sixteen

I stretch out on the couch I had found my solace on. Sleep had come to me easily from all the tired tears causing exhaustion to wave over me. I peel open my eyes slowly to give time for my vision to adjust to the lighter setting of the sunny morning that shined through the curtains. I yawn blinking a few times looking around to see Rory still asleep in the play pin Parker happened to have from me leaving it here months ago to which I was lucky.

"Good morning." I heard Parker's soft whispery voice come from the kitchen that my back was to. I turned around with my one arm supporting my upper body.

"Morning." My time was raspy and scratchy from the sleep I had just woken from, still trying to adjust to my surroundings. Laying back down with a thump I re covered myself back up with the blanket and basked in the comfortable position I had found.

"How did you sleep?" Parker brought two coffee mugs over to the living room area and sat where my legs stretched out.

"Good." I smiled underneath the blanket while he set both of the mugs down on the coffee table. Pushing his hair back he yawned while looking at Rory who was still breathing lightly.

"Well I'm glad you slept good, you were a rock! I got up with Rory three times last night."

"Story of my life." I sighed moving my gaze to Parkers where his still remained on tiny Rory.

It must be nice to not know anything like Rory. What I would give to not understand the situation I was in, to be oblivious to the world around me. All he cared for was love and attention like anyone else yet the older we get the more complicated those things become.

"Have you heard from Niall?" Parker questioned handing me my coffee when I reached for it. Sipping on the warm drink I felt it warm my body from the inside giving me no need for the blanket I was curled up in.

"No, I don't think he is too keen on talking to me from what I told you." I put my head down taking another drink while Parker began to give me his words of wisdom.

"Well, if he doesn't want to fix things when you are trying to reach out then that is on him. Just try again to talk to him, you have given him his space so maybe he's ready now." Parker always knew what to say and how to say it. I couldn't ask for a better brother. He had always been my rock when I was younger, durning high school especially.

Since my father wasn't around much durning our childhood, I went out seeking answers in Parker. He was always there for me when my father wasn't and sometimes that's all I needed, for someone to just be there. I relied on Parker for a lot and even now sitting here on his couch clad in his over sized t shirt I still relied on him. I came to him because I knew that whatever shape I was in, he would take care of me when no one else could.

"Okay." I nodded knowing that what he was saying was true. If I was going to fix things Niall also needed to come half way, if he loved me as much as he said.

9:30PM

Amelia: I really want to work things out between us, I hate how this all is right now. I need you more then ever and so does Rory, please come home.

Niall: I'm ready to come home. I want to make this work again to get back to where we used to be.

Amelia: I do too, this all is terrible and I hate feeling this way. Let me explain.

Niall: I'm ready to listen now.

"I better get going. I'll let you know how it all goes." I told Parker putting down my empty mug and pushing the blankets off of me.

"I knew things would work out." He stood up with me putting his cup down and helping me gather my things.

Going over to the play pin I bent down to pick up Rory who began squirming due to his sleep being interrupted. Laying him on my chest where his head was turned into my shoulder I rocked him slowly cooing to him that he was okay. I knew that he wouldn't like being put in the car seat but it had to be done, I needed to be home for Niall.

Buckling the fussy baby into the car seat I stood at the front door with Parker across from me. "Thanks Park."

"You know I'm always here for you Aims." He embraced me in his arms giving me a warm feeling of comfort.

"Yeah I know, I love you!" I pulled away with a smile walking out into the sunny morning atmosphere while he shouted the words back to me.

+

"How have you been?" I asked Niall while he cradled Rory. I watched Rory cuddle up into his father's chest as if he knew the spot he belonged to.

"Not great, you?" He answered with his blue eyes overflowing with sorrow. I could see the hurt in his eyes plainly on display.

"Not great, it's been a long few days." I answered him telling the truth of the matter. Yesterday had been one of the longest and hardest days of my life. It was emotionally straining and physically debilitating from everything that I experienced, I've never had everything in my bones ache like it had yesterday.

"So where have you been these past couple days?" I followed up feeling awkward in this silence and thick between the two of us.

"The Empire Hotel. I needed space which you gave  me and I am grateful for that but it also gave me time to think. Things can't be the way they are currently, they just can't." Niall began to be more engaging while keeping his close eye on me. Day across from him my hands knotted themselves in my lap out of nervousness.

"No they can't and I'm aware of that. I want to tell you my side of what the girl was talking about. It's not what you think." I gulped down my fear and waited for his que for me to continue with what explanation I had for him. In all honesty I didn't know what I was about to say but I had to defend my case somehow, I never did cheat on him.

"When I went to the bathroom... I... I never cheated on you ever. Did I say some things that were unfair to you, yes. Do I see now that that was inappropriate, yes. I should have never brought Harry up at an event like that and I should have never assumed I was alone. I made a mistake by saying things but again I want you to know that I NEVER cheated on you, not once." I could feel the tears prick the backs of my eyes from the emotion coming in waves. I was tired of crying but my soul used it as a healing method.

"I just want you to be happy Amelia." Niall sighed laying Rory down in his bassinet that had been rolled out here by the nanny. Coming to sit next to me he found a spot close to me and took one of my fiddling hands in his own. "I hope that's with me but you need to tell me."

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for never telling you I love you back, for dodging you every time you get close, I know that hurts you. I've been a cause of a pain and I'm sorry. You deserve more from me then that and I've been too selfish to see that until now. I've been focused on other things because of my own agenda." Two tears rolled down my cheek once I blinked them away. Their presence causing my vision to blur until I could finally let go of them.

Seeing Niall's hand extend towards my face I felt his finger brush away my tears. I could see his gaze softening towards me once I had given my apology. "I forgive you."

Hearing those three words come out of this mouth brought me peace. Taking an internal sigh of relief I closed my eyes to embrace the warm feeling forming inside my chest.

"I love you Amelia, I always have and I always will." He tilted my chin up for my eyes to be level with his. Letting his hands cradle my face I could feel a newfound heat come between us once Niall leaned into me. Lips pressing against mine I indulged him kissing him back and giving him all the passion he had been missing from me. Pulling away slowly I could still feel his lingering touch on my lips, remnants of the movement before.

note// who do you ship more, Niall and Amelia or Harry and Amelia? Let me know and vote if you enjoyed!