Chapter 8

I just wanna start off that I love all of you that have read this and that I would like you to pretty please fan, vote, and comment! Also, I know I have been taking some things from the book but I just want to say that I OWN NOTHING BUT LUCY!! It is all JK Rowlings and Im just putting these things in to make it a true harry potter fanfic. Plus, This is a Super short chappie and I feel horrible for not putting it up sooner but I will upload one more today. Happy Reading!

-Lucymaek

The next morning Harry, Ron and I got followed by whispers all the way around the school. There were 142 staircases in Hogwarts. Some were wide sweeping ones, narrow rickety ones, some that led to different places on Fridays, and some that had vanishing steps in the middle that you had to remember to jump. Everything moved in Hogwarts as it wanted to. Some of the doors would only open if you asked them politely, or if you tickled them in the right place. Also, some of the people in the portraits would go visit each other so you couldn’t count on figuring out where things were by looking at your surroundings.

 Plus, the ghosts would go through a door when you were trying to open it and you would feel like you are being plunged into a bucket of ice cold water. Peeves did not help either, he would throw pieces of chalk at you, drop waste baskets on your head, and do mean things to you while you, especially if you are late to class. Filch, the caretaker was the worst. He would always try to catch students doing things. Like when Harry, Ron, and I were trying to open a door that we didn’t know led to the out of bounds corridor, he yelled at us and we just happened to be saved by Professor Quirrell the scrawny, timid, Defense Against the Dark Arts professor that had the worst stutter. Filch’s cat, Mrs. Norris, patrolled the halls alone and whenever she saw something fishy, she would immediately head to Filch. Soon we found out that there was a lot more to magic than waving your wand and saying a few silly words. It is hard. First, we had to study the stars at midnight every Wednesday; then 3 times a week we went out to the greenhouses with Professor Sprout to study Herbology; but the most boring class of all was History of Magic with Professor Binns, the only ghost teacher at Hogwarts. We also had Professor Flitwick who was our Charms teacher. He was so small he had to stand on a pile of books to see over his desk! But, Professor McGonagall was the strictest of them all. She was defiantly not someone you would want to cross. Only Hermione was able to get her to smile because she knew all of the answers. We had Professor Quirrell, the timid one I was talking about for Defense against the Dark Arts, and then, worst of all, were Snape, where we had double potions with the Slytherins. But otherwise, things were going great. I was getting to know Ron and Hermione really well, and the twins cracked me up everywhere we went. We went to Hagrid’s hut for tea every Friday and everything was going fine… until we got to flying lessons with Madam Hooch. 

We when we got out, there were brooms lying on the ground. “Stick your right hand out over your broom and shout “UP!” OK. one, two, three!” Madam Hooch said impatiently. Harry and I’s brooms shot up into our hands at once, but they were one of the few. Neville’s broom didn’t even move and Hermione’s just rolled over. Madam Hooch told us how to mount our brooms and went up and down the rows of students correcting people’s grips on their brooms. When she got to Malfoy Harry, Ron, and I burst out laughing when Hooch said Malfoy had been doing it wrong for years. When we were told to mount our brooms and fly a few feet into the air before coming down, poor Neville, probably freaking out and not staying calm, rose up, up, up… CRACK! There was a horrible crunching noise. I winced looked away. When I looked back over, Neville was lying face down on the ground. As Hooch was taking him to the Hospital Wing, she turned back to us. “Now, when I take this boy here to the Hospital Wing, I want NONE of you to move a muscle! NONE!” Of course, right as she left, Malfoy took his chance and stole Neville’s Remembrall. Harry looked at him and told him to give it back and when he didn’t, Harry and Malfoy got on their brooms and went up into the air. With everyone looking up at them and Hermione whimpering about getting expelled, we watched as Malfoy and Harry had a showdown on a broom. Malfoy tossed it up into the air and Harry pulled into a dive. He surprisingly caught the Remembrall in his fist landed safely on the ground. At that very moment, McGonagall came outside. My stomach dropped as fast as you could say Quidditch. “Never… in all my time at Hogwarts …” McGonagall said. “How dare you?! You could have broken your neck!” All of the Gryffindors tried to defend Harry, including me. It would be just horrid if I had to lose my twin just after I found him. “B-b-but Professor… It wasn’t his fault!” I stammered. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle looked so smug that Harry had to go follow McGonagall, probably to be expelled. “I hope your happy now.” I said to Malfoy, shooting him the death glare. “He’s probably going to be expelled because of you!” “Well, that’s his problem; it was his choice to follow me anyways.” I glared at him and was quiet throughout the whole rest of the lesson; all of the Gryffindors were.

                                                                        ***

“You’re joking.” Ron and I said in unison, causing us both to look at each other and blush. It was dinner and sure enough, Harry was still going to stay at Hogwarts. He had just gotten done telling Ron, Hermione, and I all about what happened. I had invited Hermione along, with much protest from Ron: “Come on, you know you love her!” I said before dinner. “But she’s so annoying!” He whined. I laughed brought Hermione along to sit with us anyways. It didn’t really make a difference however because she was reading her like, 500 page book- “For a bit of light reading.” as she calls it. Draco came over, being the annoying little twerp he is. I talked for a bit with Hermione ‘cause I really didn’t care what Draco the little daddy’s boy had to say. Probably when Harry told him he wasn’t going to be expelled he would say “Wait till my father hears about this!” And storm off to write to his papa. All I heard of their conversation was “Wizarding Duel”, “I’ll be his second”, and “Midnight”. When Malfoy walked off looking smug, I zoned back in. “Hey, what is a wizarding duel?” Harry and I said at the same time. “Well, I bet you were wondering what a second is too so a second is the person who covers for you if you die,” Ron explained. “And don’t be alarmed about the duel thing; you only die in real duels with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy can do is send sparks at each other.” At this Hermione looked up. “I heard you were having a duel tonight with Malfoy. You really mustn’t go. You will just lose all of the points that I earned!” Gosh, I mean I loved her to death but she really could be a kill-joy sometimes!

Later that night, I decided that I would just stay up in the common room with Hermione reading because I really wanted to hang out with her and talk about stuff. We chatted for a while until Ron came down with Harry while saying “Now, if he tries to stun you, just try and dodge it because I can’t remember how to do any of the other jinxes.” Hermione and I got up and started to follow them before Harry and Ron stopped us. “Please? I really want to come! Plus, I was reading this one book about hexes and things that might help so I know some, but they are kind of minor.” I pleaded. Harry looked at Ron and said, “Maybe she could come, I mean she is my twin.” Ron finally agreed but Hermione couldn’t come. I smiled and walked out with them while Hermione kept arguing about how we shouldn’t go, she really expected better out of me, we could get caught, blah, blah, blah. Hermione followed us out and then when she tried to get back in, she found out that the Fat Lady had gone on a night time visit. She ended up going with us and we were walking around until we heard a noise that Ron thought was Mrs. Norris. “That’s not Mrs. Norris smart ones that’s Neville, on the ground!” I whispered. When we got to the trophy room where we were going to meet Malfoy and Crabbe, they weren’t there yet. A little while later, we heard a voice that wasn’t Neville. We all looked frightened as we realized that the voice was Filch. Malfoy must have tipped Filch off that little git! We walked along and clumsy Neville knocked over a statue and we all broke into a run, where unfortunately we met Peeves a little down the way. After a little annoying conversation with him, we ran down the corridor to a door that was unfortunately locked. Luckily Hermione knew the Alohamora spell and she unlocked the door while we all clambered in. I slowly turned around and let out a little whimper. I was staring into the eyes of a monstrous three headed dog. Oh. This is why this corridor must be forbidden. I thought to myself. No one else had noticed but Neville and he was now tugging on the corner of Harry’s robe. When he finally looked, his eyes widened and he started to fumble with the latch on the door. By this time Ron and Hermione had found out about the dog also. While Harry was fumbling with the latch, I saw that there was a trap door on the ground under the dog. Hm… Oh. My. Gosh. That’s where the package is hidden! We sprinted back to the common room and got in. While we were all holding the stitches in our chests, Hermione sputtered, “That dog was standing on a door! I wonder what it could be hiding.” Well apparently I wasn’t the only one thinking that. “I think I have an idea but I’m way too tired to tell you guys so I guess I will just tell you later.” I said. And with that I walked upstairs and fell asleep right as I fell onto my pillow.