Sweetest Air (Acoustic)

Chapter 7

Sweetest Air (Acoustic)

This Time Next Year

“Just call the damn number already!” Hayley groaned under her breath as she plopped back on my bed, that same evening. “He gave that to you what? Four days ago. You are in the clear if you wanted to call him. It wont sound too needy or anything.”

I looked down at my hands, one was holding the piece of paper with the note and his number on it, while my other hand was holding my cell phone. Both were shaking. “I cant. What if Alex finds out? I…I just cant do it.” I sighed as I set the piece of paper down first in between Hayley and I on the bed, then slowly my cell phone. I couldn’t help, but feel the raw, chest crushing fear, just thinking about Alex finding out that I even have a guys phone number that isn’t my dad. Not like I would ever want his number.

“Just give me the damn piece of paper.” Hayley grumbled as she swiftly snatched the piece of paper up and my phone. “Just sit back, shut up and listen.” Hayley said as she was typing the number on the keypad.

Before I could even utter a word, Hayley already had a smile on her face and was talking. “This is Johnny B right?” There was a pause for a second. I’m assuming he was answering her.

“Well this is Hayley, Andie’s best friend. What is your interest in her?” There was another pause this time, but it was a lot longer. I couldn’t help myself as I got off my bed and started pacing my room. My mouth dropped open at what Hayley was saying next. “Well she is in a shit relationship and I expect you to get in between them and make her yours.” There was a short pause before she bit her lip to hold back a chuckle.

What the hell is he saying?! “Hayley!” I whisper-yelled. I ground my teeth together and started pacing my room again when she waved her hand at me; her way of telling me to shut up.

I need to know what he is saying! From my point of view, it looks like she’s flirting with him. I couldn’t help myself as I felt a rush of jealousy flood through me. I have no right to feel that way since I have Alex; however that doesn’t mean I like him anymore after what he’s done. I’m not ready to admit it out loud, but I can honestly say in my mind that I would much rather be with Johnny B. I hardly know him, but that doesn’t mean that I cant get to know him…Alex is going to get in the way of that. If only there was an easy way to get out of this relationship without me getting hurt physically in the process. Just as I was about to snatch the phone from Hayley, she hung up with a smile on her face.

“What the hell was that?!” I yelled as I snatched my phone from her hands.

“That my dear friend, was the first step in you getting together with Johnny B.” Hayley smiled as she got up off my bed and went straight to my closet. “Now you have to get dressed and go with me to the mall with me.”

“What’s wrong with what I’m already wearing?” I asked as I looked down at my pajama pants and t-shirt. I’ve gone out in this outfit plenty of times on the weekends.

“You are not going out in your pajamas. Now put these on. Its old outside.” Hayley said as she laid a pair of jeans and a dark green long sleeve shirt on my bed. “And put these on with it.” Hayley said as she pulled my boots out of the closet and set them down on the floor in front of me.

“Where exactly are we going?” I asked after I pulled on the clothes that Hayley picked out. “I wasn’t planning on leaving the house today.” I said as I sat down and pulled on my boots.

“I will tell you what we’re doing when we get there.” She said as she started to run my brush through my hair. “I just know that we have to be there in thirty minutes and at the rate that were going, we are going to be late.”