Chapter 16

Chapter 16 is here.

not much to say anyway

well enjoy

Chapter 16 - August

Two months went by fast. Not much happened really. Got to see more Beatle shows with Lilly. I hung out with her some as well. I told Ringo I didn't really want a boyfriend right now and he understood nicely. I kind of did like Ringo but with all these issues with Paul, I didn't want to be any boy's bird at that point.

Boys are douches sometimes.

And sometimes......oh whatever.

My birthday was coming up. On August 25, I would be 21 years old, which was exciting as ever. I had become pretty close to John and George. They were pretty nice, and made great friends for me. Ringo was become a sweet friend as well, though it took some time more time then the others.

But Paul still was awkward around me. And he and Lilly still together. Lilly always talks about him, gets annoying fast. Probably because I'm jealous, though I don't want to be.

Enough of me going on.

My birthday started with a normal morning. I awoke in the morning with the sun shining bright through my window. I breathed in through my nose like the apartment would smell different on my birthday. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before looking at the clock and getting up.

Then I slipped out of bed and showered quickly, washing my hair and body while humming to some simple song tune. Next, I dressed in jeans and a simple t-shirt and went to my kitchen to eat when the door bell rung.

So I slid across the carpet to the door, and turned the door knob, pulling the door open. And I smiled at the person standing there.

"Holly! You are so big!" My mother's sister, who I called Auntie Claire. She acted like she was so much younger then she really was. Clarie always told me, whenever I asked how old she was, that she was not much older then dirt. This always made me giggle or plain out laugh. I hadn't seen her since my mother's funeral.

"Oh Claire, you know I'm done growing." We laughed as we hugged. She was a lot like my mother. Had the same grey eyes. Our laughter died down and I pulled my arms back, still happy to see her.

"You're almost as old as me." I laughed when she said that. Claire hating being called old, so she joked about being in her twenties. My aunt did have some wrinkles around her eyes and nose and mouth.

"Happy Birthday Holly." She was sincere by the tone in her voice. I happily thanked her and she continued to speak, "Come, lets have some fun!" I nodded and grabbed my handbag that always sat waiting for me on the table by the door. I followed her outside and we took my car this time, you know the black beetle.

We went out to some shop, she pointed the way out to get there. It was a cute little shop. It was a record  shop, with all sorts of shit. Claire told me I could get anything my little heart desired, which caused me laughter. I wandered around the store, looking at the different albums. 

I found some Chuck Berry ones and I looked through them, seeing if I could find something appealing. All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

My whole body jumped, as I twisted around to see who it was.

"Jesus John!" My hand went over to where my heart it. He laughed at my reaction, and smoked some of his cigarette. He looked at the records I was looking through and nodded.

"Chuck Berry, good choice." I shrugged at my friend once he finished speaking.

"Just looking." I told him, "My aunt over there is buying me one for my birthday." I pointed at her across the store but her back was to us.

"Oh!" A large smile crawled across his face, "Your birthday eh?" I casually leaned back against the case with the records, and moved my gaze from my aunt to John.

"Maybe it is." I shrugged, "I don't remember being born." He chuckled  and finished his cigarette before leaning back like me. 

"Hm." John kind of said after about a minute. 

"What?" I asked, looking at him. 

"It all makes sense now." I was about to ask what but he answered my question first, "Paul had been mumbling about the perfect gift, or some shit like that, for a week or so. Guessing he was talking about your special day."  I peered at the floor under my feet and smiled. Now, I was really excited to see what he would get me.

"Do you know-" I was interrupted by John.

"What he got you? No idea." He pushed forward, standing on his shoes, and rubbing his hands together. I followed quickly. He began for the door, before turning around and waving for me to follow. "Come ed, we are going to have some fun."

"What about my aunt?" I looked over at her. She was looking at me and smiled. 

Go. Claire mouthed at me and waved me towards John. I mouthed a thanks in return and threw her my keys for my car. Then I spinned around towards John and followed him out of the shop.

This could be a fun birthday.