twelve

The big open room was drenched in expensive lighting and decor that complimented the white walls. This place reeked of luxury once champagne was served on silver platters by waiters and waitresses. With one hand I held Niall's in mine feeling like he anchored me to reality, bringing me back from what I thought was a dream.

"Niall! It's nice to see you here!" A man with chestnut brown hair and eyes to match approached us.

"Liam! I see you still haven't shaven even for an event like this." Niall laughed dropping my hand to hug the man called Liam.

"I'm not the clean shaven type, you know this." Liam and Niall joked before Liam noticed my appearance. "Amelia, you are as beautiful as ever!"

"Thank you! You're too nice!" I gave him a bright smile that accompanied a hug as well. I was guessing this was one of Niall's close work friends.

"No I'm serious no one would have guessed you were pregnant a few months ago!" Liam's compliments made me blush a pink from the flattery I was experiencing.

"Look now you've got me blushing!" I admitting it knowing that is was plainly displayed on my face. Feeling a tap on my back I turned slightly to see a woman clad in no doubt a designer dress and wrapped in pearl jewelry. Her hair in a blonde curly bob that gave a classy 50's vibe.

"Excuse me, you're Amelia West?" Her brown eyes sparkling under the glittering light of the chandelier that brought brilliant light all about.

"Yes that's me." I addressed her with a friendly smile reaching out my hand to meet hers. She looked around her early 30's to me from her mature looking style and overall appearance.

"Oh my goodness it's so nice to meet you, I love your work." She complimented once we both shared a firm handshake.

"The pleasure is all mine, thank you so much for the kind words!" My smile brightened on my face meeting a fellow fan that had taken a liking to my work.

"I just can't wait for your next performance! I'm sure it's going to be your best yet!" The women's smile never faded from her face from the conversation over the upcoming performance.

Unfortunately I had taken some more time off. Since Jason and I were a team he said he could do clean up with the dancers and tie the last minute loose ends together. Jason had suggested I take more time off for myself, he told me that I jumped into work all too quickly after having the baby. He told me that I never stopped working and needed some time off to figure my life out again since I had confided in him a bit. I had told him I had personal issues to sort out before I came back to work. Jason and I both wanted me to be my best when I came back and for that to happen I needed time to get the hang of this new life. I needed time to re learn what I should have already known, I needed to figure out my life.

"I hope so!" I nodded becoming all too crowded when other couples began to bombarded me with questions. People in nicely sewn clothing crowding me with all types of questions regarding my upcoming performance that Jason was taking care of.

"Would you all kindly excuse me? I need to use the ladies room." I had backed up slightly against Niall feeling secure with him near me, something I had felt with Harry alike.

"Are you okay?" Niall asked me when I began to walk away from the question hungry people.

"Yeah I'm fine, just need to use the restroom." I assured him needing more of a breather then anything else. I needed air from all the questions that others were asking me, I guess I was unaware of my own social status.

Small crowds circled me and begged to know what was next for my next show. A lot of people knew my name and I had gone unknowing of this until now. It was strange to me that I had made it so successful, that I had finally stood out from others a dream I had strived for time and time again.