He's So Fine

Chapter 2

“What’s the matter?” Hayley asked as we sat down at the same lunch table we’ve been sitting at for the past three and a half years.

I looked around, making sure Alex wasn’t here yet and replied, “I’m not allowed to-I have to go.” I said as I got up from the table, leaving my lunch and went out to the hallway outside the cafeteria.

Out of nowhere, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I could tell by the grip that it wasn’t Alex, which I was thankful for. “Are you ok?”

I didn’t recognize the girl who stopped me, but by looking at her, I knew she was genuinely worried. “I’m fine. Thank you. I really do have to get going though.” I took a step back from her and continued my way to the parking lot. I’m cutting my day short. Alex can catch his own ride and I’ll just have to come back for Hayley.

I jumped into my car, ignoring Alex yelling behind me and sped off. I knew I was going to regret it later, but I didn’t care. I wasn’t staying on school property a second longer.

***

I stopped on the side of the road, next to my favorite place; my old fort. Even though its not much of a fort anymore. The trees that were surrounding it were bald in the freezing winter weather of Utah and someone cut down the little bush that used to cover the entrance, but I still loved it no matter what. I pulled out my phone, ignoring all the missed calls and texts from Alex and sent a text to Hayley saying to meet me at the corner store by the school, giving strict instructions to not bring Alex with her.

I set my phone next to me on the fallen tree and pulled my arm out of my coat sleeve. To see if it looked as bad as it still felt. It was a perfect shape of some ones fingers, just as I predicted it would be. I touched the deep purple and blue bruise and hissed under my breath when I felt the instant sting.

I didn’t realize how long I‘ve been sitting there before heard someone say, “What happened to your arm?”

I jumped and quickly put my arm back in my coat and looked up at the male voice. “Nothing.” I whispered as I took in his bleached hair with a little bit of black in the front, framing his face. I couldn’t help but notice his beautiful crystal blue eyes and the monroe piercing on his upper lip.

“I don’t believe you.” The guy said as he sat down on the tree with me. “Who did that to you? It had to of been a guy. The hand print is clearly too big to be female.” He said as he held up his hand in comparison.

“I don’t even know who you are.” I replied as I looked straight ahead.

“I’m Johnny B.” He said with a smile on his face. “Now you know who I am.”

“Clever.” I chuckled. “My name’s Andie…this doesn’t mean I’m going to tell you anything.” I said after a second. My best friend doesn’t even know what’s going on. I picked up my phone from the tree and saw that it was about time to pick up Hayley. “I have to go. Maybe I’ll see you around.”

“Oh, well alright.” Johnny B replied.

I power walked out of my fort and got into my car, making sure to crank the heater. I didn’t realize how cold I was until a violent shiver ran though my body. The closer I got to the corner store next to the school, the more nervous I became. What if Alex followed Hayley, knowing I wouldn’t leave her to walk, especially in this weather. I’m surprised it isn’t snowing yet. I breathed a sigh of relief when I only saw Hayley. “What’s going on? Why’d you skip? And what’s wrong with you and Alex?”

“I cant tell you…I’m sorry. I wish I could so I could confide in you, but I know you’ll flip out.”

Hayley breathed out a sigh and ran her hand through her hair. “I’m going to trust that you will let me know what’s going on when you get your head on straight because I know something is wrong and you feel like you cant tell me for some reason.”

“Sorry.” I whispered. “I promise to let you know…when I can.”

“I love you.” Hayley said as I stopped the car and got out.

“Love you too.” I mumbled as I started back down the road so I could get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super sorry its ooberly short. The next chapter will be longer! Promise! I haven't had internet for the past week, otherwise i would have uploaded A LOT sooner. Let me know what you guys think : )