eighteen

The weeks have passed me by rather quickly, concentrating solely on work and building back my tumbled mess of a relationship.  I had been putting forth all my effort to be a better person towards Niall, giving him the time of day he deserved from his wife. Even though I didn't deserve the title that was bestowed on me from marriage I did my best to begin to earn it back.

I had thrown away my stubborn and selfish tendencies no matter how much strength I had to put forth. The only person that stood in the way of me was me. I didn't want to be the cause of my own downfall, ultimately blaming myself since that was all I had. I wasn't about to mess this up for myself, I was too determined to give into myself now.

Ever since I had screamed at Astrid to go away I haven't seen her. It was as if she vanished like she had never been a factor in the first place. Although I couldn't fully control when she came and went, I wondered what she was doing, if she was watching me from far distances. The weeks that had passed had been quiet without her and somewhat less drama filled. When others had overheard me talking to her or what others thought, to myself, there was always drama to follow. Talking to an imaginary being put me high on the mentally unstable list for a while.

I now sat under the glittering lights of a crystal encrusted chandelier, other dressed in formal attire that smelled of expense. When I was out with Niall it was nothing less of glamorous from the attire to the  floor we walked on. Tonight we were dining with Liam and his longtime girlfriend Emma.

"I love your dress Amelia! Where is it from?" Emma asked after taking in my black sequined dress that caught light under the chandeliers. The dress ran to my mid thigh and held me up with it's black straps, the tag had read Donna Karen.

"It's a Donna Karen." I told her with a smile on my face feeling more confident in my appearance even though Niall was nearly drooling over the way the dress curved to my body flattering my body shape.

"So Liam, when are you going to tie the knot?" Niall took a swig from his drink with a devilish grin plastered on his face. I had learned more about Liam over these past weeks, Liam was Niall's best friend which I could somewhat see during the Gala. I had also learned that Liam and Emma have been together for 5 years, they have been serious for awhile now and yet they were still not bound together by marriage even though they already acted like a married couple.

"We are in a good place right now, we don't see the need right now." Liam responded a smirk leaving his lips when Niall nearly choked on his drink. "What?"

"That's been your answer for literally 4 years now. I was just waiting for you to say it." I giggled along with Niall and Emma joking about the marriage situation Emma and Liam were in.

"I will be your server tonight, I will leave you to the menu and come back shortly." A waiter just a few tables away sat down another couple. Turning my head to see the new couple being sat down the smile dropped from my face. Straightening my posture while keeping a hard gaze on them I held back every being in my body to stand up and walk over to Harry and Astrid. Restraining myself internally upon seeing Harry's long curls brushing against his shoulders, his green eyes shining like they always had.

I shouldn't be having these thoughts of Harry again. I wasn't going to give into myself all over again, this was my chance to prove myself. I would not give Harry my attention or thoughts because he wasn't mine and I wasn't his in this scenario. Jumping slightly and blinking when I felt a hand on my bare shoulder I turned my head back around to meet Niall's gaze. I guess he had been asking me a question but with me inside my head I had missed what we were talking about.

"Remember Aims?" Niall asked me when I had turned my occupied attention back to him. "Who are you looking at?"

"No one.. I'm sorry what do I remember?" I shook my head of the thoughts of Harry reeling my attention back to Niall and the conversation going on at our table. Looking at Liam while he talked someone had taken my attention with the body suddenly coming to light just a couple inches away from Liam.