Chapter 13

The next day Harry told me about what had happened with Dumbledore and how he had told Harry not to go looking for the mirror and how it was going to be moved to another place. He told me he wasn’t going to look for it again. I got slightly annoyed when he told me this because I had been telling him that since we found the mirror and that it took Dumbledore telling him not to look for it to convince him.

Hermione had been bugging us a.) Because she couldn’t believe we snuck out and b.) She couldn’t believe we still didn’t find Nicolas Flamel. Harry’s Quidditch practices had started and Oliver was working the team harder than ever. He was having nightmares and I often stayed up in the common room with him talking it over with him. But with Quidditch practice he was usually tired out so he was getting them less.

Later that night I sat curled up on the couch reading a book while Ron and Hermione were sitting on the floor playing wizard’s chess. Chess was the only thing Hermione ever lost at so we thought it was good for her to play Ron. Harry walked in and his face was so pale he could pass as a ghost. “What’s wro” I started to say. “Shhhh I need to concentrate on this… What’s wrong with you?” Ron said as he looked up and saw Harry’s face. He quietly told us about how Snape had suddenly decided to be the Quidditch referee.

Ron and Hermione immediately told Harry how he shouldn’t be play, just because Snape was playing.

“You guys,” I said. “Harry has to play. They don’t have a backup Seeker. If he doesn’t play, then it automatically forfeits Gryffindor from the match.” I told the pair.

At that moment, Neville fell into the common room. His legs had obviously been locked with the leg locker curse. Hermione and I ran over to him while Harry and Ron were rolling on the floor laughing. Hermione performed the counter curse and I pulled him up. 

“Neville, what happened to you?” I asked as I lead him over to the couch. “Malfoy happened. I ran into him outside the library and he said he had been looking for someone to practice it on.” Neville said shakily.

“Go to professor McGonagall! Report him!” Hermione said. “No, I don’t want any more trouble.” Neville mumbled.

“But Neville! You have to stand up to him!” I told him.

“Yeah, he’s used to walking all over people, but that’s no reason to lie down in front of people and make it easier.”  Ron said to Neville, who was sitting on the couch with an odd look on his face. Harry rummaged around in his pocket for a bit before pulling out the last chocolate frog he had and gave it to Neville. “Yes. Plus, you are worth 12 of Malfoy.” He said. “The Sorting Hat put you in Gryffindor didn’t it? And where is Malfoy? Stupid Slytherin.” I told Neville. He smiled and unwrapped the chocolate frog. “Thanks guys. I think I’m gonna go to bed now. Harry, don’t you collect the cards?” As Neville walked away, Harry looked at the chocolate frog card. “Aw, I got Dumbledore again!” “Harry, isn’t that the first card you every got?” I asked as I leaned over his shoulder to take a look.

“I’ve found him!” Harry said. “I knew I saw his name somewhere, I just couldn’t remember where!”

“Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon’s blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel!” I exclaimed.

Hermione and I looked at each other and jumped up. We ran up to the dorms and I told her, “How could I have missed it?!” Hermione exclaimed.

“I never thought to look in here!” Hermione said as we leaped down the stairs. She sat down on the rug next to Ron and opened the massive book she brought with her. “Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the Sorcerer’s stone!” Hermione said dramatically.

“The what?” Harry and Ron both said. “Honestly, don’t you two read?!” Hermione said. I grabbed the book from her and read:

“The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Sorcerer’s Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. There have been many reports of the Sorcerer’s Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera lover. Mr. Flamel who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle (six hundred and fifty-eight).” I read.

“See? The dog must be guarding Flamel’s Sorcerer’s Stone! I bet he asked Dumbledore to keep him safe for him, because they’re friends and he knew that someone was after it, and that’s why he wanted to the stone moved out of Gringotts!” Hermione said. “A stone that makes gold and stops you from dying, anyone would want that!” Harry replied. “No wonder we couldn’t find Flamel in Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry, he’s not exactly old is he?” I said smirking.

The next day in Defense against the Dark Arts Harry, Ron, and I were talking about what we would do if we had the Sorcerer’s Stone. “I would buy my own Quidditch team,” Ron said. “Oh, I’ve decided I’m going to play in the upcoming Quidditch match.” Harry said. “Good! You shouldn’t be afraid of Snape. Anyways maybe he’s just trying to protect you Harry!” I said. “Rubbish!” Ron said, “Well you never know.” I said.

On the day of the match, Hermione, Ron, and I wished Harry good luck and walked off to find a place in the stands. As we were walking away, I turned around and ran up to Harry. I tackled him in a hug and I said, “Just, be careful okay?” He looked at me and gave me a small smile. “I’ll try.” He said and walked into the changing rooms.

As we walked up to the top of the stands and sat down next to Neville. What Harry did not know was that Ron, Hermione, and I had been practicing the leg locker curse.

“Remember, it’s Locomotor Mortis.” Hermione muttered to us as we were sitting in the stands. “What? Wait, why do you have your wands out?” Neville asked. “Nothing Neville.” I distractedly told him. I was looking up at where Harry was already up in the air and Snape was sitting there up on his broom frowning. He had just awarded Hufflepuff a penalty because George had hit a Bludger at him.

I was watching Harry the whole time while he was up in the air and totally zoned out all conversations around me. At the moment Harry was circling the place like a hawk and went into a particularly deep dive. “COME ON HARRY!!!” I shouted with Hermione. He passed Snape by inches and pulled out of the dive with his hand raised into the air. “Hey you guys! Harry caught the… What happened to you?!” I said. Neville, Ron, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle were on the floor in a tangled up mess. I helped up Ron and Neville and hugged both of them and then hugged Hermione and Pavarti. Hermione, Ron and I swarmed Harry, along with the rest of Gryffindor house swarmed Harry. I smiled and hugged Ron while jumping up and down. Gryffindor was in the lead!

Later on in the common room, Fred and George had gone off to the kitchens to sneak some food. Hermione and I were getting worried because Harry was not back yet but Ron and Neville were proud of themselves because they had beaten up Malfoy and his goons. Harry wanted to talk to us for some reason and so we followed him into an empty class room and told us what he had seen while he was walking to put his broom back in the closet. I spaced out while they were talking about it. If what Harry said was true, there must be tons of enchantments to protect the Sorcerer’s Stone. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers! I'm sorry I havn't uploaded for a while. Don't be mad at me!!! I'm almost done with this book, I have about 4 chapters left! However, I will be writing a sequel! I am thinking it will be in Harry and Lucy's 4th year. I thank you for reading even though most of you have been silent readers.:) I still would like you to vote and comment to show me your support and tell me what I need to change. 

anyways, xoxo Lucymaek!