Chapter 16

I don’t think I would ever figure out how we all got through exams with everything happening. Especially with Harry constantly on edge thinking that Voldemort would come and knock down the door anytime. Hermione and I kept trying to convince Harry that with Dumbledore there Harry could not be harmed.

For the final exams we were all placed in a boiling hot room and were all given special quills with anti-cheating charms on them. We also had the practical exams, where Professor Flitwick made us charm a pineapple to tap dance across his desk, Professor McGonagall mad us turn a mouse into a snuffbox and points were given depending on how pretty the snuffbox was and points were lost if it still had whiskers. I did both exams perfectly in my opinion. Professor Snape’s exam for us was to brew a forgetfulness potion. I made it perfectly, which made Snape look at me thoughtfully as I turned around and walked through the door.

Harry was having more nightmares; except now they included a hooded figure dripping blood which I thought was particularly creepy. Harry’s scare was also hurting even more now, which I thought would make him have troubles on the test and insisted he go to Dumbledore and ask him what was happening, but he refused. Lastly, we had the History of Magic exams. After the hour was finished and Professor Binns and we put down our parchment and quills, I cheered along with the rest of my classmates.

“Well, that was easier than I thought it was going to be.” I said to Harry and Ron as we flooded with the crowd onto the sunny grounds. “Yes, I needn’t have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager.” Hermione said joining us. Hermione always liked to review the questions after exams, but Ron said it made him sick so we walked over and flopped down near a tree. I chuckled and pointed out to Ron how his brothers were tickling the tentacles of the giant squid with their best friend Lee.

He smiled at me and said “Ah, no more studying,” “you could look more cheerful Harry, we’ve got a week before we find out how badly we’ve done, there’s’ no need to worry yet.” Ron said.

Harry rubbed his scar and said wincing “ugh! I wish I knew what this means!” “My scar keeps hurting. It’s happened before, but never as bad as this.” 

“Just go to Madam Pomfrey!” Hermione suggested.

“No, I’m not ill; I think it’s a warning that dangers coming.” Harry said.

“Harry, relax, Hermione’s right, the stone’s safe as long as Dubledore’s around. Anyways, we’ve never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once; he’s not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down.” Ron said exasperatedly. Harry, Hermione and I all agreed on Ron’s theory, but Harry still had a feeling that there was something really important he had forgotten to do. “That’s just the exams talking. I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes when Lucy told me we had already done that one.” Hermione said when Harry tried to tell us this.

Harry looked like he was deep in thought and suddenly jumped up. “Harry, what’s wrong?” I asked.

“We’ve got to go and see Hagrid, now. I just thought of something.” Harry said.

“Why?” Hermione and I said at the same time while we were running down the path trying to keep up with Harry who looked like he was on a mission.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit odd, that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up that just happens to have a dragon egg in his pocket? How many people just wander around with dragon eggs if it’s against wizard law? Lucky they found Hagrid, don’t you think? Why didn’t I see it before?”  Harry rambled.