10: The Player's First Crush

"ANNABELLE WHERE WERE YOU?!" Popa shouted right when I came in. I hoped I could hide from the family but they beat me here.

"I didn't know you were gonna come so early," I mumbled.

"Of course we were, now come we haven't seen you in so long," Popa said excitedly. He led me to the living room where my entire was seated, and when I say seated I mean everywhere. On tables, floors, chairs, rugs. There wasn't any room where I could even walk.

"Hi everyone." I waved a little. Just then the door bell rang so I went to answer it.

"Hi Annabelle, I hope we aren't late," Clair greeted. Behind her was Noah and Daniel.

"Hi Clair, no you're fine, come on in." I opened the door wider so they could all come in. Noah greeted me, but Daniel just walked in. I led them to the living room.

"Clair, Noah, Daniel good to see you," Aunt Lisa said.

"Annabelle you're so much bigger now, look you finally have boobs," Nana said. My face flushed with embarassment. I heard Daniel chuckle behind me. Nana was always saying stuff like this, she didn't understand that there are something we don't say out loud, especially when a lot of people were around.

"Look she's blushing," Popa gushed. I felt so embarassed.

"So Daniel and Annabelle is any thing going on with you two?" Uncle Victor asked.

"No," Daniel answered confidently. It took a lot of effort not to cry and run upstairs.

"That's too bad, you guys are so cute together," Nana said.

"Let's eat shall we?" Mom interjected. I knew she felt the conversation took a wrong turn. I wasn't really hungry so I just went upstairs. I knew it will only be a while before my mom would call me down. I walked to my room and shut the door.

The door creaked and I checked who was at my door. Daniel. Of course, my mom just had to send Daniel to come and get me because she thinks we're on good terms now.

"Your mom wants you to come downstairs."

"Tell her to wait."

"Why won't you go? Your family is over," Daniel stated.

"I'm just not in the mood," I snapped.

"What's going on with you?" He asked. For a second I actually thought he cared.

"Why do you care? My mom asked you to call me, and you called me, now go." I was tired of him playing with my heart. He didn't say anything, he just went back downstairs. I walked down too.

"And then she called B8 and I won the Bingo champion," Nana said. Every time she see's us she always goes on and on about her Bingo games.