Chapter 11 :'(

There was a loud ringing in my head. The heavy pressure was gone, and I could breath.    I open my eyes, there was lights everywhere, it was too bright. I turned my head to the side, confused as what is going on. When my eyes focused on it, the wedding band Tristan had. It was sitting next to my hand, my fingers grazed over the cold metal. I placed it in my hand. I clasped my fingers around it, like my life depended on it.

“Tristan...” 

I mumbled, slipping back into the darkness. Where was he? My eyes closed and the image hit me like a bag of brick. The red mess on the black, him not moving. My eyes flew open and I tried to sit up, something or someone pushed me back down.

“Miss stay down please.” My arms stung, and my t-shirt stuck to my back with warm liquid. 

“Tristan!” I screamed, someone gently pushed me back down again,

“Miss stay down, it’s important.”

 I looked up and saw a pair of brown eyes staring at me with concern. It was a strangers face, a stranger willing to help me. He was young, but had a wedding ring on his finger. He was out saving life's, and he has a poor wife at home, so sweet. I listen to the man and I began to let my eyelids droop. I saw him though, across the street, paramedics all over him, yelling.

“There’s no pulse!” 

A older man yelled, he had gray short hair, he was pounding on Tristan chest. They had a oxygen mask on his face. The old mans words hit me, there’s no pulse, there’s no pulse. Tristan is dead. I shot up and manage to get on my feet, I swayed a little bit and almost had my face connect to the concrete.

“Tristan,”I screamed over and over again.

“Don’t leave me! Tristan don’t leave!” I ran to him, but someone’s arms wrapped around my waist and was pulling me away.

“Tristan”

I still screamed, I pounded my fist on the guys arm, trying to have him let go. Tears streamed down my face, as I hopelessly looked at him. I was still screaming his name and pounding on the guy, when I felt a sharp pressure on my arm. My arms felt droopy, I couldn’t lift them anymore. I fought the drug though and Tried to stay awake, still yelling his name. Until I couldn’t fight anymore, I whispered his name one last time and once again everything went black.

***************************************************************************

I remember someone once saying you never know what you have until its gone. 

As I walk down the hallways of the hospital, I realize how true that saying is. For the longest time I thought Tristan, was a arrogant jerk. The week I spent with him though, made me realize how much in love with him I truly was. 

After  the accident I woke up in the hospital, they explained everything to me, how I had road rash all up my back, and arms. Minor head injuries, they told me how lucky I was to have a helmet. That the helmet save my life, but I can’t help think. ‘What if Tristan wore the helmet instead? Would he be okay? They let me out of the hospital saturday, the day of the parade. As we drove by the parade, I saw our float. On the front was a picture of him, with candles and a sign saying the words, ‘Please pray for Tristan and his family’ My eyes watered to that.

Now it’s nearly been a week later, and during that week, I would stay in my room and just mope. But I figured it about time, I face it. 

I walk down the hospital walls, memorizing everything. The kind faces, the hospital guest, the pattern of the chip paint on the walls. I grip the flowers to my chest, crushing them a little as I stand outside the door. I hold my head high, and breath in and out. Telling myself I can do this. I open the door, and the waft of flowers and medicine hit me. Making my nose crinkle, my eyes roamed the room. Full of teddy bears, and get wells cards. They landed by him finally, he was encircled by all kinds of flowers. He was peaceful just lying there.

My eyes water a little, I look to the side and a young women was there sitting in the chair watching me.

“Who are you?”

Her brown eyes were red and swollen. She was dressed in a business suit with a blackberry clipped on the side of her pants.

“I-i’m a friend of Tristans.” I manage to say. She nodded her head understanding,

“Who are you?” I asked,

She had blonde short hair, that cropped her face. She looked no older then twenty.

“My names is Elizabeth, Tristan’s older and only sister.”

She held out for my hand to shake it, and I ran up and hugged her instead.

“Sorry I prefer hugs.” She looked stunned at first then gave me a weak smile.

“I think I’m going to like you, what’s your name?” 

“Rooney, Rooney Austin.” Her brown eyes widen,

“Oh your the oh-so famous Rooney Austin that Tristan talks non-stop about, ever sense school started up.”

I blushed, sense school started? I just got to know about him, this week. Her phone ran and she answered, she gave me a apologizing look and walked out of the room. I turned my attention back to Tristan. He was in a deep coma and the doctors don’t know when he will wake up, or if he will. When we crashed the motorcycle hit a lamp post making him fly off and hitting his head severely on the sidewalk. It cause internal bleeding. They say he would of been fine if he just wore a helmet. I rested the crushed flowers by his side. 

“I’m sorry Tristan, this is all my fault.” 

I choked up and tears streamed down my face. I sat back in the chair by his bed, and drew my knees up to my chest. I placed two fingers up to my lips, reminding me of the time He kissed me, at the ice cream shop. The kissed felt so right, it felt like we were meant to be. My hands went down to my pocket and pulled out the wedding band he had.

It was silver, I held it close to my face spinning it in my two fingers, looking at it closely. I was going to place it back in my pocket when I saw words engraved on the inside. I squinted and looked closer, ‘Lost love is still love.’ I faintly smiled at those words. I got up and placed the wedding band in his hand. I enclosed his fingers around it, and held his hand to my face. I took in the faint sent of him, 

“I love you.” I whispered in his hand and let it drop.

I walked away, every part of me aching for him. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry another very short chapter, I wanted to get some one more chapter in before I leave! I have a new book up please read! and I won't upload again until I get 20 votes ;) so vote away!! haha and become a fan! Also I dedicate this chapter to Alexajordan2, because she commented on everyone of my chapters, and she's my best friend:D