Chapter 3

<3--------------------------------------vote please!

Disclaimer: I do not own any of J.K. Rowlings wonderful world of Harry Potter. I just own Lucy Potter 

After Harry and I got out from the longest time in our rooms ever, we found it was already summer holidays. Being out of school was fun, but it also didn’t keep Dudley and his stupid friends from participating in Dudley’s favorite sport, “Harry Hunting”. So, Harry and I spent the least possible time in the house to avoid Dudley and his friends. We would go to the park a lot or we would just walk around the neighborhood. When September came, Dudley would be going to a snotty private school, Smeltings. Harry and I would go to the local public school called Stonewall High. Ah, finally, we didn’t have to go to school every day with the fear of stupid Dudley terrorizing the place. One day in July, Petunia took Dudley to get his uniform for Smeltings and Harry and I were left at Mrs. Figg’s house. It turned out that she broke her leg tripping over one of her cats and she didn’t seem to be too fond of them anymore. Harry and I got to have some cake that tasted like it was like, two years old and we also got to watch some TV, which was good because we never get to watch any except when we are left alone at the Dursley’s house. Later on that night, Harry and I were about to burst out laughing when we came home to Dudley parading around the living room with his new Smeltings uniform on. Smeltings boys get to wear maroon colored tailcoats, orange knickerbockers, and ugly flat straw hats called boaters. Harry and I had to run up to my room to stop from rolling on the floor laughing at Dudley’s stupid uniform! Once we got to my room, we started rolling on the floor in a fit of giggles. “ha ha, d-did y-you s-s-see his ha ha uniform!” I sputtered, gasping for breath. “Ha ha! Oh haha! My haha! Gosh ha ha! did  ha ha! You ha ha!  See ha ha! His ha ha! P-p-pants ha ha!” Harry said between laughs. After we collected our self’s we walked back down stairs. “It is very nice Dudley.” I said with a straight face. “Yeah, the orange pants really suit you well.” Harry also commented.

The next morning, when I went down to go to breakfast, I was met with a positively dreadful smell. “Oh my goodness, what is that smell?” I said covering my nose with my brown long sleeve shirt. “I’m dying some of Dudley’s things gray for Stonewall.” Petunia answered, scrunching her nose up in disgust at what looked like rags in grey murky water. I set to work making some pancakes for everybody, with some blue berry, some chocolate chip, and some strawberry. This somewhat covered up the smell, but when Dudley, Vernon, and Harry walked in they all simultaneously scrunched up their noses like Petunia had. When the mail came, Vernon said “Get the mail Dudley”. Dudley said, “make Harry get it.” “Get the mail Harry.” Vernon said from behind his paper. “Make Dudley get it.” Harry said. “Dudley, poke him with your Smelting’s stick.” Vernon said, encouragingly. When Harry dodged it, I got up and said, “Oh, I’ll get it!” and started to walk to the mail slot. Harry followed me and when we got to the slot there was nothing but two letters, both written on what looked like very heavy yellow parchment, with the addresses written in green writing. “What are those?!” I mouthed to him. He just shrugged his shoulders, also probably thinking how weird it was that Harry and I got letters. We never get mail here! We both walked back in the kitchen carrying our letters and right when we walked in Vernon snatched them out of our hands, eyes widening at the address and showing Petunia who’s eyes widened in surprise and looked really pale.  “Out” he said to Harry, Dudley, and I. When the door closed, we all silently fought over who got to listen through the key hole. Unfortunately, since he is about a ton bigger than us, Dudley got the keyhole and me and harry were forced to the bottom. We only heard bits and pieces of what they were saying, but what I heard was “What are we going to do?”… “Two of their kind”… “I thought we could force that out when we decided to take them in”… “Do you think their watching us?”… “Maybe they will give up if we ignore them. That’s what we will do... ignore them.”  The door opened and we all scrambled to our feet. “Dudley, go play your video games. You two, go up to your room. And don’t come out ‘till dinner.” Vernon said. “I wonder what they are talking about.” Harry said when we were sitting in our room later on. I nodded and said “I don’t know but it must be something about the envelopes they wouldn’t give us.” He nodded also and said, “But whatever was in those packages I hope they know we aren’t getting them.”   

                                                                                      ***

And that they did. The next day, more letters came, this time four, two for me and two for harry. I presume they were the same thing because they had the same weight, the same color, and the same writing. Harry came in with the letters, handed mine to me, but before we could open them, Vernon snatched them out of our hands. “Hey, that’s mine!” Harry and I said at the same time. “You can’t have these and no questions asked.” He said. “Why not they are our property, they say it on the envelope.” I commented. “You are not allowed to have them and that’s it! No questions asked!” Vernon yelled.                                                                                                 

A few days have passed and Harry and I now share a room because apparently his letter was addressed to his cupboard. The next few days went routine with the letters until Sunday when Harry and I came downstairs to find the Doors boarded up and Petunia grabbing the milk through the window from a very confused looking mailman. “No post on Sundays!” Vernon said with a creepy look on his face. “They won’t send us those bloody letters anymore!” Again with the creepy look on his face! What’s with that?! But from what we were just to learn, “they” won’t give up.

                                                                                                ***

 About five minutes after he said that letters popped up EVERYWHERE! The letters came in the eggs, through the cracks in the door, and through the window. But what produced the most envelopes what the fire place. There were so many envelopes flowing out that the ground was flooding with envelopes. Harry and I looked at each other, and then started grabbing all the letters we could while Vernon was trying to stop us.  He dragged Harry, Dudley, Petunia and I out into the living room. “Get some cloths in a bag and meet me in the car in five minutes.” He said. Five minutes later, we were all sitting in the car and started for who knows where. Dudley was complaining and Harry and I were just sitting looking at each other rolling our eyes. After taking some un-needed stops we came to this small town where Vernon stopped to get something and came back with a long package. When we finally came to a stop we were at a rocky beach with a small rowboat that had waves crashing onto it. It was pouring down rain so we were getting drenched, Dudley was complaining, and Harry and I were both hugging each other for warmth. We took our stuff into the row boat, and came across cottage on a small rock. “They can never get us here!” said Vernon, his eyes bulging. We got in the cottage to find that it smelled strongly of mildew. “Well, after a long day of driving, we should all go off to bed.” Vernon said, smiling cheerily. Petunia made a bed for Dudley on the couch and left Harry and I to find a spot on the floor with the grossest, moth eaten blankets they had. A while after I had dozed off Harry nudged me awake. He pointed to Dudley’s watch which read 11:59. Harry and I are twins and are almost eleven in about five… four… three… two… BOOM! The door fell down and in front of it, soaking from the waves, was a very large man.