Chapter Fourteen: Rarity

Rarity's POV

************

Sunlight.

That was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes. I squinted, covering my face with one of my hooves, and sat up. I was in a cave of some sort, a very dirty one at that. Why was I here? Then the memories came flooding in.

"Oh my stars, Spike?" I asked. No answer. Maybe he'd left to . . . get breakfast? Or flown off to get help? I hoped it was the second one. I couldn't stand dirty places.

Standing up, I noticed I had been lying on a little bed of straw. Where had Spike gotten straw?

"Spike?" I called again, even though I knew it was no use. I was also quite sore, but I forced myself to walk farther into the cave. Maybe he was in there. "Spike? Um, I'm awake and I wanted you to know that-" I stopped walking. "Oh." Sleeping in front of me was huge, full-grown, big red dragon.

"Ah-haha," I stammered to myself. "Ooh-kay then . . ." I started to back away. "Ow!" I stepped on something edgy and squarish. I turned around to see . . .

"A fire gem!" I gasped in disbelief. These were very rare! I glanced back at the dragon, who was still sleeping. Where were his other gems and jewels? I looked back down at the fire gem. I levitated it and studied it. Should I keep it? I quietly walked away with it and back to the entrance of the cave.

"Rarity?" called a voice. I looked up sharply. "Out here!" I peeked out of the cave, still holding the gem. It was a little hard since my horn was still a little tired from the night before, but this was a simple levitating spell, not tiring and very easy.

"Oh, Spikey-Wikey!" I sighed with relief, using the nickname I'd picked long ago, and running out to meet him. "Thank Celestia you're here! There's a dragon in there and I got ever so frightened and I was wondering where you were and-" Spike quickly shushed me.

"The dragon is friendly! He's very nice, and we talked last night, just he's very protective of his gems, so just don't take any without ask-" He spotted the fire gem in the air. "You took one, didn't you," he sighed. I looked and it and nodded.

"Yes, in fact, I did," I stated proudly. "Isn't it lovely? I haven't seen a fire gem in such a long time! I mean, besides the one you gave me a long time ago, but that was years back and-"

"Rarity! You have to give that back!" Spike said urgently. "Right now! Before he wakes up!" I cocked my head.

"But why? Can't we just leave with this one? It's-" I started, but Spike cut me off once again.

"No! He'll notice! Quick! Put it back before he wakes . . ." Spike stared at something behind me. "Up . . ." I turned to see the dragon poking his head out and blinking in the sunlight. "Rarity . . ." Spike whispered. "Walk in the direction behind me, and don't stop until I catch up, ok?"

"But-"

"Go, now!" I frowned but obeyed, turning around and walking in the direction behind Spike. Spike began talking to the dragon, making small talk and telling him we had to go and it was nice staying in his cave.

I glanced at the fire gem levitating beside me, and wondered if I should just drop it on the ground for him to find later. I decided not to, and kept walking. Soon, I couldn't hear them talking anymore, and I relaxed. Safe!

"RARITY!" screamed Spike, barreling into me. I yelped and dropped the gem. Spike pushed me forward. "Go, go, go!!" he urged.

"Wait, Spike? Wheat happened?" I asked, galloping after him. I winced as dirt covered my manicured hooves, but went on, since Spike was in such a rush. "SPIKE! What'd he say?" Spike didn't answer. "Spike!"

"He noticed!" Spike finally shouted back. "The gem!" I suddenly stopped, shocked. The gem! "Rarity, come on!"

"Spike! I left the gem!" I cried in horror. "We have to go get it!" With that, I began running back the way we came. I heard the furious flapping of Spike's wings as he caught up to me and snatched my tail. "Ow! Get off!"

"Let's. GO!!" Spike yelled at me, tugging me again, still in the air. He was stronger than me, so I found myself being pulled backwards. I wailed in protest, but Spike continued dragging me along.

"WHERE IS IT?????" A loud roar came from the trees. "WHERE?!!!!!!????" Spike cursed under his breath.

"Darling!" I scolded. "Language!" Spike ignored me but tugged my tail really hard one last time and let go. "Ow!" Just then, the big red dragon came bursting through the trees on all fours. I screamed and threw myself into a bush. I instantly regretted it. "OWW!! SPIKESPIKESPIKESPIKESPIKE THOOORRNNNSS!!!" The thorns poked me all over and I kept on screaming, causing the dragon to open up my bush and pluck me out.

"Let go of me!" I demanded, taking a thorn out of my flank and throwing it at him. It bounced off harmlessly and he grinned.

"I've got you now, little pony!" the dragon snickered. "Now tell me where the gem is!" I gulped at him as he stuck a big golden eye in my face.

"Uh . . . it's back there!" I cried desperately. "I, I mean, darling, do you really need it?"

"YESSSSSSSSSS!!" Mr. Dragon hissed in my face, and I wrinkled my muzzle.

"Dearie, have you ever heard of 'breath mints'?" I asked. "Because you really need some." The dragon glared and snapped at me. I got a glimpse of his humongous teeth and large tongue. "Wh-what big teeth you have?"

"All the better to eat you with, my dear," the dragon snarled, making me quiver.

"Sir, I must tell you, I'm not very meaty, um, and I might be a little sour because I just, uh, slept on hay . . . and pointy, yes, pointy, you know, with the thorns and all? Um, you might want to try somepony like . . . Snips! Snips is . . . quite . . . meaty . ." I felt bad for pinning it on Snips, but I was desperate! The dragon chuckled.

"Ha, you're funny, little pony," he said. I wiggled around in his grasp, willing my horn to do . . . something.

Suddenly, a large log bonked the dragon's head, making him growl and turn around. I felt myself being lifted out of the dragon's claws. "Spike?"

"Shh," Spike whispered, struggling to lift me up. I wiggled more, trying to help him. He flapped his wings furiously, and unfortunately, they were louder than regular pegasi wings. The other dragon swung around and saw us.

"Spike, if you get us out of this I will give you all my gems when we get home!" I yelled frantically. Spike's eyes brightened and he tugged me harder. The dragon tightened his grip on me as well, so basically two dragons were playing tug-of-war with my body. It wasn't exactly comfortable, if you know what I mean.

"Alo ma corea, mee a ma coor!" somepony chanted. The dragon suddenly recoiled, and it's claws peeled off of me. Spike swooped me up and the dragon went crashing to the ground. Standing nearby was a familiar zebra.

"Zecora!" I cried in relief. "Thank Celestia you were there to save us."

"I was just passing through here," Zecora answered. "And your screaming caught my ear." Spike gently set me down on the forest floor and landing himself.

"Well, we heartily thank you," Spike said. "But do you know how to get out of here? We're really lost." Zecora smiled warmly.

"Of course I will lead you out," she said. "But first you must tell me what this is all about." She gestured to the unconscious dragon snoring away on the ground.

"We got a little lost," I admitted. "And this dork put us in a dragon's cave." By "dork" I meant Spike, of course.

"Well, I-" Spike began.

"No! No, don't protest, that is what happened," I told Zecora. "Now could we please get directions? I'm sure everypony is looking for us, and I'm also quite hungry."

"Go straight until you reach the old mill, then turn left and you will see Ponyville," Zecora directed us. Spike's eyes widened.

"There's an old mill around here?" he gasped excitedly. "Ooh! Let's go, Rarity!" He spread his wings and dashed off down the path. I sighed and thanked Zecora like a polite pony, then followed Spike.

"Wait, Spike! Slow down!" I called after him. "SPIKE!!" I saw his little silhouette in the distance stop and come flying back to me.

"You do know that you owe me all of your gems, right?" he asked greedily. I sighed and nodded.

We walked for a long time, in uncomfortable silence. It didn't help that I was getting dirt all over my hooves, and I still had some dried mud on myself from the night before. I tried to cast a cleaning spell, but my stupid horn wouldn't work. I began to question why it still wasn't working. I could cast a simply pick-up-things-and-move-them spell, but that wasn't really useful right now.

"Where is this mill?" I asked tiredly. Spike shrugged. He didn't look tired at all, which annoyed me.

"I don't know, but I can't wait to see it!" He did a little loop-the-loop in the air to express his excitement. I rolled my eyes. Could we just get back to Ponyville already? I really really really needed to take a long, hot bath and go to the spa.

"Ughhhh," I groaned for no reason. "Spike, darling, please stop spinning around like that, it's making me dizzy." It really wasn't, but I just needed something to complain about. He stopped willingly.

"Ooh!" Spike suddenly shouted. "I see it! The mill!" He flew ahead and beckoned to me to hurry up. I sighed but quickened my walk to a trot.

"Can we just get back to Ponyville? What's so special about this old, dirty mill anyway?" I yawned, looking around for Ponyville. Which way was it? Left or right?

"Wait, I just wanna check out this thing first," Spike said. "Please?" I nodded and walked up to it as well. It was larger up close, with many floors. I didn't want to climb any stairs, so I just checked out the bottom floor. It was boring.

"Hey Rarity!" Spike called. "You have to check out this cool machine collection up here!"

"I don't want to!" I yelled back. "Can we just go already?"

"But I just- AHHHHHHH!!!!" Spike screamed. I looked up, startled.

"Spike, dear? Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little slip."

"Well, don't do it again. I'm not strong enough to carry you," I said.

"I know. Ooh, what does this thing do?" I heard a little creaky noise.

"Spike, don't touch any- OH DUNG!!!!" I screamed as a whole pile of wood crashed down on top of me.

********************************************************************************

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol. Next chapter is Fluttershy

Ok this is a new chapter and I just wanna say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1,000+ READS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY I COULD JUST FLY!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

@lizzie8000 says that I should hurry up with my other stories because they sound interesting. Well I'd be happy to! But I just don't know which one to publish first. SO I'VE DECIDED FOR YOU GUYS TO VOTE!

There are 6 choices, and you may only choose one. Say which one you would like me to publish first in a comment, please. But remember: if you don't vote, I won't know which one to publish!! SO EVERYONE VOTE PLEASE!! If only two people vote, I won't know which one, so lots of peeps must vote.

The choices are:

1) Pony Hearts in a Human World (another MLP fanfic, but they're humans)

When the Mane Six accidentally step through a magical portal to Earth, they are whisked away to a land full of humans. On their epic quest to return to Equestria, they meet characters along the way that could help them return to their home world. Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Spike must make tough decisions and sacrifices to get enough magic to return to Equestria. But who can they trust?

2) Desire (Wizard101 fanfic)

Sean Stormcaller is a newly-enrolled storm wizard at the Ravenwood Academy. Sean lives the perfect life of a wizard there for a few years: he has a cool pet, he progresses through quests easily, he has money, good spells, lots of friends, and a charming attitude. Sean meets a girl: Elizabeth Jadehunter, a myth wizard, who is way out of his league. Yet Sean finds himself falling heavily for her, and he knows she'll never love him back. Elizabeth only thinks of Sean as a friend. A friend. Sean lives his life at the academy until one fatal day, Elizabeth is kidnapped by the evil Malistaire. Sean sets off on an epic quest to save his friend, along with a few others. The only problem: Sean is only level 24.

3) Kidnapped (PewDiePie fanfic)

PewDiePie wakes up in an unfamiliar house, finding out that his girlfriend Marzia had been kidnapped by the evil Barrels and the Bro. Along with his friends Stephano, Mr. Chair, Piggeh, and Jennifer, can he save Marzia before its too late?

4) Handprints (mystery)

(This is not a horror story) When Annabeth Ashca moves into Hastings Manor, she doesn't think much of it. Until she accidentally awakens a banshee. With her bloody, mysterious past, the banshee is back, and this time she'll get what she wants . . . revenge.

5) I Need You to Love Me (romance/drama)

Enter Blair Johnson, a divorced, job-less, and very confused 25-year-old living in a shabby apartment in New York City. She has nothing, and she is struggling to survive in this very messed up city. Blair meets Nia Malcolm, an enthusiastic African American woman who encourages Blair to follow her dreams of becoming an actress on Broadway. Jared Young, a cabbie driver that Blair also interacts with, offers a job spot for her and possibly true love. With the help of Nia and Jared, can Blair overcome NYC and finally get the life she thinks she deserves?

6) My Little Pony Roleplay! :)

Just some MLP roleplay for everypony!

7) Dixie

Victoria Curray is just another horse-loving princess with a boring life and a demanding mother. This all changes when the stable boy, Percy, brings in two new horses, Dixie and Oberon. Oberon is a normal horse, but Dixie is something else. Victoria follows him into the woods one cold night and ends up in Carleybone, the world of unicorn maidens.

So get out there and vote!! :):):):):):):):):):)

LUV U ALL!!!!!!!

Vote

Fan

Comment

BYE YO-YOS!!!!!!