It Never Ends

Chapter 8

It Never Ends

Bring Me The Horizon

“Where were you yesterday?” Alex asked behind me as I was grabbing my books for the last class before I was able to go home and mope some more about who I was and wasn’t aloud to have feelings for.

“I was with Hayley all day. Why?” I asked, turning around so I could look at him.

“Why did you never answer your phone. I tried calling you all day. I figured we could go out for dinner or something.”

What? Alex wanted to take me out to eat. I never thought I would see the day. When did he get out of jail, now that I think about it. Why didn’t he call me like Hayley did. Does he have someone else on the side just like Hayley said? I know for a fact, he isn’t going to like what I was about to say, but it needs to be said. “I want us to have a break.”

It was silent for a moment before he snapped. He gripped onto my arm and led me down a half hallway, ironically enough the light was off, so it would be near impossible for anyone to hear us, but I knew they would be able to hear if anything happens. I flinched even before his hand made contact with the side of my face. “You are not going anywhere. You are mine!” Alex growled, an inch in front of my face.

I gently put my hand over my now throbbing cheek and whispered, “And if I don’t want to be yours?”

Alex took another step closer to me, so I had no choice but to look up at him. “I will make you wish you never left my side.” Alex hit one swift punch in my stomach, before walking away with a new step in his stride.

I doubled over, doing my best to catch my breath when I saw Hayley walk by. “Hayley.” I said as loud as I could, I’m surprised she heard me since I barely heard myself.

“What the fuck?! Where is that son of a bitch! I will go to prison this time.” Hayley yelled, once she saw the obvious red mark on my face and me hardly able to breath, tears streaming down my face.

“Stop. Please. I just need you here, with me right now.” I wheezed, sitting back against the wall.

Hayley sat down next to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulders. “I’m here with you. Can you tell me what’s wrong? What did he do to you?”

I shook my head, crying even harder. I knew I shouldn’t have said anything. I should have just agreed to go to on a stupid date with him. Then this wouldn’t have happened. What the hell was I thinking?!

“Where is your phone?” Hayley asked, not waiting for my reply, patting my front pockets, then reaching into my left, and pulling out my phone, sending a quick text to someone.

“Please tell me you didn’t just text Alex.” I whispered.

Hayley patted my leg and said, “Don’t worry about it. Everything will be taken care of in a few minutes.”

It was silent for a minute before I asked, “What is that supposed to mean?” pulling out of her hold, wiping my eyes and looking at her.

“You will find out soon enough. Don’t worry about it.” Hayley pulled me back into her embrace and ran her hand down the back of my hair, doing her best to soothe me. “Trust me.”

I couldn’t stop myself as another sob ripped through my chest as I put my face in Hayley’s shoulder and wrapped my arms around her waist. What did I ever do to disserve this? I’m not a bad person. I’ve never hurt anyone in my life, now I end up with the worlds worst guy who doesn’t know how to keep his hands to himself.