All It Takes Is Him

Chapter 25  

All It Takes Is Him

Dear Chandelier/Joel Faviere

"How long has be been sleeping for?" Lloyd asked, walking into the room the next day.

Johnny B still has yet to wake up and I have yet to go to sleep. "He hasn't gotten up yet. Shouldn't the sleeping medications worn off yet?" I asked, starting to panic as I looked up at Lloyd.

"He's going to be fine. Look at him. He looks healthier already. Not nearly as pale as yesterday." Lloyd answered as he crouched down next to me so that he was at my sitting level.

I held back my tears the best I could and slowly reached out to grab Johnny B's hand careful not to touch any of the tubes connected to his hand. All I wanted was for him to react to my touch. I want him to open his bright blue eyes and smile at me, say anything.

"Why don't you go home and get some sleep. If he wakes up, I'll call you and let you know immediately."

I was shaking my my head no before he even finished. "I'm not leaving." Nobody could convince me in any way to leave this room. The longest I've left his side was a minute, max to use the bathroom, which was attached to the room.

"Where is Dan?" I asked, trying to clear my mind and get off the topic of a hospitalized Johnny B.

"Oh, he was out getting a few groceries in the house. Some of Johnny B's favorites for when he goes home." Lloyd answered.

I stood up and offered my seat. "You can sit. I've been there all day. I think my butt's gone numb." I added before he could argue with me about it.

I walked over to the window and looked out at the cars coming and leaving the parking lot. It wasn't much of a view, but it was better then staring at the four white walls waiting for Johnny B to wake up. "Do you think he'll wake up today?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know. Hopefully. I miss hearing his jokes." I could hear the laughter in his voice, most likely thinking about something he's said something before.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, looking back over my shoulder for just a second, only to see a grin stretched across his face.

"It was a few years back, Dan Nick, Johnny B and I were all hanging around, listening to music and drinking beer." Lloyd stopped for a second, a chuckle escaped his mouth. "Johnny B thought it would be a great idea to get a hold of a gas container. You know, those red ones that people have for when they run out of gas?"

"Yeah." I answered quickly, wanting to know what was going to happen. I already knew it wasn't going to turn out good.

"Well he poured a bit of it on the ground, lit a match and dropped it into the gas. The flame went up for only a second and went back out. So he had the genius idea to pour a bit more on the ground. When he there was enough on the ground, he lit the math and dropped it on the gas. Once the flame started to go out, he poured more on it. Not thinking. I've never seen anything like this before." Lloyd said, trying to hold back his laughter.

"The fire, trailed up into the tube that you would put into the car and the whole container caught on fire. Not thinking, he threw it behind himself right Into a bush."

"Oh my gosh! He didn't!" I explained, holding back my own laughter. "What happened?"

"We had to rush to get water and put it out. Luckily it didn't spread, we would have been screwed." Lloyd finished the story, wiping tears from his eyes, he was laughing so hard.

I spun around when I heard Johnny B laughing. "That was a good night. I told you guys a little leprechaun tells me to burn things."

"You're awake?!" I exclaimed as I shot over to him. I briefly noticed as Lloyd got out of my way just time time for me to take the spot he was just occupying and sat down in front of him. "Are you ok? Does anything hurt?" I asked as I ran my fingers through my hair, not sure what to do.

"My feelings are hurt that you haven't kissed me yet." He said as he held his arms open for me.

"A-are you sure that's ok? I don't want to hurt you with all these tubes hanging around."

"You won't hurt me."

I slowly took the half step it would take to be completely against the bed. "Are you sure?" I asked quietly.

As his answer, he pulled me down and pressed his lips firmly to mine.

I forgot everything around me. I no longer heard the now quick beeping of the heart monitor, Lloyd was no longer in the room...at least in my head and the doctor who was just walking in, didn't matter to me. He was awake and fine.

"Don't get too worked up with that." The doctor said after he cleared his throat. "Wouldn't want to affect the patient."

I pulled away from Johnny B just in time to see the doctor throw a wink at Lloyd. "Is everything going to be ok?" I asked as I did my best to compose myself and act as if nothing just happened.

"Well you're going to have to stay a few more days so we can keep an eye on you, but everything does look fine. You have nothing to worry about." The doctor said as he looked at the clipboard in his hand.

"So why can't I go home now? I feel fine. Just get me some pain pills for when I'm no longer hooked up to this stuff." Johnny B asked.

The doctor walked over to Johnny B and started to push along his stomach. "Let me know if it hurts."

Just as he got to the side of his belly button, Johnny B hissed in pain. "That hurts right there."

"Nowhere else? That's good." He jotted some stuff down on the paper attached to the clipboard he was holding. "If you need anything, push your nurses button and someone will be here as soon as they can."

"Ok. Thanks." Johnny B said, still grimacing in pain.

"Are you alright? It didn't seem like he showed any remorse at all." Lloyd asked, speaking for the first time in a while.

"I'll be fine." Johnny B said, trying to hold back the pain in his voice.

"I'm going to go down to the kitchen and get some food. Do you want me to grab you anything?" Lloyd asked, looking between Johnny B and I.

"No. I'm fine." I answered at the same time, Johnny B said, " I'll take twice as much as whatever you're getting. I'm starved."

"Got it. If it takes me a while, I got lost." Lloyd chuckled as he shut the door behind himself.

There was a long silence before Johnny B's question got my attention, "What happened to Alex? Is he ok?"

"Uh...no. He died almost instantly." I answered as I lowered myself back into the chair next to the bed.

"Oh. Shit. Andie-"

"No don't say it. Everything happens for a reason right? Maybe this was my way to finally, completely get away from him without having to worry if he is going to come out of nowhere...that sounds cruel." I added after a seconds hesitation.

"You aren't angry at me?" Johnny B asked quietly.

I looked up so I was looking into his eyes as I slowly shook my head no. "I could never be angry at you. You risked your life to save mine and your friends. I am lucky to have you in my life. I'm positive I would still be with him, suffering in an abusive relationship if it wasn't for you. I-I love you."

My heart was in my chest as Johnny B just continued to stare at me. "I mean, I understand if you don't feel the same. I hope it doesn't put a wall between us. I take it back if that'll help."

Johnny B put his pointer over my lips, "Don't ever take that back. Say it again?"

I was stunned for a second before I grabbed his hand that was over my mouth and lined our fingers together. "I love you."

"I've waited so long for you to say those words to me. I love you too Andie. I have for a while."

"Really?" I whispered as I leaned in to him and pressed my lips to his, not giving him the chance to give me an answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I almost made it. It's shortly after midnight here. Let me know what you guys think? There might be only two more chapters left. :/ I'm sad to see it end. Also I would like to thank CaraMcbride for talking to me about my brother. It meant a lot. :) Also if it wasn't for Mamie, this wouldn't even be out yet. ;p