Chapter Thirteen: Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle's POV

*********************

"This is bad, this is really, really bad," I muttered to myself, cantering out of Sugarcube Corner frantically. My eyes were dull, I had bags, I was really tired, my wings were sore, and don't get me started on my mane . . .

I'd been running around all day, looking for Rarity and Spike. Where could've they gone? Maybe Rainbow Dash was right: possibly they did elope together to somewhere. Unlikely, though. Rarity didn't even like Spike that much.

I threw myself into Sweet Apple Acres and screamed, "APPLEJACK!!!" Applejack came out and studied me.

"Oh, my, Sugarcube, what in tarnation happened to YOU?" she gasped. One of my wings twitched. "Are you ok? Why are ya runnin' around like this?"

"It's-it's Spike and- and Rar- Rarity!" I panted. I really needed to work out more. Applejack looked at me.

"What 'bout 'em?"

"They're- they're missing!" I got out. "Last night! Last- last night- they- they-" I held up a hoof and caught my breath for a bit. It would've been way easier to fly around, but my wings were dead.

"Twi, I think ya need somethin' to drink," Applejack suggested. I nodded, and followed her into her barn. "Granny Smith!" she called. "Can ya fix up somethin' nice and cold for my friend to drink?"

"Apple- Applejack," I said. "I can't stay lo-long." She scoffed.

"Oh, of cours' ya can! Spike and Rarity jus' probably went off on a date together! Nothin' to worry ya little head about." I shook my head quickly.

"No! It's not that! I think they've disappeared!"

"Yeah, right," Applejack snorted. "Ponies and dragons don't jus' magically disappear. If they wanted to disappear, I think that Rarity would've cast a spell to make 'em disappear."

"Here you go, darlin'," Granny Smith handed me a cold glass of sparkling apple cider. I sighed with relief and gulped it down. It was delicious, nice and fizzy and cold.

"Thanks," I said appreciatively. "Now Applejack, have you seen Rarity or Spike?" She shook her head and I cursed under my breath. "I'm going all around Ponyville asking everypony if they'd seen one of them or both of them."

"Ya seriously doin' all that?" Applejack asked in disbelief. "No wonder ya look like dung!" I frowned at her and she shut up.

"So, yeah. Thanks for the cider. Now, as you can see, I've got a lot of ponies to confront." I turned to go. Applejack stopped me and smiled. "What now?"

"Ya seriously expect me to let ya walk away like that?" she asked. I shrugged. "Well, the answer is no. I'm gonna help ya."

"Really? Oh, AJ, you're the best!" I thanked Celestia in my head that I was getting help. Applejack wandered back into the barn and came back with her hat on.

"Let's go!"

***

About four hours later, Applejack and I were sitting on a park bench, both of us exhausted and sweating.

"Well . . . that . . . didn't go . . . so . . . good . . ." Applejack panted. I just nodded, to tired to say anything. For the past 247 minutes, we'd been running all over Ponyville, inquiring about Rarity and Spike. None of them had said that they'd seen them. It was really depressing.

"So now what?" I asked. Applejack shrugged. "We've asked everypony except Fluttershy, Bon Bon, and DJ Pon-3." We couldn't seem to locate those three ponies. But DJ Pon-3 could be doing anything, so we didn't bother searching for her.