t h r e e

"Are you nearly here?" Seph demanded impatiently on the phone, admiring herself in the mirror.

"Like, five minutes away. We're stuck at a red light but we won't be long." Celeste shouted over the music blaring in the background. She could just about make out Sofia's voice, that was belting out the lyrics to the song.

"Hurry up," Seph snapped and hung up. Throwing her rose gold iPhone onto her bed, she ruffled up her freshly curled hair. Re-applying her dark, ox blood coloured lipstick to her luscious Cupid's bows, she smacked them together. Lastly, all she had to do was pick out her outfit.

Seph skimmed her dainty fingers across the rack of dresses she had hanging up in her closet, most of them never even worn. Her closet was to die for.

Pausing, she slid a shimmery champagne satin dress off its hanger. Holding it against her, she perked up a perfectly arched eyebrow in approval before slipping it on slowly, so as not to ruin her carefully applied lipstick.

Hearing a loud knock on the door, she grabbed a pair of gold lace up shoes before dashing downstairs to answer the door.

"Evening, girls," Seph greeted her four friends as a smug smile crept onto her lips, knowing she was the star of the show. She was the queen bee of course, the alpha of the pack. Fuck that actually, she was a rich, millionaire queen bee with millions of followers on Instagram and Twitter who got paid thousands weekly just for posting tweets. She was no preppy high school chick, trust me on that.

"What's cookin' good lookin'," Celeste giggled as she planted a light kiss on Seph's cheek, their way of greeting each other, Seph copying her action. The other three girls hadn't gained that kind of friendship with Seph just yet.

"Where can we put these?" Sofia asked with a cheeky grin on her face as she held up four bottles of spirits, two in each hand. Two litres of absolut vodka, raspberry and vanilla flavour, a litre of grey goose and a litre of Bacardi.

"In the wine cellar, I doubt anyone could sniff the spirits out in there. Who the fuck would want to drink wine anyway." Seph snorted, waving Sofia to the kitchen.

"So I told everyone to show up at about 8, but of course they'll only start arriving at half 8. Looks like we have a half an hour to kill, and by the looks of it, we're definitely doing shots." Celeste exclaimed, clapping her diamond clad hands together, shooting Seph a devilish wink.

Slipping her perfectly pedicured feet into her heels, Seph ran her tongue along her bottom lip as she laced them up.

"God, Cel you just know me too well." A melodic chuckle escaped her lips as she stood up, adjusting her dress around her chest area.

As they made their way into the kitchen, Celeste continued to ramble on. "Where's your stepdad? He is so gorgeous, I was nearly hoping he'd be here."

Seph narrowed her eyes in seething anger. "I already told you Celeste, they're gone out to some dinner party or something, hence why we're having a party." She rolled her eyes, making Celeste jump in fright at her snappy outburst.

"He's such a prude anyway." Seph added, before proceeding into the kitchen ahead of Celeste.