Chapter 19- Unmasked

Lanora saw the armies coming together, they must make it there before they clashed. She urged her dragon on faster, and he responded speeding through the air like an arrow. "Majeesh" Shouted Lanora at the top of Shadows husky voice and a great blue fire ball shot from the sky and erupted in the space between the advancing armies, this astounded both sides and they all stopped dead in their tracks, and all eyes looked to the sky gobsmacked for a ginormous armour clad dragon was coming in to land. His wings were like a hurricane, his fire hotter than the sun; he let out a small cry of anger and then put down one of his wings to reveal the rider snug at the base of his neck. "Shadow's here to fight alongside us" chanted the men in unison, "indeed" replied Shadow tuning to the dying fire wall. Their golden war trumpets sounded, all the soldiers shouted and clanged their weapons on their shiny shields creating a tune of metallic that rang out over the battle ground. The front horseman which was the prince from the blue feathers atop his helmet, who was riding the great lord of the night Phantom raised his sword the blade gleaming in light and from the trees emerged the Elven folk of the forest, from the skies came the rest of the dragons all looking to their grounded leader the biggest and most feared of all the great and powerful Nightmare carrying a small delicate rider on his back. The elves had managed to evade all the tricky traps that Kane had built all of them had been tripped off with burnt sticks from the dragon forest fire, this made Kane very displeased and he looked at the cage he had built for the elfling, its chains rattling with every bump the wooden wheels hit. And Lanora followed his gaze and knew exactly what it was for she did not wish to end up in there.

Astride the mighty dragon was Shadow, who rose his head in pride and honour, the dragon bellowed out his challenge to the world for Shadow was his master and he was Shadows dragon, his call told of truth and justice and it held all the anger of the people, mustered in the lines behind them. "Help has come sire" Jim joyously gestured to the beings emerging from the forest, Nathaniel and the host of men turned around to see what was left of each of all the good enchanted races coming out of the trees ready for battle. Yes the enchanted races were dwindling because of humans and they were on their way to extinction but if they get rid of Kane then they could prosper once again, so here they were all of them answering the scrolls brought to them with pride and dignity. The flames vanished to reveal to Kane the force beyond the mighty dragon, "It can't be oh but it is Star Stream and SHADOW!" snarled Kane screwing up his face beneath his heavy helmet. The bewitched men did not falter, and at Kane's word they continued to charge forward, and at the word of both the Prince and the dragon rider the free willed leapt into battle. The two sides collided with horrifying crunching and metal fusing to metal.

Star Stream took off his anger showing in every line of his gigantic body. He set fire to the west flank of demons; he circled and flamed up the south flank as well. "Shadow your mine" screamed out Kane leaping up in his saddle, Star stream wheeled round and flew dangerously close to him, but when Kane looked to the saddle it was empty, the rider was absent. He turned just in time to see Shadow flying toward him blade out front ready to kill, Kane cast his first of many spells "Expent" and Shadow was sent flying backwards. The Elves bounded forward and caught the small figure, putting him upright on his feet they took off after a great big spider battling several men. Shadow sprinted back after Kane who was making his way to Nathaniel who was fighting from horseback, he quickly passed the slow older man and came close to the horse and rider "Phantom Achind" he called as he ran toward them and Phantom kicked out backwards and hit a demon square in the chest killing it instantly, he then immediately shifted backwards, letting shadow run up and jump onto his rump. Shadow braced himself as the stallion raced through the throng, Nathaniel swung his sword striking down the evil ones and Shadow shot his black wood bow, every arrow finding its exact kill spot. They passed Marseth shooting his miniature black bow protected by Luxna, he looked at the bow Shadow welded it was Lanora's, and then he looked into the hood shrouded face a small wisp of auburn hair feathered out for a split second just long enough for Marseth to see it, his jaw dropped he knew who Shadow was. Luxna knew what the boy had seen and she growled at him "do not tell anyone young human she must stay undiscovered for as long as possible", "yes miss" replied Marseth stepping back from the normally gentle nature pleat wing who was tearing at any evil doer who came close enough. "Take me to him prince it's time to end this" said Shadow into Nathaniel's ear, "fine but he's not yours I hope you know" retorted Nathaniel swinging Phantom in the kings direction "yes I know" answered Shadow catching sight of Kane and he sprang from the stallions back, and jumped from demon head to head using his bow as a weapon whacking several men and demons in the face with the ends as he went. He also used the small dagger from the shin to kill the ones he was using as stepping stones.