elevan

"Are you ready for tonight?" Niall asked me laying in bed while I cradled Rory in my arms propped up against the headboard.

"Tonight?" I arched a brow not remembering we had anything today. My plan was to go see Harry since I had attained his address from Gemma like planned.

"It's the gala for my work? We have it every year." Niall enlightening me on what our plan was tonight.

"Oh yeah right." I tried to hide away my disappointment of the event intervening with my own agenda.

"It will be a nice to have a night out with just the two of us, I think we need it." Niall expressed while I found my eyes wondering into is crystal clear ones.

It was easy to fall for Niall and I could see now how it had all happened. Niall was every girls dream man, with that blonde hair and crystal clear blue eyes to accompany his entire look; you could find yourself in love. Not only was his outer appearance pleasing but he was more then caring for my needs. Always offering to take weights off my shoulder I felt so guilty for my attitude towards him. Not that I was ever mean or nasty to him but, it was my absence of physical touch and indulging in deep conversation I could see he craved. I wasn't the girl he fell for and I could tell it bothered him even though he did his best to hide that.

"Yeah.... What about Rory?" I touched the baby's soft blonde hair on his head watching his eyes wonder my face.

"What do you mean?" Niall sat up propping himself up on the headboard like I had.

"Whose going to watch him?" I had grown a stronger bond to the baby I never knew I had. I had become very protective over him and didn't like leaving him for long periods of time.

"Aims, Arabella is coming over." The familiar name grew thick in the air once he had spoken it.

"No, Nope, Not happening." I informed shaking my head at the thought of my sister watching my baby.

"Why not? Aims the gala is tonight, we don't have time to be picky. Rachel is on holiday until Monday." I was inferring that Rachel was our nanny. Annoyed that I would have to see my mess of a sister I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"You've never had a problem with Bella watching him before. What's the problem?" Niall asked confused by my dreaded attitude towards my hot mess of a sister.

"What's the problem?! Niall, Arabella is an alcoholic mess. I wouldn't doubt that she is into drugs too at this point! I don't want her watching Rory nor do I even want her in this house." I expressed hoping that I got my point across about Arabella.

"Babe, what are you talking about?" Niall furrowed his brow still confused by my analysis of Arabella.

"What do you mean what am I talking about? Ara is like the girl version of snoop dog! She's always higher then a kite!" I spat remembering her high school days when she would come home wasted and high all at the same time. She always got herself into trouble but didn't care much for my parents authority.

"Okay are we talking about the same Arabella here? This is the same girl that volunteers at the animal shelter twice a week!" Niall began to laugh at my story he probably thought I made up.

Scoffing in my head over her volunteering for anything, I raised my brows. I had forgotten all about others lives had changed due to adjusting mine. "Oh that's right!" I slapped my free hand over my forehead whispering this under my breath.

"You're funny." Niall leaned over kissing my cheek and stealing Rory from my arms with one swift motion.

"Is your mommy funny?" Niall touched his nose lightly to Rory's causing him to laugh. "Isn't she so funny?" Niall's tone of voice raising in pitch while playing with his baby.