How social media tricks you

Is there any person you see and say "I wish I was him/her"?

Is there any person you see and immediately start fantasizing about yourself living their life?

Have you ever seen a person on social media and said their life is "perfect"?

Me too. Sometimes you see a girl's perfect body on instagram, their "squad goals" on facebook or the cute tweets of their boyfriend and you are jealous. You think they have the perfect life. Truth is, it's not always that way.

See, you can never see what happens behind the picture. You never get to see the person's thoughts, concerns or real life problems as you are too absorbed looking at all the pictures and cute messages they post online.

Everyone has positive aspects in their lives. Some people just choose to project those instead of the negative ones. Someone may be experiencing depression and choose to post their "body goals". Someone may have a shitty family life and choose to show their friends instead. Someone's social life may not be going well, so they choose to show their outfit choices.

This is how you can trick people into thinking you are actually fine.

This is how I tricked people into thinking I wasn't depressed.

This is how I still trick them when I'm having a bad day.

It's easy to trick people when all they see is just an instant of your day. So, maybe the next time your friend looks sad but posts something online don't immediately jump in conclusions and think they are fine. At the end of the day, everyone has a different way of coping with shit

________________

This is super short but I needed to get it out my head.

IMPORTANT: what do you think of shorter updates more frequently?? (not that I ever posted large ones but whatevs)

Love you guys to the moon and back!!!
Jenny