And The Sentence Trails Off

Chapter 22

And The Sentence Trails Off

The Devil Wears Prada

I groaned at the sound of my alarm clock and curled my body into Johnny B trying my hardest to ignore the noise and go back to sleep.

"Andie you have to get up." Johnny B mumbled, still half asleep.

"I don't want to." I sighed as dreamland was already starting to over take me again.

I slowly pried my eyes open when my phone went off, adding to the noise of the alarm clock. "What the fuck." Who the hell is calling me so early in the morning?! "What do you want?" I asked, not bothering to check who it was that was calling me.

"I knew you would still be asleep." I heard Hayley on the other end. "I can hear your alarm clock in the background. Get up and get ready for school."

"No. School is way too overrated. I'm going back to sleep. I'll show up at lunch time or something." I whispered.

"I'll keep calling you until you get up." Hayley warned.

I knew she would do it too. She would call so quickly, back to back that I wouldn't have enough time to even turn my phone off or put it on silent. "Do I really have to?" I whined.

"Yes." Hayley said, a smile clear in her voice.

"No." Johnny B said at the same time.

"I'm siding with Johnny B on this one." I grumbled. Sleep was just around the corner. I could almost see it.

"I will show up at your house. Don't make me do it. You know I will. My mom is getting ready to leave for work right now. I will catch a ride to your house if need be."

Before I could say anything, Johnny B grabbed my phone and started talking. "Hayley, you know you want to go back to sleep. Just convince your mom that you are too tired and won't be able to concentrate on your school work or some shit like that."

There was a brief pause on the other side. I knew her mom wouldn't let her do that, if only her mom was as awesome as mine. "Ok. Then tell her you ate something bad and keep going back to the shitter every five minutes."

I heard laughter on the other line. I knew she was going to go with that excuse. I laid my arm across Johnny B's chest, getting more comfortable. "Thank you Hayley." I said just loud enough for her to hear.

"She said you owe her one." Johnny B said as he set my phone back on the nightstand.

I didn't bother replying as sleep overtook me.

***

Slowly, the sound of a guitar pulled me from my slumber. I sat up and looked at my stereo first thing, thinking it was on. "Nope." I mumbled to myself as I made my way downstairs.

The sight before me, made my jaw drop. Johnny B was sitting on the edge of the couch playing on an acoustic guitar while my mom was eating lunch with a fascinated look on her face, watching him.

What really got my attention was what Johnny B looked like. He had on a pair of black sweat pants, along with a black zip up hoody, but it was only zipped a little exposing his naked chest and a unlit cigarette hanging from his lips.

When the hell did she get home and where did Johnny B get that from? I'm sure we didn't have a guitar. Maybe he kept one in his car or something.

I took the last few steps down the stairs and sat down on the couch across from Johnny B. I couldn't help but notice how at ease he looked. It was like breathing air. Watching him made me feel like there wasn't a care in the world...at least until he stopped playing and my mom sent a look my way.

"And why didn't you go to school today?" She asked, one eyebrow raised.

"I was too tired. You know how much I hate waking up in the mornings." I said, hoping it would be enough.

"Are you sure it has nothing to do with Johnny B staying the night?"

"Yeah." I mumbled quietly. "We went to bed early."

She didn't bother saying anything as she looked between the two of us. I knew that look. She had her he's tilted to the side just a little bit, an eyebrow raised and a little smirk on her face. She was suspicious.

"Mom. Trust me." I said quickly before she opened her mouth and embarrassed me.

"Are you sleeping with my daughter?" She asked, turning to look at Johnny B.

"Mom!" I yelled.

She ignored my cry of outrage, waiting to hear what he had to say. "Only sleeping. You don't have anything to worry about Kendra."

"Alright..." My mom finally breathed, bringing her plate to the kitchen.

"She is so embarrassing." I mumbled into my hands.

I looked up when I heard Johnny B chuckling. "It is not funny. I should have just went to school."

"Yeah you should have!" My mom called from the kitchen.

"I have to get going." Johnny B laughed. "I have to meet up with Lloyd."

"Already? I just got up." I replied as I stood up and walked over to where he is now standing.

"Yeah. We have to settle something. I'll call you later though."

"Alright." I breathed as I kissed him swiftly on the lips. "Talk to you later."

"He's leaving already?" Mom asked, coming from the kitchen.

"Yeah. He has to go do something." I said as I turned to look at her. "Did you really have to do that though?"

"Yes. I'm your mother. I need to know these things."

"You could have just asked me. Privately." I paused for a second before I said, "Where were you last night? I expected you to be here when I got home."

"I uh...had to stay at work late."

"You're lying." I said instantly. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at her expectantly.

"I was on a date with a fellow co-worker. "

"Ooh really? Is he hot? What's he look like? How old is he?" I exclaimed.

"I'm not talking about this with my daughter." She said as he started walking away.

"Please don't tell me you guys are having sex." I said, just wanting to rile her up, following her up the stairs.

"Andie! Enough. I'm going to bed."

I got the satisfaction to see her face a beat red as she closed her bedroom door in my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think?

Personally I thought it was a kind of boring chapter, but at least it's something right?

Sorry if theirs mistakes. I've been having to use my phone and it changes words on me all the time.