is already over. I had been defeated... Indeed, I am a loser. He was the lucky one who got her heart, it was him who caused my very soul to be shattered into millions of pieces that no mortals can repair. Come to think of it, I am just a big brother who's supposed to be happy whenever she is. Maybe seeing things that way is enough. What more can I ask if the heavens arranged it this way? Despite that, she turned me into a pathetic sensational heartthrob who can't steal her heart away. Might not be loved, but my heart is still forever hers. Though she made my life miserable, she is too special to let go, too hard to forget. At the end, each broken part of my heart misses her as a whole...

😹😹😹😹
I feel so sad for Kurama ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚ Anyway, I am sorry my kittens, but my next update will be the last chapter of this fan fic. I promise I'll do my best to make the ending good! I was honestly discouraged to write more since I feel like no body is reading it >.<

Janell °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°