Chapter 25 - Everything Is Not What It Seems

It was silence for a few seconds which gave it away that she has but I didn't want to believe it. I heard Demi take a deep breath.

"Yes." She responded. I could hear her sobbing which made me as well.

"Why? You promise?!"

"I know!" She yelled back, "I do things without thinking. Selena, I promise something that I knew I couldn't keep. You're perfect! You're skinny, beautiful, strong and talented. People look up to you and I don't see how you deal with the hate probably because you don't get none. I get hate every minute of everyday! You only notice my cuts! You didn't notice why this is happening to me!"

One she said that it made since. I felt guilty.

"I was there for you every since we was little! I was there when your dad left, I was there threw all your break ups and you still treat me different! I guess everything is not what it seems." She said in a clam voice, "Selena, your either with Taylor or a boy, it's like we keep growing apart. I'm not saying you can't hangout with other people I'm saying if you're happy with them then I don't wanna be friends, because I want you to be happy and I don't want to be the reason you can't hangout with them. I'm sorry Selena, good luck with your career and thanks for letting my dream come true, even though I just technically ruined it."

She hung up but it took it awhile to sink everything in. I drop the phone into my lap with my mouth drop and tears rolling down my face.

"What did she say?" Taylor ask.

I slowly turned and look at her and said everything to Taylor what Demi said to me. It took me a few minutes because I was sobbing really hard.

"Why are you friends with someone like that?" Taylor ask which piss me off but I keep my cool.

"Drop my off at the airport." I demanded.

"What? Why?" Taylor said hatefully.

"Because, this relationship, mine and Demi's, was important to me! I need sometime to myself. If you don't like it go find you another guy to write a song about!" I hissed and felt bad after I said. Taylor went to her bed in the back of the bus. I just stayed seated on the couch. I turned off the TV and laid back on the couch. I told the driver to drop my off the nearest air port and he did. I got my things and bought me a ticket home.

A few hours later...

I walk up to my door and ring the door bell waiting for my to open the door. Mom open the door in shock. I was crying and drop my bags and put my arms around mom and she did the same. Mom started crying as well. Mom always said Demi was always like another child and she is like a sister to me.

"Come on honey." She said I walk in and she pick up my bags and brought them in. I laid down on the couch with my legs bent.

Mom sat down at my feet and patted my leg. "So you heard?" I ask trying to stop crying.

She whip a tear off her face, "Yes, I saw it on the news and I called Dianna to check on her and she didn't know Demi was dealing with self-harming. I'm torn up about it, she was my other daughter and I can't imagine how Dianna feels. Dianna said they're trying to reach Demi but she's ignoring their calls." Mom explained to me.

I wanted to be alone, this is literally to much for me to handle. "I'm going to take a long bath." I said and got up heading to the upstairs bathroom.

Mom got up and followed behind me then started to go into the kitchen. "Alright, go ahead sweetheart. Are you hungry? I can fix you something."

"No, I ate an hour ago or so." I said and headed up stairs.

I ran hot water and put my hair up in a bun then relax in the hot water. What Demi said...is that really how she feels? Did she finally speak the truth? I'm really that bad of a friend? I choose Nick over Demi, I choose Taylor over Demi. Demi and i've been together for 10+ years! I knew Nick only for a few months and the same for Taylor! Damn! I'm so fucking stupid! I can't believe Demi thinks she's fat and ugly and I can't believe she continued to harm herself in every way.

I think she's strong, if she could hide that painful pain with fake smiles, laughs, and whatever then that's pretty strong. Then she had to deal with me and my problems and help me threw it but I didn't help her threw her problems. She's also strong with her voice and multiple things. Demi's right, not everything is what it seems.

I got out of the bath and put on my robe and headed to my room. I threw on sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt and cried myself to sleep with guilt.