6: The Player's First Crush

"Anna Banana, come play with me," Daniel called from downstairs.

"Wait DanDan," I called back.

"But Anna I'm bored"

"WAIT DANIEL," I yelled.

"Okay Annabelle," Daniel said sadly. I hated that sad voice, Daniel never deserved to be sad. I ran downstairs and threw my arms around him.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you. Sorry DanDan"

"It's okay Anna Banana, I'm sorry for bothering you"

"Daniel, you will never bother me. You're my favourite person to hang out with." I smiled at him.

I woke up. I remember that, when he was my favourite person to hang out with. I remember all the memories we had together. I remember all the fun and crazyness we did together. I missed Daniel so much. Why did I push him away? I could have still been his best friend if I hadn't made that stupid mistake. Even if I was in love him, I could have still been his best friend. At least I would hang out with him, not have him hate me like now.

"I miss you Daniel," I said quietly. I miss the Daniel that always made me smile no matter what. I want him back. That's all I want. I want my Daniel back.

But he will never come back..

I know he won't. I blew my chance with him. I wish he loved me, then everything would have been perfect. We would have been dating, and my life would have been complete.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt tears touch my mouth. I need to stop crying for Daniel. I hated how he had the power to do that to me.

If only Daniel knew that every night I cry for him to come back to me. Everynight I wake up to one of our memories together, and can't control the tears coming down because I know there will be no more. I never want to cry but I can't help it. When he used to look at me, I was the happiest person in the world. His bright energetic smile, brought happy tears to my eyes. Now, when he looks at me, it still being tears to my eyes but that's because of the cold stares he gives me.

And whose fault is that?

I know it's my fault, but I was only twelve. I wasn't thinking.

"Come back Daniel, I promise I will never let you go," I whispered to myself. I cried some more. Why do I still want him? I know he's a rude jerk. But I'm certain that my DanDan is still in there. Deep down, there's the Daniel I know and love.

"Annabelle, what's wrong?" I looked up and found my mom looking worried at my door. I felt bad for waking her up.

"Anna sweety, why are you crying?" She walked to me and enveloped me in a hug.

"Mom"

"Yes sweety?"

"I miss Daniel," I said, and cried again. No one know's this sad and regretful feeling I have. No one understands how I feel.

"Hunny, it's okay, Daniel will be back soon"

"No mom, he hates me," My voice cracked.

"Annabelle, no he doesn't. He is just going through a tough time"

"He is having the time of his life, I'm the one crying night and day. Mom, I just want him back. I know I'm the one who did all this to myself, but mom, I miss him. I just want my DanDan back," I let the waterworks flow. I couldn't hold all the tears in. I looked at my mom and she was tearing a bit too.

"Annabelle, I'm so sorry, but I promise you he will come back." She gave me a kiss, said goodnight then left my room. My mom can sort of understand what I'm going through, she witnessed how happy I am with Daniel and how sad I am now. Shouldn't I be happy I don't have this Daniel as a best friend? But I'm not. Maybe I should just talk to him, tell him how I feel? Yeah right, I can't even look at him without getting butterflies in my stomach, there's no way I can tell him how I feel.