Prom

LACEYS POV

I slip on my dress I had bought with Delilah the other day. It was a red high-lo dress. I was in complete love with this dress. My hair was curled in perfect ringlets and I had my makeup on perfectly. I slip on these black heels and as soon as I do I hear a ring at my doorbell. I scurried downstairs to open the door. There I see Jimmie in a nice tux.

"Who's this?" A sharp feminine voice asks from behind me.

"Mom, this is Jimmie." I say as I turn around to face her.

"Nice to meet you Jimmie." My mother says.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs.Bennett."Jimmie says to my mom.

"Well we better get going. Love you." I call as I take Jimmie's hand and run out the door.

"Well aren't you in a hurry." Jimmie laughs.

"Ya to get away from my mother." I groan. Jimmie laughs as we get in his car and drive off to the prom.

*

We enter the prom to see pretty much our whole school. Some people were dancing and some were getting there pictures taking or some were shoving there face with food. Jimmie and I began walking over to Margo who was standing by the bleachers in a Gothic black dress.

"Hey Margo." I say to her.

"Hey Lacey. Hey Jimmie." She says as she continues to scan the room.

"Hey girl!" Delilah says as she comes up from behind me with Will on her arm.

"Hey Delilah! Hey Will." I say with a smile.

"Uh hi. Delilah I think I'm going to go see Harry." Will says.

"Ok have fun I'll be right there." Delilah says to Will as he scurried off.

"What was his probelm?" I ask Delilah.

"He doesn't feel comfortable talking to you because well Harry is his best friend." Delilah explains.

"Oh." Was all I said.

"Ya I explained to him what you said to me and he believed you and even tried to tell Harry but he wont listen." Delilah assured. I nod my head and politely smile but I hurt. I miss him.

*

30 minutes later and me and Jimmie were just casually talking. I look across the crowded gymnasium and the first thing I see was Harry and Rebecca. They were dancing out on the dance floor. Rebecca looked like she was having the time of her life while Harry looked creeped out. I then watch Rebecca move closer to Harry and place her lips onto his. My eyes began to water as my vision becomes blurry. I watch as Harry pulls back, stunned. I watch Harry talk to Rebecca but what there expressions were like it was almost like they were yelling. A slight tear slips out as I watch the madness unfold. I need Harry back.

HARRYS POV

Dumb.

I was dumb enought to ask Rebecca to go to prom with me. I don't like Rebecca. I never liked Rebecca like that but I needed to move on from Lacey and I picked Rebecca to do that with. Turns out it only made me miss Lacey more.I kept stealing glances at her. She looked truly beautiful tonight but she was with another guy.She got over me that fast. Oh ya she never even loved me. I was a game and now she can be with any guy she truly likes. I was now dancing with Rebecca because that's what she demanded we do. I was uncomfortable and wanted to be in Laceys arms not Rebeccas. Rebecca was happy as we dance but just as the song was about to end Rebecca leaned in and placed her lips on mine. I quickly responded by pulling away from her.

"What the heck Rebecca!" I snap.

"What Harry I like you!" She yells.

"Well I DONT like you!" I yell. Her eyes glaze over as she stops yelling.

"Go away Harry." She demands.

"Fine." I huff as I march over by the door ready to leave, but the sound of somebody taping on a microphone stopped me.

LACEYS POV

I watch Harry walk to the door ready to leave but the sound of Jasper tapping on the microphone stopped him.

"Hellllllo everyone! Are you having a good time tonight!" Walker says into the microphone. Everyone yells.

"Good! Now we are about to crown Queen and King of the dance are you ready?" Walker says. People yelled again in excitement.

"Alrighty now Kind of the prom is...

HARRY STYLES!" Walker yells. Everyone was clapping and cheering. I look over at the door to see Harry still standing there. Everyone was looking around for him but his head was down.

"Harry are you here?" Walker asks. At this moment Harry opens up the gym door and runs out. My mind was racing just as much as my heart as I run. I got halfway to the door when the sound of a microphone stopped me. I froze as I look up at Walker.

"I guess Harry isn't here. Well now prom Queen." He says. The crowd roars as I try to step away without attention on me.

"Prom queen is........... LACEY BENNETT!" He yells. All eyes turn to me as it goes silent. There I was. In the middel of what I wanted for so long and the boy I love. My mind is telling me to go on stage but my heart was telling me to go after him. But I couldn't decide what to listen to, my head or my heart. So I went with my feet........ and possibly made the best or worst choice of my life.

I went after him.

AUTHORS NOTE

ohhh cliffhanger... What did u guys think?? Did she make the right choice. what will happen next? This chapter goes out to my 50 husband game girls! you all rock!;) and keep voting fanning and reading!

~olivia