Chapter 3

Aw! I love the last chapter. I love it love it love it. I mean John is so sweet when he was that young. Actually I have no idea but ITS MY STORY XD. Well anyway, I think this is the last 1952 chapter, give or take. IDK Am I suppose to know? Oh right, it's my story

ON TO THE CHAPTER!

Enjoy!

Chapter 3: 1953 Part 3

My hand was still tightly connected with John's as we set foot on my porch. I reached for the door with my other hand. But it opened for me. I quickly pulled my hand away from John and placed it in front of me. My mum had opened the door, she wiped her hands on her already dirty apron.

"Where have you been?" The look of worry crossed her face.

"Just at the park." My mum shrugged is off and nodded. Her grey eyes looked over to John and her eyebrow, which was the same color as my hair, rose into her forehead.

"Hello madam," John stretched out his hand, and my mum took it in a light grip, "My name is John, John Lennon." I was just as surprised as she was at his manners. A tiny smile came across my face.

She looked back at me, "Oh! Um I was wondering if he could, um, eat dinner with us and the McCartneys." My mum placed her face in her head and slightly shook her head.

"Ok, ok." She finally answered, "As long as it's ok with his family." She turned around and walked back towards the kitchen. I turned to John and he looked at me, like he was waiting for something.

"Phone?" John asked kindly. Duh, what else would be want? So I pulled him inside and pointed towards the wooden table just in the door. A black phone sat there waiting to be used.

"I'll be right back." He waved to me and picked up the phone, bring it to his ear. I walked up to the second floor. It had only three doors. My room, Mum's room, and a simple bathroom. I walked into my room, which was full of boxes. Only my bed was untouched. The only thing left on my white walls caught my eye when I passed in front of it.

A full body mirror was hooked onto the wall, it had a few cracks and scraps on the side of the, but I  could see myself farely well. And I didn't like what I saw.

 My hair was barely brushed, and it's dirty blonde color nearly made me throw up. I hated wearing glasses. I didn't need them but Mum wants me to. I tapped my finger at my screwed up teeth, each pointing in a different direction. The blouse I was wearing bulged just slightly at the stomach. And my clothes were messy.

Paul was right.

"Holly?" I looked to see John waiting at the door. I moved across the carpet towards him. "Everything ok?" He's sweet voice filled my ears.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I could tell be didn't believe me but he didn't ask again. My nose filled with the smell of cooked potatos and pork.

"Well, anyway." He changed the subject, "I can stay." Good, I couldn't take that McCartney kid alone. We both traveled down the small hallway and to the stairs. Things couldn't be better. But as we reached the stairs, my blue eyes fell upon the sight of the McCartneys. Mr. and Mrs. McCartney talked to Mum while Paul held the cute little Michael close to him. I watched Paul's hazel eyes look around the house, reading the slightly cracked walls and the furniture in the room. He knew we weren't the richest people in Liverpool, but still. Finally, he turned his head to look at us.

Then, when he looked at John and me, something in Paul's hazel eyes changed. I'm still not sure what, but something changed forever. John and I walked down the short flight of stairs, each step almost seemed to moan as we came down. McCartney was right at the bottom, waiting almost, for us.

"Hi, I'm John." John stepped forward, being the gentleman he is, and stretched out his hand for Paul. But He didn't take it. The hazel eyes looked at John for a moment and then back at me.

"I'm Paul." Was the only response. Not facal expression, no movement in his arms to even seem like a nice kid, just two words. John slowly pulled his hand back to his side and avoided eye contact with Paul.

"Hello children." My mum came up behind Paul and Michael. The two brothers turned around and looked up at my mum.

"The adults are going to sit in the living room," She said, "You all are going to sit in the kitchen." We nodded. I led the others into the kitchen and we sat at the small table. Plates were already set up with knifes and forks, napkins, and clear cups filled with tea. I sat across from Paul, John on my right, and Michael on my left. My mother put the food on our plates and then walked out with three white cups full of tea. We ate in silence, listening to what my mum and Mr. and Mrs. McCartney were talking about.

"So." I heard Mr.McCartney said first, after taking a sip of his tea,"Where in America are you two moving?"

"New York City." My mum answered with a cheery attitude, "I found a nice apartment there." New York City wow! I could become a whole new person there. That made me a little bit excited about moving. But only for a moment, when I looked over at John and he looked up at me from the food. He gave me a smile, full of half chewed food. I giggled at the sight, before looked back down at my food.

My blue eyes flickered up at Paul ever few seconds. I can't believe I am sitting across from this big jerk. Once in a while our eyes would meet, his hazel and mine blue.

"What?" I finally said, leaning back in my chair.

"Nothing." Paul responded, knowing the question was directed at him. I bet John was wondering what was wrong with us. So was I.

Eventually, we all finished our dinner, and the parents forced us all outside. Paul and Michael sat on the black metal bench and John and I sat on the door step.

"I wish this night would never end." John said with a serious tone in his voice.

"Me too."  My head shook up and down in agreement. Then I saw a girl walking up the driveway, Lillian.

"Hey Lilly!" I stood and ran over to her. I hugged her tightly, suprising her, before she hugged me back.

"What's up Holly." She asked when I pulled away.

"I'm gonna move." I told her, "To America." A frowned crossed her face.

"Well, that sucks." Her hazel eyes, which were like Paul's, peered around to look to see who was sitting on my porch. Her frown turned into a tiny smile as she saw the chubby Paul. I lead her over to the porch and introduced her to John, before sitting back beside him.

"Hey Paul." She giggled and covered her mouth her face. Lilly liked Paul.

"Hi Lillian." He smiled at her and she blushed. Paul looked over at through the corner of his hazel eyes. What is wrong with him? I didn't care, though. John kept his arm around my back and holding on to my shoulder. I had my head on his shoulder.

"Hm," Lilly said looking at John and me, "Well, I better go. Bye, Holly, Paul. It was nice to meet ya John."

"You too." John waved goodbye at her as she walked away. I would miss her, she has been my best friend forever.

"What a beauty." Paul spoke once Lilly was out of ear shot. John and I looked at him for a second before laughing really hard. Paul like Lilly too! We continued to laugh at Paul. Even Michael laughed, though I think he was just playing along.

Things were going great, and hopefully they would get better.