Chapter Twenty: Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle's POV

*********************

Beep beep beep beep beep

"Ugh, Spike, can you get that?" I mumbled groggily, not opening my eyes.

Beep beep beep beep beep

"Spike?" The alarm clock didn't shut up. "Spike?! SPIKE!" I sat up, glaring at where Spike was supposed to be sleeping. But he wasn't. My expression immediately softened and I turned off my clock. "Oh, Spike, I'm sorry . . ."

I slowly slid out of bed, thinking about the missing Rarity and Spike. I levitated my morning get-ready supplies, and they did their work on me as I went downstairs.

"Who!" my pet owl, Owlicious, cooed, swooping by and placing a plate down on a table that had an omelet on it. Then she filled a glass with apple juice and dropped a straw into the cup.

"Thanks, Owlicious," I said, absently sipping the juice while I checked my morning check-list.

I was in the middle of eating my omelet and double-checking my checklist when I heard a tentative knock on my door.

"Oh, hi, Fluttershy!" I greeted my friend after I opened the door.

"H-hi, Twilight," Fluttershy whispered, looking at the ground. There was a silence.

"Well?" I asked, tapping my hoof. Fluttershy shook her head and hid behind her light pink mane.

"Dashie's sick," she said. I gasped.

"That's horrible! Is she ok? What's she come down with?" I asked. Dash never got sick! She was always flying around, healthy and strong. Fluttershy shrugged.

"I don't know, but yesterday I went to visit her, and then she asked for a smoothie, the Strawberry Surf Rider kind, her favorite, and so I went to get one for her but the store was closed and I got scared that Dashie would be mad so I went home," Fluttershy said in one breath. "Now I feel bad."

"Don't! You should've told her that the store was closed," I suggested. "How about we get her one now? It'll also give me an excuse to see how she's doing."

After I'd finished my omelet, Fluttershy and I left and walked through town to pick up a smoothie for Rainbow Dash. Then we approached her cloud house in the distance.

"So, how's it going with Big Mac?" I randomly asked. Fluttershy smiled.

"He's very sweet," she said. "I like him a lot." I grinned happily.

"That's great!" I enthused. "Applejack'll be delighted!" Fluttershy looked down.

"Oh, I'm not so sure about that . . ."

"Why not?"

"She doesn't really approve of me and Big Mac together . . . I don't want her to hate me!" Fluttershy looked as if she were about to cry.

"Aw, Shy, she's not going to hate you," I soothed. "She'll never hate you! We're all friends, and I mean, seriously, who can hate you, anyway? You're the Element of Kindness, for Celestia's sake." Fluttershy looked down. "Um, well, we're here."

Fluttershy stopped looking down and flapped up to Dash's house. I followed her with a bit more trouble.

"Ugh," I muttered, landing next to Fluttershy. "I really need to get used to these wings." I knocked on the door. It was answered by a pretty blue pegasus I didn't recognize.

"Good morning, I'm Twilight Sparkle, and we're here to-"

"Hi. Hey, Fluttershy!" The pegasus glanced at me briefly, then immediately started talking to Shy. "You here to see Rainbow Dash?"

"Actually, we both-" I started.

"She's inside, and she said she didn't want visitors," the pegasus glared at me. What did I do?

"I'm her friend," I said. The pegasus's eyes widened.

"Oh my Celestia are you an alicorn?" she gasped. "I am so sorry!" She bowed. "I didn't mean any disrespect . . ."

"Oh, um, it's ok," I said. "I'm not really anyone important at the moment . . ." I glanced at Fluttershy awkwardly.

"Of course you are! Why aren't you in Canterlot?" the pegasus asked excitedly. "What's it like to be an alicorn? Like, you know, casting magic and flying at the same time? Is it cool?"

"I guess so . . ."

"By the way, I'm Stormcall, one of Dashie's BFFs!" Stormcall announced proudly.

"Why haven't we seen you before?" I wondered, and couldn't help feeling a bit jealous. Why hadn't Dash told us about her before?

"Oh, I live in Cloudsdale," Stormcall explained. "I'm only here for a visit." She paused for a millisecond. "How are you royal?" Her eyes glimmered with curiosity.

"Uh, I'm Shining Armor's younger sister," I said.

"Cool! I can totally see the resemblance."

"Um, excuse me?" Fluttershy's quiet voice inquired. "We're here to see Rainbow Dash."

"Yeah," I agreed. "Um, is she ok with that?" Then quickly added, "We're really close friends."

"I dunno," Stormcall shurgged. "Lemme go check." She disappeared into the house.

"Do you know her?" I asked Shy, who nodded. "How?"

"She and Dash visited me once," she answered quietly, turning away.

"Hi again!" Stormcall chirped, appearing in the doorway. "Dash says it's ok to see her." We nodded and stepped inside. A small bat was snoozing upside down, hanging from something on the ceiling.

"Uh, hey, guys," Rainbow Dash said awkwardly, coughing. "I, uh . . ."

"Oh my Celestia!" Fluttershy rushed to the side of Dash's bed and handed her the sort-of-melted-but-not-really Strawberry Surf Rider. "I am so, so sorry about yesterday, but the smoothie store was closed and I didn't know what to do and-"

"It's cool, Shy," Dash interrupted, taking the drink and sipping it. "I don't mind."

"Are you sure?" Fluttershy asked nervously, always the one who was really big on apologies.

"Hey, Dash," I said, stepping closer.

"Hi Twi," Rainbow Dash nodded. "Um, if you didn't notice already, I'm sick."

"What's the disease?" I asked, eager to start healing her. "You want me to help you?" I thought. "I have lots of healing spells memorized, if you want."

"Nah, it's ok," Dash shook her head, sounding a bit rushed. "Um, actually, I think I'm getting better. Like, really fast."

"Oh. Ok," I shurgged, sort of miffed that Dash didn't need my help. I was kind of a show-off at times and I wanted to make Stormcall impressed. Silly me. "Well, get well soon!" I turned to go.

"Hey, did you find Rarity or Spike yet?" Dash asked. Fluttershy and Stormcall started murmuring to each other.

"No, sadly," I sighed. "I'm pretty sure I asked everypony in town!" I huffed. "And if I didn't I certainly wouldn't know, because my head hurts so much right now, I feel like just lying down and going to sleep."

"Then why don'tcha?"

"You know me! I hardly sleep!"

"Forgot. Lemme know if I can help, kay?" Rainbow Dash sipped her smoothie again.

"Sure! After you get better, you're totally free to fly around Equestria and search for a dragon and a unicorn," I said sarcastically, shifting my wings around. "It's ok, Dash. I'll figure something out."

"Um, ok. Just be sure not to kill yourself in the process," she joked, winking. "Of sleep loss." I laughed slightly, then decided it made my head ache, so I stopped.

"HEY DASH!" Stormcall screamed suddenly. Dash turned to her. "Did you know that she's a princess?" I took this opportunity to turn and clop out.

As I flapped down to the ground, I thought about who I hadn't asked yet. Everypony, I think . . . who was I missing? There was this nagging sensation in the back of my brain that was trying to tell me who it was.

"Hey, Twilight!" called a familiar voice, startling me out of my thoughts. I crashed-landed onto a cloud and stood up, looking around, annoyed. When I saw the dark blue pegasus hovering in front of me, I immediately stopped being annoyed.

"Oh, uh, hi, Thunder," I giggled way too loudly. A hawk flew by, then into Dash's house. I assumed it was one of Flutter's.

"Hey. How's it going?" Thunder landed on the cloud next to me. My inner self was dying, yet since I was . . . well, me, I held it together on the outside. "I was just flying by, and I sorta saw you fly out of this sweet house here . . . " He gestured to Rainbow Dash's cloud home.

"Oh, um, that's my friend's," I stammered awkwardly. "I don't live in the sky."

"Cool," Thunder nodded, looking slightly disappointed. I pretended not to notice. "So, uh, I was wondering if-"

"Twilight!" called a quiet voice. I looked up to see Fluttershy flying frantically out of Rainbow Dash's house. She glanced at Thundercloud, then turned to me again. "One of my animals came and told me he saw Rarity and Spike in the Everfree Forest!" I gasped.

"ZECORA!" That was the pony I was missing! "The Everfree Forest! Oh my stars! How could I be so dumb?" I flew the rest of the way down to the ground. Thunder and Shy followed. "I am going there right now to rescue them!"

"Wait, Twilight!" Fluttershy raced up to me. "You can't just go into that place alone!" She shivered. "It's too dangerous!"

"Our friends are in their, Shy!" I argued. "You don't have to go, but I am!"

"I can go with her," Thunder suggested. Both me and Fluttershy looked at him.

"Do you have any idea what's in that place?" Shy trembled. "There's so many dangerous things, like manticores and timberwolves and pony-eating plants and dragons and-"

"What she's trying to say is that it's very dangerous," I cut her off quickly.

"Danger is my middle name," Thunder boasted. I rolled my eyes, insides slightly squealing.

"I don't care what your middle name is, you can't come!"

"I can protect you," Thunder stepped closer. "Please?" Fluttershy backed away, whimpering.

"Are you sure?" she whispered. He nodded confidently. I huffed loudly.

"If you insist," I sighed, stepping up to him and willing my horn. Suddenly we were standing at the base of the Everfree Forest.

"Cool," Thunder nodded. "So, where do we start?" He began to trot into the forest. I stopped him.

"Zecora, the wise zebra of this place," I said, directing him a different way. We began walking into the trees. "She'll know where Rarity and Spike went for sure."

"Is she like an old pony or something?"

"No, she's actually quite young. She knows everything that goes around in here." We walked in silence for a bit.

"Twilight Sparkle," Thunder turned to me abruptly. I resisted the urge to hug him. I loved the sound of my name coming out of his mouth! Ok, that sounded creepy. Oh well!

"Yes?"

"Um, eariler, I wanted to tell you something, but your friend interrupted," he cleared his throat.

"Oh, yeah," I said. "What was it?"

"I was wondering . . ." Thundercloud paused. "If you'd go on a date with me?" He smilied hopefully. I was in total shock. A date? I didn't do dates! I was a very single pony.

Also, I was thinking about how un-Thunderish he acted when we were alone. Usually he acted all macho and mares'-man sort of type. Now, he actually looked . . . sweet.

"You can say no if you want to," Thunder added quickly, realizing my long silence.

"No, it's not that, it's just . . ." I fluttered my wings nervously. Thunder noticed and put one of his wings over my shoulder, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. "I've never really dated before . . ."

"Aw, that's ok," Thundercloud assured me. "It's really fun, and easy! Just be yourself and we'll go someplace to eat or something."

"Well, um . . ." I looked down. "Sure, I guess?" I blushed heavily. A date!

"Sweet!" Thunder grinned. "It's settled, then. How 'bout we go to . . ." He laughed. "I don't really know my way around here yet, so . . ." He smiled at me. "Your choice."

"Mine?" I blushed even heavier. My purple face was almost red now. "Oh, I don' think-"

"C'mon, just choose," Thunder teased. "It can't be that hard." I sighed.

"There is this one place . . ." I started, glancing at him. He nodded.

"Go on . . ."

"It's mostly a couples-only place. I've never been there before, so I wouldn't know how good there food is, but sometimes I walk by and see these couples sitting on the balcony, just watching the sunset together, and then I feel sad, yet happy, since I'm glad for them, but I don't have a special somepony to do that with." I looked at Thunder. "So, there?"

"Of course," he smiled, then leaned in. Was he going to kiss me? What was supposed to do? I started to panic, and in the end I pushed away. "Sorry," Thunder apologized quickly.

"No, uh, it's ok, I just don't know-"

"I understand," Thunder smiled for the hundredth time. I tore my eyes off him and noticed the little hut in the distance.

"Oh, um, we're here." I looked around just in case Zecora was outside, picking herbs or something, then knocked on the door.

*****************************************************************************************************************

HAI! I am so sorry I haven't updated this in a really long time..... no time since school and stuff like that. Well, here's that little Twilight and Thunder moment you've all been waiting for lol! Twilightcloud? Idk lol

Anyways, my school started, so I will be updating less frequently, probably on Wednesdays and Fridays. Or not, i'm not so sure yet, but definitely not Mondays, since i have horse back riding on Mondays and also piano on Wednesdays, but I come home eariler on Wednesdays, like today lol

I think the next chapter will be Rarity or somepony.

Does anyone know what today is? it's 9/11, the day the Twin Towers were destroyed by some evil terrorists. I'd just like a moment of silence for those who died.......................................... god bless them :)

Do any of you yo-yos like Marvel? The Avengers? Well I'm obsessed with them and decided to calm my sould by writing a fanfic bout their kids! lol lame dont judge! go check it out if you're interested it's called Years Later.

Also go check out firehunter15's MLP book!!! its called My Little Pony: Fire and Ice. It's really good, you should read it or at least check it out. Also follow @firehunter15!

Read @mr_meow's GiNai series! they're really silly and fun to read. (GiNai means Chicken Milk in Chinese.... and no, I'm not Chinese I'm Mongolian.) Ya, so go read 'em! And follow her she's ma real life sis! But seriously, she deserves reads, votes, comments, and follows!

Books You Should Check Out That I Mentioned in This Chap

************************************************************************

-My Little Pony: Fire and Ice by firehunter15

-Years Later ~Avengers Children~ by that_awesome_person (Lol i'm so vain)

-GiNai and the Annoyance of the Sinister Bunny by mr_meow (this is the first GiNai book)

-GiNai and the Army of the Slender Barrels by mr_meow (this is the second GiNai book)

Anways........

VOTE

FAN (idk why I still say that)

COMMENT

LUV YA YO-YOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):)