14: The Player's First Crush

Annabelle:

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked. My head was spinning and I couldn't think straight. I tried breathing but no air was coming to my lungs.

"Annabelle? Annabelle?" Daniel was shaking me lightly. I was still gasping trying to breathe. I tried to say something but I couldn't. It felt like someone whacked a baseball bat on my head. I continued to gasp, until I finally get my breathe back. I was about to say something but I felt someone carrying me.

"Daniel?" I croaked. He stopped and looked at me. I looked into his beautiful green eyes, and fought a smile. I know Daniel; he's going to do something nice for me, and then he's going to leave me hanging. He always does.

"Annabelle, are you okay?" He asked again. I didn't know how to answer. I wasn't okay, but I didn't want to tell him that.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You walked right into a locker." He chuckled lightly flashing his perfect white teeth. Again, I fought a smile.

"Do you want to go to the nurse?" The boy carrying me asked. I shook my head. They would call my mom and she would go crazy as if they told her I commited suicide or something.

"I think you should go, you hit your head pretty hard," he informed me. I shook my head again. "I'm fine."

He carefully put me on my feet. I stood up for about four seconds until I couldn't hold myself up anymore and fell forward with a scream. Again, Daniel was there to save the fall. His arms were around my waste and my hands were around his forarms holding my balance. This would have been a perfect moment if we were on good terms. I don't even know what terms we are in. Sometimes everythings good, and sometimes everythings not.

"You were always clumsy." He laughed again. I closed my eyes and tried to remember us when we were little. I was always falling over the stupidest things, and he was always there to catch me. And I always believed he will be there to catch me whenever I fall. Maybe that's still true. Maybe even though he hates me theres still a part of him that wants to protect me.

Daniel helped me to my feet but still held onto my waste. I sucked in a breathe of air. "Oww!" I put my hand on my forhead trying to stop the pain.

"Does your head hurt?" the boy holding me asked stupidly. I wanted to smile for the effort he's putting. I suddenly gasped. That's two periods I missed today!

"Whats wrong?"

"I missed two periods today!" I cried. He unexpectedly burst out laughing.

"You just hit your head hard on a locker and you're worried because you missed two periods. I thought you were freaking out because you lost brain cells or something." He laughed. I wanted to laugh so badly, but I didn't want to count this as a moment with Daniel. But I couldn't help myself from wanting to hear more of his attractive voice.

"I think I'm fine to go to class," I said.

"You sure?" I nodded in response. He didn't say a word, just walked to class. I thought about going back to class because my parents are going to freak if they find out I skipped, but I just don't have it in me to go to class. My head is still hurting. I wanted Daniel to hold me, just like he did a couple of minutes ago. I mentally slapped myself; there I go again thinking about Daniel. I told myself I wasn't going to, and it was going great until he decided to play hero.

I took small slow steps trying to keep my balance as I walk out of the school. It was working until someone bumped into me. Why does this always happen to me? If it's not me who bumped into someone or something, someone just has to bump into me.