Chapter Four: Fluttershy

Fluttershy's POV

***************

I watched as Rainbow Dash flew out of Twilight's window and out of the party. What happened? Was she sad? It wasn't like Dash to just ditch a party like that. Or maybe it was. I didn't know.

"Hey, Fluttershy," Twilight Sparkle said to me after I walked back downstairs. I just exited the party for a little space. I didn't really like mingling much.

"Oh, uh, Twilight. Hi," I answered quietly.

"Have you seen Big Mac?" she asked. My heart skipped a beat. Mac. Applejack's brother? He was really cute. Not as cute as all the fluffy animals, of course, but cute. In, uh, stallion-speaking.

"Oh, him! Um . . . no, I don't think so." I craned my neck, searching for him. Why did Twilight Sparkle want to see him?

"Really? I thought he'd have talked to you by now, so far into the party, heh heh." She laughed a fake laugh at the end of her sentence.

"Oh . . ." I whispered. "Why?" Twilight opened her mouth and closed it.

"Uhhhhh . . ."

"You don't have to tell me," I said quickly. "I understand if it's a secret." Twilight Sparkle smiled appreciatively and nodded. One of her wings fluttered nervously. I hardly ever used mine. It's weird, how Twilight became an alicorn and immediately began using her wings. And she was really good at it.

"Hey, Twilight!" screeched Pinkie Pie. "Have you seen Rainbow Dash?! She left me because of something, I haven't figured it out yet, and then I looked for her but she wasn't in the party at all and stuff, so I suppose she went outside but she wasn't there either and I was wondering if one of you ponies saw her?"

"Nope, sorry," Twilight apologized. I debated whether I should tell Pinkie about Rainbow Dash escaping out the window or not. I went with not.

"Me neither," I lied. Maybe Dash didn't want anypony to see her. She did look around a lot before leaving.

"Hey, ponies!" greeted Applejack. "Twilight, is Spike still up there with Rarity?" She looked at Twilight's bedroom. "Cuz if so, they're taking a damn long of a time."

"No, I don't think so," Twilight said. "I saw Spike just now; he looked pretty disappointed. I guess Rarity rejected him."

"Aww, poor Spike," I sympathized. "All he ever wanted was to-"

"Hello there, ladies," a deep voice greeted us four. "Why are you pretty ponies sitting here all alone with no stallions? Come on and join the party." It was Thundercloud. I saw Twilight stiffen, Applejack's jaw dropped, Pinkie Pie stopped bouncing, and I just stared.

"Wait, us?" Pinkie asked. Thundercloud nodded flirtatiously.

"Ah think we'll pass, sorry." Applejack didn't look very sorry, though. She just looked a little annoyed. Twilight glanced at Applejack, then Thunder.

"Aww, c'mon," Thundercloud coaxed. "It'll be fun." Twilight Sparkle gave me a 'Should we?' look. I shrugged.

"Nope. Ah think we're good all by ourselves." Applejack took a step forward. Thunder took a step forward as well.

"Well, aren't you a feisty one?" he commented in a flirty way. I looked around. All the other ponies were in the kitchen or the other side of the living room, not really paying attention to us. I wished some other ponies would come and distract Thunder from us.

"Excuse me?" Applejack asked angrily.

"Just saying," Thunder winked at her. She made an furious noise through her nose. "You're pretty cute."

"Are you hitting on me?" Applejack questioned indignantly. She definitely wasn't afraid to get to the point, I realized. Thunder looked a bit shocked.

"Uh, I . . ." For once he was at a loss for words.

"Um, I'll come," Twilight spoke up. Applejack blinked. So did Pinkie Pie and I. Applejack had just defended us from this creepo, and then Twilight goes and joins him?

"Ah, good, a -" His eyes widened. "Alicorn?" Twilight blushed and spread her wings to full length. They were a few inches longer than his, Rainbow Dash's, and mine. "Oh, uh . . ."

"Yeah," Twilight murmured. "I'm an alicorn."

"That's . . . that's . . . really cool." Thundercloud looked impressed. "Can you fly?" Applejack just about snorted.

"O' cours' she can fly, ya big dummy!" she laughed. "She has wings, doesn't she?" I opened my mouth to say that I didn't fly much, but then I decided against it. Besides, I did fly some. Thunder ignored Applejack.

"So . . . wanna come outside and show me your wing-power?" He smiled. I swear, Twilight seriously looked like she was about to die. In a good way. A . . . was that a love-struck face? Oh, no. Applejack wasn't going to like that.

"Oh, uh, sure?" Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and I watched as Twilight Sparkle followed Thundercloud out the door.

"That . . . that traitor!" Applejack muttered angrily. Pinkie Pie's bottom lip quivered.

"How . . . how could she?" she asked with a watery gasp. "I we were all the bestest of buddies!" She wasn't bounced at all. Now, instead, she plopped down on her rear end.

"That's . . . not like Twilight," Applejack commented. "She wouldn't do that with a normal stallion. I think she's-"

"Love-struck." I finished, talking for the first time since Thunder came over. Both of my friends nodded in agreement. I sighed, feeling a little sad. Twilight, abandon us? Then for some reason I added, "Rainbow Dash would never do this to us."

"Well, of cours' not!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Yeah! Her element is loyalty, so that's pretty obvious."

"I know," I said simply. We stood in silence for a while. I stared at my front hooves. How could Thunder come and steal our friend like that? It was just mean. And Twilight was mean for leaving. Voluntarily!

"I'm hungry," Pinkie suddenly said, and dashed away to the kitchen. Applejack sighed.

"I'll never git that pony."

********************

Later, when it was getting late, ponies were beginning to leave the party. I figured that I should probably leave too, since nobody really seemed to want me around. I trotted out through the door and into the crisp night air.

"Fluttershy." I turned to see Big Macintosh calling me. I walked over.

"Yes?" My heart fluttered.

"Well, uh, ah was going to git your friend Twilight Sparkle to ask this for me, but since she's not here . . . Fluttershy, um, I've been meaning to ask ya a question . . ." He looked me in the eyes. I glanced down, feeling shyer than usual.

"Yes?" I asked again.

"Um. Is it ok, if . . . if we could, ya know, date?" Big Mac stood up taller and smiled warmly. I was speechless. Never had anypony asked me to date them! This was so exciting! I didn't understand how Rarity was so calm about it.

"Yes!" I blurted. "I mean, sure . . ." I got quiet.

"Great! Uh . . ." It was obvious that he had no idea what to say next. I decided to help him out. Very unlike me. I never spoke up first.

"How about tomorrow?" I suggested. Mac perked up.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Um, how does dinner sound?" I nodded. "Ok, so, pick you up at seven?"

"Sure!" I chirped. He gave me one last smile before walking away and catching up with Applejack, who saw nothing. I sighed with pleasure. My first date! This really WAS exciting. How was I going to put my hair? Was I going to wear a dress? No, Big Mac was from a farm. No fancy stuff.

"Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh!!!" Pinkie Pie squealed. "I heard the whole thing! You're dating Big Mac?? OH MY GOSH!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!! Hey, Fluttershy! Do you know what this calls for? A PARTY!!!"

"No, Pinkie, please, shhhh," I pleaded. I didn't need everyone knowing.

"Oh, right. How's this?" Pinkie Pie whispered. I nodded. Her eyes brightened. "I'll organize a party! Everyone will be invited!! YEAH!!" I shook my head.

"No, parties, please," I protested. Pinkie looked crushed.

"Oh, fine," she grumbled. "But can I PLEASE help you dress? It'll be so fun!" I made a little "Uenhhhhuhh" noise. I didn't think Mac would appreciate ruffles and laces.

"Pinkie, I don't think-"

"Oh yay!! Tomorrow, right? I'll come over at six and help prepare!! I promise, you won't regret it!!" With that she bounced away. I gaped at her retreating fluffy pink tail.

*************************************************************************************************

Yay! A longish chappie!! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

Ok, so Fluttershy and Big Macintosh is GO!! Yeah!

Next chapter is probably either Applejack or Twilight Sparkle again. Idk yet.

Listening to Va Va Voom by Nicki Minaj. Lol idk why I told you that. Lalallalalala!!

Go listen to the Assumption Song!! It's awesome!!

Ok, yo-yos!! Bye bye!!

Vote

Fan

Comment!!