Forgive And Forget

Chapter 4

Forgive And Forget

Miss May I

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I opened the front door to see Alex standing there with an apologetic look on his face.

“I came to apologize to you.” Alex said as he pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. “Can I come in. Please?”

I looked back over my shoulder to see mom still sound asleep on the couch. I don’t know why she didn’t go up to her room when she got off work. “Yeah.” I said as I opened the door a little more so he could get through the little amount of space that I allowed and shut it behind him, not wanting the heat to escape the warm house. “We can go in the kitchen.” I whispered. I don’t want him in my room right now. That seemed too…personal.

It was silent for a moment as we sat down at the dining table, neither of us saying anything. I sure as hell wasn’t going to break the silence first. “Look, Andie I am so sorry. I have no idea what came over me. It’s just…picturing you with someone else, I got jealous. I don’t want someone to take you away from me. I couldn’t handle not being with you. I need you in my life. I swear to you, nothing like that is going to happen ever again! I will never raise a hand to you as long as I live.”

Looking into his eyes, I could see he meant it. No matter how much I didn’t want to let him off the hook this easy, I couldn’t help but forgive him. In my mind it’s the right thing to do, but my heart is yelling at me to push him out of my house and never let him around me again. I slowly nodded my head yes, “I forgive you.” I whispered.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Alex said as he stood up and pulled me into a forceful hug.

I did my best not to wince under the pressure as he squeezed me even tighter. It wouldn’t have hurt if I didn’t have bruises along the whole side of my body. Luckily the mark on my face wasn‘t that noticeable. Plus with a little cover-up, nobody would be able to see a thing…hopefully. “I need to get going.” I said the moment I was free from his grasp. I didn’t want to get him angry again, but I was going to be late.

I saw a glimpse of the usual anger flash in his eyes, before he hid it and cleared his throat before he asked, “could I catch a ride with you and I’ll just leave my car here and get it after school?”

“Sure, but I have to get Hayley.”

“Then I guess we better get going.” Alex said after a brief pause. I’m assuming he was trying to keep his temper under check. I’m just thankful my mom was in the next room, even if she was asleep; he would never try and hit me in front of my mom. He usually doesn’t start showing signs of being mad again so soon.

“Let me put the flowers in a vase before we go. I don’t want them to die.” I said as I pulled down a vase and filled it up with water before I put the flowers in and set it down under the windowsill.

“Perfect.” Alex smiled.

“Thank you for the flowers.” I said after a second.

“No problem.” He smirked as he leaned down to kiss me. It took everything I had not to turn my face away from him.

“Lets get going.” I said as I pulled away from him when he lingered a little too long for my liking. I breathed a silent sigh as I got in the drivers seat and looked through my CD selection, settling on ’Bring Me The Horizon’ knowing Alex didn’t like them, but I was past the point of caring. I needed to listen to music and not his voice. I stopped in front of Hayley’s house and pulled out my phone, sending her a text letting her know that I was waiting for her.