Chapter 19;)

I wonder how much self control it took my dad not to curse us out right now. Usual at home I would of got every word, but being the principal he could get fired. A vien on his forehead looked like it was going to explode, and steamed came out of his ears. Me and the whole football team stood in his office drenched with food. Some how Kenna got out of this. His eyes looked at me and if looks could kill I'm pretty sure I would be dead by now. I gave him a sheepish smile,

"Why!? In the world would you start a food fight?" He announced dumbfounded. All the jocks started to speak at once, there low voices filling the room.

"Well.."

"Uh..." 

"You see..."

"Leprechauns did it."

I couldn't help but snicker at on the last comment, which was a bad idea when my dad's head shot towards me, again killing me with his look. I cringed away and looked at my feet. My dad sighed, and placed his head in his hands. I shuffled my feet waiting for the lecture asking why I can't be like Tori,

"Why can't you just be more like Tori, Rooney? She was the one who came and offered to clean it up." 

Ah there it is, I was kinda of hoping he would of not bring that up considering the rest of the jocks in here. I can feel there eyes borrowing at me, I didn't dare look up to see there reactions, probably agreeing with my dad. I shuffled my feet and looked at the floor,

"I didn't even do anything." I muttered. 

His hand slammed down on the desk, and I jumped. "Don't lie! I caught you! You know Tori, she would never do anything like that. She's so perfect, her parents say she's a big help around the house and she can even get a boyfriend. Maybe if you weren't such a loser, then you can get a boyfriend! Have you ever thought of that!? I don't even know what to say about you!" He yelled at me, and a tear managed to escape, I quickly wiped it away before anyone could notice.

"I'm not Tori! When can you get that through that thick head of yours? I'm not pretty, perfect, and popular like her! I'm not on the cheer team, and I make mistakes. But I'm your daughter! Please daddy, please tell me you love me for me? Please just say you love me anyways." I begged just wanting to know he still cares about me.

My eyes pleaded with him and he just looked at me coldly, "All you are cleaning up this mess at the end of the school day. Also Detention on saturday." 

I stood there shocked, he didn't answer, "Dad, you love me right? You and mom love me right?" I asked quietly just wanting to know if I belonged in my family. My dad looked over at me and sighed,

"Your not Tori." Was all he said, he went back to his computer. I can feel everyones eyes bore into me, waiting for what I was going to do next. I did the one thing I could think of. 

I ran.

I ran out the door and down the hallway, tears breaking out. Flooding over my cheeks, I ran into the nearest bathroom, I slammed the wooden door shut, and slid down it. Placing my head in my hands.

Why did I ask a question that I knew the answer too. Maybe inside I was just hoping for the words I do love you, of course I'm your father. My inner voice argued with myself. My chest heaved and a placed my fist in my mouth to control my sobs. My mind went back when I was little, the first time they replaced me for her.

' "Daddy, Daddy look at me!

I said happily, I had a fairy wand, and a pink tutu on. I was seven years old and just had my first ballet class.  I stood on my tip toes and twirled around,

"Look what I can do daddy and mommy! Look at me twirl!"

I spun around and ended up falling down, scrapping my knee. Silent tears rolled down my check, and I sniffed,

"Oh baby that was so good!" My mom exclaimed at me and ran to my side, my dad followed after her,

"Who knew my little princess was so talented!" He gushed, I sniffed, and began to smiled my mom pulled me into her arms. Giving me one of the mother hugs that I won't have ever again. Tori came over in the same outfit, and she was dancing as perfect as any seven year old. My mom let go of me, and ran to Tori.

"Look at her! She is so good! Oh Roo, why can't you be like her?" My mother asked and my dad agreed.'

Why can't you be like her? They've been using that excuse for ten years now, but yet it still gets to me. The worse part was he had to say that in front of everyone of the Jocks and Tristan, and I doubt they would disagree with him.

There was a light knock on the bathroom door,

"Yes?" I asked if its a girl who has to go, well she can hold it. Right now I have the right to hog the whole bathroom to myself.

"Rooney, come out." Tristan said between the door.

I quickly wiped my cheeks from the stray tears,

"G-go away." 

Instead of listening to me he did the opposite, he walked into the bathroom able to open the door with me blocking it. I gasped,

"This is the girls bathroom get out!" I yelled at him, he waved his hand at me dismissing that,

"Shut up." He sat down next to me and pulled me in his arms. I stiffened, I could feel his lips in my hair,

"You know what? I think your beautiful." He looked at me, and tucked a hair behind my ear, "And absolutely perfect. Tori can't even compare to you." 

Tears spilled over and he pulled me to his chest, letting me soak his shirt with my salty tears. No one, ever has said that too me. He rubbed soothing circles in my back. His comfort made me cry more.

***

After spilling every last of tears I had on Tristan's shirt I felt a lot better. I walked down the hall way with a mop and bucket ready to clean up the mess. I walked in too see all the guys in there already working,

"Hey, Rooney!" Josh yelled over at me his smile blinding me. I waved to him, I walked over and started mopping the floor. I was shocked when arms wrapped around me, I turned to see Josh hugging me. My face flushed, and the jocks all took turn hugging me. Tristan laughed at my face expression.

"U-uh thanks?" I stuttered and they all came over and pat me on the back, Embarrassed I hid my face behind the curtain of my hair. 

I went back to moping, I shrieked when ice cold water dripped down my back. I looked over too see Tristan holding the bucket of water.

"Stop being so shy!"I picked up and soapy sponge and threw it at him,

"Shut up!" I teased back, he laughed and squirted soap at me. I ran and slipped wiping the food off with my shirt. The football guys laughed   and joined in. Everyone spraying and squirting each other. By the time we were all done the cafeteria was shockingly clean, and we were drenched with water and food that we happen to wipe up when we fell. I laughed, maybe, just maybe life isn't so bad.