9: The Player's First Crush

"Annabelle, I have some very exciting news," My mom chirped.

"What?"

"The family is coming over," she chirped even more excitedly. I groaned. My family isn't the most... civil family. They're a tad bit crazy, and when they come over, they bring all that crazyness with them. My mom loved when the family came over, but I prefered if they didn't come. Don't get me wrong, I love them, well most of them, but I like it better when they come in small groups.

My mom went back to cleaning the entire house. Everytime someone comes over, she goes all out and cleans every square inch of the house. She also cooks all the food, so she's like some super mom for that day. Instead of helping my mom like I should, I walked to the front door. I just want to take a walk by myself.

"Oh and Annabelle," My mom continued, "The Swifts are coming as well."

"What? Why?" Why can't I be avoiding Daniel? No matter what I do, he seems to be there. It's bad enough my entire family has to come, but now the Swifts are coming too? That just makes things so much worse.

"The family never saw them in so long, and the Swifts want to see them again. I want you to be on your best behaviour Annabelle, do you understand?"

I didn't reply, I just walked out the door and slammed it shut. It just wasn't fair. I don't want him in my personal life. Maybe if things were better between us, then I'll be happier. What if things were good between us? How would that go?

"Annabelle," My boyfriend called me.

"Daniel," I chirped running towards him and throwing my arms around his torso.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing much, bored, then you came," I smiled and kissed him.

"My mom was all pissed because I almost failed english."

"I can help you," I offered.

"Will we actually study," Daniel smirked, looking too hot.

"Yes we will, you think about sex way too much."

"I think it's a good thing."

"I don't think so." He chuckled and kissed me.

A phone call drew me back to reality.

"Hey Annabelle," it was Linc. What am I doing? I'm daydreaming about Daniel, when I already have a boyfriend.

"Hey Linc," I said too excitedly. It almost sounded fake.

"What are you doing right now?"

"Nothing, you?"

"Do you want to go to the park?" He asked.

"Sure, meet you there in five?"

"Okay," he hung up. At least this can take my mind of everything. We only have one park in this neighbourhood, so we both know which one we're talking about. I quickly walked to the park, excited to see Linc.

It took me about five minutes walking to get to the park and I immediatly see Linc sitting on the bench. I ran up to him and jumped on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. Linc always makes me feel better.

"Annabelle, hey"

"Hey Linc. How are you?"

"Good, you?"

"Not so good, my entire family is coming over, and they're a bit...." I trailed off looking for an appropriate word, "crazy."

"They're probably not that bad."