5: The Player's First Crush

Annabelle:

"Belles, what movie do you want to watch?" Melenie asked.

"Haunting Conneticut" I yelled from the kitchen. I was getting all the snacks ready for our movie night. Every friday was our night, we always decided what we are going to do that friday. Today we picked a movie. It was the best just to chill in our pajamas and watch a movie while pigging out.

"Why do you want to watch a scary movie?" She asked.

"Scary? It's a comedy"

"I don't even have something to say to that" I just laughed at her comment. Most people find it weird how I would burst out laughing in a horror movie while they would cling to the person next to them. I remember once me and Daniel -- Don't even finish that, Annabelle.

"Here's our snacks" I brought out the snack tray which included; popcorn, chips, candy, soda.

"You do know that it's only me and you right?" Melenie asked as she looked at how much food was on the tray.

"Yup" I answered popping the p. Niether of us were wearing makeup or anything presentable really. I was wear plaid pajama shorts and a black tank top. I feel comfortable wearing tighter attire at home or with Melenie. Melenie was wearing plaid shorts too but her's were blue while mine were red, and a navy blue tank top.

"Linc wanted to come today, he told me he missed you"

"I missed him so much too, he could have came, why did you say no Mels?"

"I didn't say no, I said I'll ask you, but then I forgot" She smiled sheeplishly.

"Next time he'll come" I smiled and turned on the movie, prepared to laugh my ass off.

A quarter of the way in the movie we had to stop it because Melenie was too scared. She has this fear of scary movies, the fact that she agreed to watch this movie in the first place was a surprise. I don't know what she found so scary about them, they weren't true, even if they say they are. I personally find them absolutely hilarious.

Instead we just pigged out and talked about whatever came to mind.

"Wow Melenie, you went out with Luke for like that a month?" I asked proudly.

"Almost a month, and don't act so surprised"

"Melenie, you go through boy's so fast I'm pretty sure it's unhealthy," I stated.

"Well those boys didn't interest me"

"And how does Luke?"

"He's funny, cute, kind, sweet and great in --" She stopped herself. I raised my eyebrow, I knew exactly how she was going to finish that sentence.

"Excuse me?" My eyebrow was still raised slightly.

"Nothing"

"Melenie, you do know --"

"Don't worry Belles I know" She interjected. Well as long as she knew the consequences than I guess she's mature enough to make her own decisions.

"Anything new with Daniel?" Mels asked.

"No," I answered sort of sadly. Me and Melenie were always waiting for the day that I will tell her 'yes, we're best friends again' but I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen.

"Babe, you have to remember it's his loss"

"Actually Mels it's not. I'm just a vunerable short girl who can't even defend herself," I stated.

"No Annabelle. You're kind, funny, weird but in a way, and cute" She said pinching my cheeks. She had a habit of doing that, she would randomly pinch my cheek, at first it annoyed me but then I got used to it, plus no matter how many times I tell her to stop doing it, she doesn't listen to me.