Chapter 1: Double Dumping

Do you believe in bad luck? I do.

Broken mirrors, walking under ladders, black cats crossing the streets, seven years of bad luck, the whole shebang. I'm even surperstitious enough to knock on wood, just to try to counter-act the bad luck.

Unfortunately, not even knocking on wood is going to protect me from the bad luck that will soon follow.

From my very convenient seat in parents beat up volkswagon, I could see perfectly what was going on only a few feet away.

It was night time, and all the lights in the pizzaria were dim to create the perfect romantic setting, which of course, was fantastic if you were on a date, say, with a drop dead gorgeous blonde girl. Better known as my best friend, Jolene.

Since I had the misfortune of parking right in front of the window that the happy couple was sitting at, I could see them looking very cozy, sitting very close to each other on the same side of their booth. They were laughing and smiling and clearly having a good time without me.

Before my eyes, Kyle reached out and smoothed her hair back behind her ear. They stopped laughing, growing serious. Then he leaned across the table, and kissed her, placing one hand on cheek to hold her closer.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I honked the horn of my car loudly, making them both jump. They squinted trying to see my face through the darkness, but I refused to give them the chance to see me...atleast, see me in my car.

Turning off my car, I headed to the pizzaria feeling slight irritation flare up inside me, and before I could change my mind, I stomped over to Kyle's table.

Crossing my arms in front of my chest, I said "Kyle, you've got some serious explaining to do."

"What are you talking about?" Kyle asked, quickly recovering and putting on his best innocent look. "We were just disscussing a topic for our french project."

I raised an eyebrow. "French kissing?"

"It's not what you think, Ivy," Jolene began, standing up. But she couldn't go anywhere with Kyle blocking the only way out of the booth.

"Enlighten me."

"We were studying and then he leaned over and--"

"No, not you. Him," I said, pointing to Kyle, who looked very much like he was about to be sick.  He looked absolutely terrified. And he should be. "I want to hear your take on this whole thing. As ridiculous as your excuse will be, it will definetly amuse me. So please, try to come up with something that is atleast slightly imaginative."

"Er..." he said, looking panicked. I couldn't help but be slightly amused.

Why you may ask? Because this is the part of my relationships that I usually enjoy the most. Not because I'm a sick, twisted psychopath. No, it's because it's all routine. A guy starts to show an interest me, thinking he can prove to all his friends he can 'tame' me, turn me into the perfect girlfriend.

When he starts seeing it doesn't work out, instead of being a man and dumping me, he cheats. Same old story. Wash, rinse, repeat. Snore. The only fun part of these 'relationships' is the part when they try to come up with an excuse as to why I caught them with another girl. The panicked expression in their eyes as they try to come up with something, anything at all, that would explain why they had their tongues down some other girls throat is usually extremely entertaining. Plus it made for a fun story to tell later.

"Oh, come on. You're telling me you seriously have absolutely nothing? You don't even want to try and defend why you were here kissing my best friend?" I asked in disbelief.