Chapter Three: Rainbow Dash ⚡

Rainbow Dash's POV

******************

"Hey, Dash!" chirped the cheerful chirp of Pinkie Pie. "You look sad. Why are you sad?" She bounced slightly as she talked.

"I'm not sad," I corrected her. "I'm fine."

"Well, you sure dopey-noppie-noppie look good!" Pinkie's eyes were filled with concern. Sometimes she could be a really good friend and not just a headless chicken-pony.

"I. Am. Fine." I glanced over across the room. Talking to other people, not me. Of course. "Hey, Pinkie Pie, could you go get me some . . . uh, food?"

"Okey-dokey-lokey! What food?"

"Just, um, get me anything that looks good." I wasn't really that hungry, but I just wanted for Pinkie to go away.

"Here you go!" a high-pitched voice said, and Pinkie Pie handed me a mini apple pie. I yelped. "Here! Here! Here! It's smells really good! Eat it before I do!"

"PINKIE PIE!! How did you get back so fast?" I watched in disbelief as Pinkie devoured the pie whole. She chewed, looking at me.

"I told you to eat it before I did," she complained. I shook my head. "What? I'm hungry!"

"It's . . . not that," I admitted. "It's something else. Now could you please go away?"

"But! But! But! Can you tell me? Oh, please tell me! Oh please, oh please, oh please!" Her eyes sparkled with glee. "Aren't we the bestest of buddies? Aren't we, Rainbow Dash? AREN'T WE?!"

"I-I guess, but-"

"So tell me!" Pinkie bounced. I sighed.

"Pinkie, it's really nothing you'd care about. Really." Pinkie looked shocked.

"Dash!! You're my bestest friend! Of course I care about it! What is it? Your flying? What's wrong with your flying? Or maybe... oh, I know! You can't do a Sonic Rainboom! That's it! But I can help! All you need to do is-"

"Pinkie Pie! My Sonic Rainboom is just fine! This has nothing to do with my flying." I tossed my rainbow-colored mane out of my face. "Now go away."

"But . . . PLEASE? I won't tell anyone! I promise! Really!" Pinkie Pie's eyes were full of hope. I felt a little twinge of regret for not telling her. She was kind of my best friend.

"It's . . . it's my cr-" I stopped myself. No way I was telling her about my crush! She would freak out and tell everyone. And besides, I was scared. You know, being in love. This pony was the first crush I'd had since I was a filly. I had no experience whatsoever! The thing is, I'd never cared . . . until now.

Yeah, I know you'd expect a bad-ass pony like me, Rainbow Dash, to have done it with a billion hot stallions already. But if you did, you were wrong. Because I'd never done it-- not in my entire life! I've never even kissed a guy. Or a girl. Or anypony!

"It's your what? I didn't quite catch that last part." Pinkie leaned in, her ear pointed my way.

"Uh . . . I mean, Thundercloud!" He WAS really annoying. Seriously! That pony showed off way too much. Besides, that was MY job! Showing off, I mean. Not being annoying. He was taking my spot! Then Twilight had the nerve to ask me if I liked him! She had wings! Why didn't SHE go swoon all over him? He'd probably like her; she had wings AND a horn. So not fair.

"Thundercloud?" Pinkie Pie asked dubiously. "Are you sure? I thought you'd like him, being a pegasus and all . . ."

"No, I do not!" I snapped. "He's too show-offy, and he's not even cute! And look! His Cutie Mark totally copies mine!" It really didn't, mine was much cooler, but I needed something to complain about. Pinkie Pie glanced at my Cutie Mark.

"No it doesn't," she said. I stepped away awkwardly.

"Pinkie, it looks like you're checking out my ass . . ."

"But I'm not!" She looked at me defiantly. I sighed.

"Anyway, yes, he did steal my Cutie Mark! I don't see how they're different." I insisted. Pinkie now studied Thunder's mark, who was standing only a few steps from us. I spotted Twilight Sparkle standing on the outside of the circle of mares that surrounded him, looking shy. For Celestia's sake, just talk to him!

"But his isn't rainbow colored," Pinkie pointed out. A pony stepped in front of our view of his Cutie Mark, and Pinkie Pie began jumping to see. "Um! And, uh . . . his doesn't . . . have a . . . lightning . . . bolt!" She stopped hopping. "See?"

"No, I don't see, but still! His has a cloud." Pinkie Pie gave me a, 'Really, Dash?' look. I sighed. "Can we have fun now?"

"OK!!!!" She immediately transformed into her usual crazy self. "What'll we do first? Oh YAY!! WE CAN EAT!! Or do you wanna play a game? I think we should eat because the food we made is really good and that pie I ate earlier did taste really awesome but oh the games look like so much fun or do ya think we should talk to somepony about food? Or games? DASH!! ARE YOU LISTENING??? Do you wanna eat or play a game? Or do you wanna talk more?"

"Pinkie, I don't think-"

"Of course you thunked!" Pinkie giggled, using the wrong past-tense of "think". I looked to my right, looking for escape. Just then I spotted my crush walking over.

"Oh, crap! Pinkie Pie, hide me!" I jumped behind her.

"Wait, why? Oh my gosh, is it the Bogeyman? Or pony-eating zombies? OH NO!! IS IT MY TAIL TWITCH?" Pinkie Pie shrieked, looking at her tail. Whenever it twitched, that meant something was gonna fall from the sky. "Dash? Dash? Where'd ya go? RAINBOW DASH!"

"Gotta get out, gotta get out," I muttered to myself. I zoomed in and out of all the partying ponies, looking for a hiding place. I spread my wings and flew up to the ceiling and hid behind some loose streamers. I watched as my crush approached Pinkie Pie and said something. Pinkie bounced and answered. I grimaced and flew into Twilight's bedroom.

"Rarity?" I gasped. There was Rarity, passed out on the floor. "Uh . . ." What should I do? Save her? Or leave her? She wasn't dead, I was sure.

With one last glance at her, my crush, and Pinkie Pie, I soared out of Twilight's window and into the night.

*******************************************************************************************

YES. Another chappie!! Yay! Rainbow Dash is shy. Wow. Lol

Anyway, sorry that this chapter took long to get up. But now it's here! :):)

OMG MY SCHOOL ENDED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! NO MORE SCHOOL!!! WOOP WOOP!! Hello, summer!!!

Did anyone's else's school end today? Well if so . . . HAVE AN AWESOME SUMMER!! YEAH!!!

Next chapter is gonna be Fluttershy, I think. I think.

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO SONIA2002 for commenting and saying that this is a good book!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!! OMGOMGOMG!! THANKS.