twenty

Aching in my bones was now present, my head pounding with a splitting headache. Pain evenly distributed over my entire body, scrunching up my nose I took in a deep breath. Water caught in my nose when I shot my eyes open and began in a round of coughs from the water entering my nose.

Rain drenched me along with the arms that were carrying me. Breathing getting quicker I looked up to see flat blonde hair that sat flat against the man's head from the heavy rain. His facial features of those of the man I had known as Niall. Jumping slightly in his arms Niall looked down at me with those blue eyes that were piercing and everything that encompassed beauty.

"What's going on?" The stress weighing back on me once I became more aware of where I was. Laying me in the front seat I could feel the soreness of my skin and bones even more intensely now. I watched as Niall came back around to the driver side completely drenched in rain, alike me.

"It's okay, I'm going to get you some help. I'm so sorry I didn't see you, the rain is blinding out here." I could hear the Irish accent in his voice that I remembered all too well.

"Where's Harry?" I questioned in need of comfort durning all of this. I yearned to see Harry once more knowing that if things were back to their original state that Harry was mine and I was his.

"Try not to talk, I'm going to get you to a hospital. This storm isn't looking so good and we need to get to safety as soon as possible." Niall was intensely focused on the road that had become more of an obstacle course, with cars rolled or pulled to the side of the road. New York City streets were complete chaos now with horns honking loudly for others to get a move on.

"I'm fine, I just want Harry." I whispered still not able to fully project a normal volume voice. I was lying about being fine and Niall knew this from my wincing in pain over my ribs that throbbed.

"You're not fine, you need medical attention." Niall spoke looking at where I held my hand over my ribs on the right side. My shirt was splashed with blood from places I was unsure of, the sight not bothering me. The pain scared me more then the sight of a red stain spreading up and down my clothing.

Arriving at the hospital Niall scooped me up from the seat while I put my arms around his neck. Laying my head into his chest I concentrated on my breathing rather then the aching pain in my ribs that sparked from movement from the seat into Niall's arms.

"We need a doctor!" Niall called upon coming into the hospital with countless medical staff willing to attend to my damaged body.

A nurse aided us with a wheel chair, Niall let me go setting me into the wheel chair while then the nurse began wheeling me off to tend to my wounds. Looking back at the man drenched in rain water my eyes never strayed from him but rather the distance being put between us causing him to fade.

"Can you tell me where your injuries are?" The nurse conversed pushing me down a large corridor. Looking forward I saw as medical staff bustled about the halls tending to other victims of this storm.

"Please can you call Harry. I need to talk to Harry." My thoughts were solely focused on one task and that didn't happen to be tending to my medical needs. I wanted to make sure Harry was okay and if putting my own needs off was what I had to do then that was what I would do.

"The front desk will contact any relative or spouse as soon as we have your records on hand. Right now I need to know what is hurting you." The nurse spoke calmly pulling the wheel chair into a room where on the bed laid a medical gown.